Options

Open letter to mirror readers from Simon Cowell

123457»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    What a pile of crap! It must have just slipped his mind then not telling the public it was gonna be a sing off in the semis hmm
  • Options
    maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    That letter is an utter insult, does he think we are all morons or what.

The show has been a fix since day one, so why bother to tell us now it is not, cos the heat is on, well I think he may have also sussed that some of us are not morons and will not be voting on his circus of a show, I certainly wont be, and most people I have spoken to wont be either, they think he has taken one step too many over the line, and blatantly this time.

GG
    'Methinks he doth protest too much', I have become so annoyed recently that i cannot watch the show without being cross at the unfair treatment of some good talent, and after last weekend not alone will i not vote, which i have been doing, but i don't intend watching either, entertainment i think not:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Dear Simon,

as you are so fond of saying – Look! It’s time to step away from that big hole you’ve dug and put the shovel down. If you keep on digging, it will just cave in on you if it hasn’t already.

You have made a serious error of judgement on this issue and as a result you have woken the silent majority. You remember them? Those are the hardcore fans who loved the X Factor, splashed out a bit of their hard earned cash on voting, enjoyed the entertainment and ignored all those naysayers who said we were wasting our money and constantly cried fix.

What you did last weekend made those hardcore fans feel very, very stupid and that has not gone down well Simon, not well at all. You see, in one fell swoop you proved that the naysayers are right and have always been right and that we, your most loyal supporters have been really, really thick.

If you decided to change the format – fine – it’s your show but are we really supposed to believe that you just forgot to let the viewers, the other judges, the phone voters, the presenter, the media and your own website in on this little change? You see had you done so, you might have been ok. At least we wouldn’t have been happily phoning and spending our hard earned cash under the mistaken belief it might actually help to get our favourites into the final (your words, not mine by the way).

In all of your statements and open letters you don’t even have the decency to come close to an apology to those people you let down last weekend. I thought better of you Simon, actually, I really did and that’s sad.

I understand that there will be no sing off in the final – Gee that’s soooo good of you. What a pity you decided to move the goal posts for the semi-finals and then you could have avoided a rather spectacular admission. You have now confirmed that there really is no point in voting for anybody on the X Factor because the rules can be changed to ignore that public vote if the result is not one you like. Perhaps you have forgotten how hard cash is to come by for most of us plebs. You must have or you would not dismiss our spending of it so lightly.

Please take a reality check. Not all of your audience is under 16 and rapping themselves stupid whilst hanging out on facebook. Now do the decent thing by the people who have put you where you are. Honour the public phone vote and if the contestant chosen by the public did not go through, but should have done, offer her a place in the final. THAT would be a surprise and make things very interesting!

Otherwise just give up on phone voting all together now that you have revealed it to be a total sham. Your little, so recently created caveat, has helped you clamber out of this particular hole but what is this – The ACME broadcasting company? Dirty tricks like belong to dodgy used car salesmen, not a major broadcaster who invites public participation. By any yardstick, the organisation has failed spectacularly and taken the public for a ride whilst taking their money. I will never vote again for any contestant on The X Factor.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, bravo! I think you should send that directly to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bolls wrote: »
    Dear Simon,

as you are so fond of saying – Look! It’s time to step away from that big hole you’ve dug and put the shovel down. If you keep on digging, it will just cave in on you if it hasn’t already.

You have made a serious error of judgement on this issue and as a result you have woken the silent majority. You remember them? Those are the hardcore fans who loved the X Factor, splashed out a bit of their hard earned cash on voting, enjoyed the entertainment and ignored all those naysayers who said we were wasting our money and constantly cried fix.

What you did last weekend made those hardcore fans feel very, very stupid and that has not gone down well Simon, not well at all. You see, in one fell swoop you proved that the naysayers are right and have always been right and that we, your most loyal supporters have been really, really thick.

If you decided to change the format – fine – it’s your show but are we really supposed to believe that you just forgot to let the viewers, the other judges, the phone voters, the presenter, the media and your own website in on this little change? You see had you done so, you might have been ok. At least we wouldn’t have been happily phoning and spending our hard earned cash under the mistaken belief it might actually help to get our favourites into the final (your words, not mine by the way).

In all of your statements and open letters you don’t even have the decency to come close to an apology to those people you let down last weekend. I thought better of you Simon, actually, I really did and that’s sad.

I understand that there will be no sing off in the final – Gee that’s soooo good of you. What a pity you decided to move the goal posts for the semi-finals and then you could have avoided a rather spectacular admission. You have now confirmed that there really is no point in voting for anybody on the X Factor because the rules can be changed to ignore that public vote if the result is not one you like. Perhaps you have forgotten how hard cash is to come by for most of us plebs. You must have or you would not dismiss our spending of it so lightly.

Please take a reality check. Not all of your audience is under 16 and rapping themselves stupid whilst hanging out on facebook. Now do the decent thing by the people who have put you where you are. Honour the public phone vote and if the contestant chosen by the public did not go through, but should have done, offer her a place in the final. THAT would be a surprise and make things very interesting!

Otherwise just give up on phone voting all together now that you have revealed it to be a total sham. Your little, so recently created caveat, has helped you clamber out of this particular hole but what is this – The ACME broadcasting company? Dirty tricks like belong to dodgy used car salesmen, not a major broadcaster who invites public participation. By any yardstick, the organisation has failed spectacularly and taken the public for a ride whilst taking their money. I will never vote again for any contestant on The X Factor.

