Options

Paramore Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I have never listened to any of their stuff and don't even like this sort of radio friendly, emo rock but I have to admit that Decode was easily in my top five singles of 2008. It's so super slick it hurts. Plus it has a Mansunesque guitar break in it.

How that tiny slip of a girl gets so much vocal power is a mystery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I love Paramore! I'm going to the Birmingham gig on Friday and i'm so excited!! My favourite songs off the new album are:

Careful,
    Brick By Boring Brick,
    Turn It Off,
    Looking Up,
    All I Wanted

Bexy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paramore had largely been a little too commercial-emo for me to listen to them seriously. But when I heard the live lounge version of Ignorance (Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxCOY4MFg0g&feature=related ) I was stunned.

Hayley has an exceptional voice. I downloaded the new album and I really enjoyed it. The new single Brick by Boring Brick is also very strong. I like the earnest nature of their lyrics. When so many artists are cynical in their lyrics these days (the likes of Muse, Arctic Monkeys - bands I like no less for it though) it is refreshing to hear such open and honest songs (and along with Mumford & Sons Paramore have really saved the end of the year for me music wise)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    FleetSeb wrote: »
    Paramore had largely been a little too commercial-emo for me to listen to them seriously. But when I heard the live lounge version of Ignorance (Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxCOY4MFg0g&feature=related ) I was stunned.

Hayley has an exceptional voice. I downloaded the new album and I really enjoyed it. The new single Brick by Boring Brick is also very strong. I like the earnest nature of their lyrics. When so many artists are cynical in their lyrics these days (the likes of Muse, Arctic Monkeys - bands I like no less for it though) it is refreshing to hear such open and honest songs (and along with Mumford & Sons Paramore have really saved the end of the year for me music wise)

I'd love to have Hayley's voice. Her voice gets stronger every year. Have you heard the acoustic (live) version of Decode? It's my favourite version, she's a bit sick in the video, but she still sounds amazing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V12bPb8j0OA&feature=related

As for the album, I love it. 'Misguided Ghosts' is a standout track to me. There isn't a bad song on there. I love that they have been so honest about their rocky patch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Mimi. wrote: »
    I'd love to have Hayley's voice. Her voice gets stronger every year. Have you heard the acoustic (live) version of Decode? It's my favourite version, she's a bit sick in the video, but she still sounds amazing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V12bPb8j0OA&feature=related

As for the album, I love it. 'Misguided Ghosts' is a standout track to me. There isn't a bad song on there. I love that they have been so honest about their rocky patch.

She does have an excellent voice - sounds very good in that version of Decode. And seemingly it has matured a lot on the last 2/3 years...
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    New single is The Only Exception from the album brand new eyes. :) video [url="http://www.paramore.net/]here[/url] - thoughts? :)
  • Options
    KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    New single is The Only Exception from the album brand new eyes. :) video [url="http://www.paramore.net/]here[/url] - thoughts? :)

Thanks for that! Surprised by the choice of single but I love it, and the video is really good :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Paramore are by far my favorite band. I'm another one who would love to see them live!

They've confirmed they're releasing 'The Only Exception' on April 5th, so that's something to look forward to!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »

You beat me to it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    Hayley looks absolutely stunning in the Brick By Boring Brick video.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I can't believe that they're not releasing 'Careful' as a single, it's by far the best song on the excellent album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought they were releasing this on valentines day, thought wrong. :) Beautiful song though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Favourite tracks?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    That's What You Get :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I can't believe that they're not releasing 'Careful' as a single, it's by far the best song on the excellent album.

Apparently it was between Careful and The Only Exception. Maybe TOE was getting a better response while on tour in the UK. They've never had a slower song out (as far as I know.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just looked at 'The Only Exception' music video and I really like it :). I don't really know what people are saying about them not being nice people because to me, Hayley comes across as a really sweet girl :confused:. I do think the boys should have more of a go in their videos.

Thumbs up for the only exception, anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paramore won best international band at the NME awards. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE Paramore. Got 'Let the Flames Begin' stuck on repeat, 17 listens today so far haha. I haven't really warmed to the new album much, apart from Brick by Boring Brick. Riot! is amazing though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I LOVE Paramore. Got 'Let the Flames Begin' stuck on repeat, 17 listens today so far haha. I haven't really warmed to the new album much, apart from Brick by Boring Brick. Riot! is amazing though.

Ahh see I love both riot and brand new eyes. :) I listen to brand new eyes more though. Let the flames begin took a while to grow on me, as did miracle. I'd love to see them live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bump.

Anyone else have posters of them in their room? I have a wall full of paramore. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Only Exception is available for download tomorrow according to itunes.

Also, Josh is getting married today (saturday 3rd april) to his fiancee Jenna. :)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've actually got all their videos on my ipod - i was watching 'emergency' on the bus home today :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i've actually got all their videos on my ipod - i was watching 'emergency' on the bus home today :)

I saw this video the other day. They've all changed/grown up so much! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lectrospin wrote: »
    badly overrated, you can see what a stretch it is to write just one song and that awful voice...

So you missed the word 'appreciation' then....:rolleyes::yawn: