Options

Clara resembling Missy?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
Forum Member
Hi, First post so sorry if this has been talked about previously.

Does anyone else think that Clara was showing a slight resemblance to Missy in the last episode? The clothing and lipstick reminded me of Missy, Maybe Missy messed with her While teleporting? Would fit the Hybrid theme.

Also I may be wrong here but do Zygons take on the personality of the people they copy until they choose to be themselves? If so then Clara sounded alot less nice human and alot more kinda evil before Bonnie stopped pretending to be her. If Zygons don't do this then ignore this last bit :)

Comments

• Options
    MrGinger128MrGinger128 Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    You know this actually makes a certain amount of sense, I took a look at the Zygon episodes and she does seem to be dressed a little more like Missy than Clara.

Guess we'll see if you're right!
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    I don't personally think anything will come of it myself (could be wrong!) but can see what you're saying.

I remember when the first images of Clara with the bazooka appeared (I think in the Series 9 trailer) people began speculating that the story would involve Missy because of the likeness to her. Some went as far as to begin forming rumours that they "knew" Missy was a quasi-companion this year (that worked out! :p ).

Personally I think they just went for a notably different look for Clara so that the eventual Bonnie vs Clara scenes wouldn't be so confusing... she was deliberately made to look a bit different. But again, I've been wrong before. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't personally think anything will come of it myself (could be wrong!) but can see what you're saying.

I remember when the first images of Clara with the bazooka appeared (I think in the Series 9 trailer) people began speculating that the story would involve Missy because of the likeness to her. Some went as far as to begin forming rumours that they "knew" Missy was a quasi-companion this year (that worked out! :p ).

Personally I think they just went for a notably different look for Clara so that the eventual Bonnie vs Clara scenes wouldn't be so confusing... she was deliberately made to look a bit different. But again, I've been wrong before. :)

You're most likely right, but i'm hoping I can say "called it!" at some point, never had a theory to share before!
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think that Clara was showing a slight resemblance to Missy in the last episode? The clothing and lipstick reminded me of Missy, Maybe Missy messed with her While teleporting? Would fit the Hybrid theme.
    That's an interesting idea. The misdirection may be that up until now we've been led to think about biological hybrids - perhaps what we're looking at is more of a psychological hybrid. We've had a season dealing with Clara becoming more Doctorish, perhaps the last few episodes will deal with Clara becoming more Masterish. Missy's personality and the Doctor's mixed into a single human - it ties in nicely with the idea that Missy 'chose' Clara and has continued to show interest in her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's an interesting idea. The misdirection may be that up until now we've been led to think about biological hybrids - perhaps what we're looking at is more of a psychological hybrid. We've had a season dealing with Clara becoming more Doctorish, perhaps the last few episodes will deal with Clara becoming more Masterish. Missy's personality and the Doctor's mixed into a single human - it ties in nicely with the idea that Missy 'chose' Clara and has continued to show interest in her.

Well thank you...Is this why people end up posting thousands of times? That feeling you get when a stranger thinks you have a good idea? :P
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Well thank you...Is this why people end up posting thousands of times? That feeling you get when a stranger thinks you have a good idea? :P

No, it's more like the desperate need for someone to acknowledge your genius, dammit! That, and plain old sheer bloodymindedness.

If you've managed to get that in three posts, you're doing alright! :cool:
  • Options
    BlackTarantulaBlackTarantula Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I'd be more inclined to believe that Ashildr is some incarnation of Missy, rather than Clara. After all, Missy could have regenerated into Ashildr...
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think in part the similarity is just down to Moffat having a nanny/governess fetish.

Clara can't be Missy as she's clearly the Rani