Love it and would love to see Simon face if he read it.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it and would love to see Simon face if he read it.

He'd give a deadpan look to camera and simply say "I'll live"

Cowell doesn't give two hoots about the odd dissenting fan - he gets rich no matter how crookedly he plays the game.
  • Options
    maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    Dear Simon,

Very good, you should send this to S.C.He does not like criticism as he showed to Mary re her comments on Xtra Factor.
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sent it to Scowell for sure! But it might be good to send it to the Current Bun and the Express (who seem to hate him this week) too! Love to see it in print :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounded a bit desperate to me.
    But hey, I wouldn't watch X Factor and vote if I didn't enjoy the show.
    Whoever wins, wins.
    I also liked Katie's singing and was glad when SImon saved her even though she often didn't deserve to be saved against some of the sing-off opposition (TreyC and Aiden.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please take a reality check. Not all of your audience is under 16 and rapping themselves stupid whilst hanging out on facebook. [ /QUOTE]

True.
    Simon should remember that X Factor has a prime time TV slot and the audience who enjoy it is made up of all ages.
    Besides, who often pays the phone bill and buys the mobile credit for the younger viewers?
    e.g. when I was a kid I fancied David Essex, but didn't care what or how he sung. He was gorgeous and a pin-up.
    But it was the parents who paid for my pop magazines (FAB 208.) :)
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In our house I'm the bill payer, and Voting on the X factor is banned because of the constant saving of Katie and Cher who are not popular with the GBP, but biffa and Scowell. I don't intend to watch next year as I've invested too much time watching a big fix this year.

I will allow voting on Strictly, because the dance off has been ditched and the judges cannot keep repeatedly saving contestants the GBP don't like, but they do. I;d say that without the judges manipulation it STILL shakes out a worthy winner at the end, and the journey through the series is much more pleasurable experience. I've really enjoyed Strictly this year. FiXFactor on the other hand has been tedious and I'll be glad when it's over this year.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Simon,

Of course you hope the viewers/voters believe it is a fair competition. :p

Nah, most people agree that the show actually is 'fair' in that contestants generally do far better as a result of the show than they would have otherwise.

People are getting far too serious about things, but , then, that's not always a bad thing, is it?

Have a lovely day.

-Singy Thingy

ps-offer a better deal for the finalists,with more control in the hands of each performer as far as how they are presented/song choice, and you might entice far more of those of us who can REALLY sing. ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cowell doesn't give two hoots about the odd dissenting fan - he gets rich no matter how crookedly he plays the game.

Yes, if the question is raised on Xtra Factor, you can just imagine him looking to the side at Cheryl, looking back into the rabbly audience and then looking at Konnie and saying while twiddling his pen, "Look, I genuinely think I did the right thing for the show"... (blah de blah - complete the sentence with the usual platitudes).

He is the archetypal narcissist.

Also, couldn't help but notice your moniker which, in the circumstances, is mightily appropriate!:D
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D:D
    I think I should see a urologist
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Great post from Bolls :D
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hardly the odd dissenting fan now. Even the tabloids who are under Max's thumb are sticking the boot in.
  • Options
    RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pmsl! What a crock! OK, Simon, now you've put it that way, I have lost all my cynicism and completely believe in you and the show. :D

Is this meant to be ironic ? Anyone who keeps saying "I'm going to be honest with you” usually has something to hide. It doesn't matter what Simon says, most people are not going to trust him or the other judges, who would probably invoke the Nuremburg Defence when challenged about their decision, "Ve vas only obeying orders". A job as a FIFA executive or bookies runner for Pakistani cricketer beckons for SImon.

I used to like this show and voted for good singers but after the fiascos with Laura White and Lucie Jones I have stopped voting, apart from one protest vote for Wagner. Simon’s made plenty of money, why not just have a straight singing contest and see how the viewing figures stack up ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Simon Cowell:
    I have always listened to and respected our viewers and have always believed viewers ultimately make the right decision. I hope the viewers trust the show that this is a fair competition.

I genuinely believe this weekend’s final is the most open and could be the most exciting yet. All four contestants are incredibly talented. Our job is to ensure the viewers can watch a star-studded final, we will always be fair and respect our viewers. It’s your show.

Watch your nose Pinocchio! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent post Bolls.
  • Options
    walaboobahwalaboobah Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richwood wrote: »
    Is this meant to be ironic ? Anyone who keeps saying "I'm going to be honest with you” usually has something to hide. It doesn't matter what Simon says, most people are not going to trust him or the other judges, who would probably invoke the Nuremburg Defence when challenged about their decision, "Ve vas only obeying orders". A job as a FIFA executive or bookies runner for Pakistani cricketer beckons for SImon.

I used to like this show and voted for good singers but after the fiascos with Laura White and Lucie Jones I have stopped voting, apart from one protest vote for Wagner. Simon’s made plenty of money, why not just have a straight singing contest and see how the viewing figures stack up ?

The Lucie v Jedward bottom 2 was the one that did it for me, from that moment onwards we no longer vote in the show as it showed Cowell up as the hypocrite that he is

It would have happened this year too, if Wagner had been in the bottom two earlier than he was.

Katie, Cher and Wagner were keeping the X Factor on the front pages and that's all that the SC machine cares about