Cheapest Contract Networks

Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
Forum Member
✭✭
Leave your cheapest Contract networks in order from the cheapest first.

I haven't had a contract so I can't comment on what would be the cheapest just now but what are yours?

Comments

• WiddyWiddy Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 120 mins and 30 texts a month for £15 on an Orange Online plan.
    You still receive a paper bill too though!
    I have a Nokia 6600.
  • steve007steve007 Posts: 1,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leave your cheapest Contract networks in order from the cheapest first.

I haven't had a contract so I can't comment on what would be the cheapest just now but what are yours?

I'm on Orange premier 700. It includes: 700 mins any net + 3mb gprs + care + itemised + free answer phone, all for £75 a month.

It might not be the cheapest. But I've sampled the cheapest on many occasions and it feels cheap, performs badly, is not secure, doesnt respond quickly to customer service enquiries and insurance is crap. I am of course talking about Three.

When I ring Orange its nice to speak to someone can understand what I mean, doesnt require an interpretor and is willing to do whatever it takes to make me a happy customer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    The cheapest is clearly 3 without question ... noone even comes close to them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on a Vodafone.

Per month I get... 100 Cross network minutes (that roll over), 100 text messages & another £6 to spend on what I want (mainly more texts, picture/video messages & Vodafone Live). All for £15 a month. They also threw in free weekend calls for the first 6 months! All this stuff roughly matches what I use and I've never paid more than £15.20

I could have paid less via 3's Cashback offers, but I generally don't like those type of offers (or 3). I could have paid a bit more with O2 online or 3 and got lots more free texts, minutes etc, but I wouldn't use them, so there wasn't much point doing that.
  • nockie3nockie3 Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But, 3 have got crap CS, crap coverage, and crap phones!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nockie3 wrote:

And i thought the topic was "cheapest contracts".. not "threebashing" - there is a thread for this btw as well.

I've left contracts for 1 month, and spent about £40 already on PAYG, so i'm going back to a contract! Probably onto the T-Mobile Plan, with 750 free texts and 100 anyone mins for 18 months for £23 / month.
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had 120mins + 60texts on Orange two years ago - cost £25p/m

About 3 years ago I had 600mins off peak + 50texts on Voadafone for £30p/m

The cheapest contract i've had so far is o2 Online (100 mins, 500 texts, £25p/m) though it isn't necessarily the best. I'd rate both Vodafone and Orange over o2 anyday :)
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got my son a 7600 on 3 for £2.99 a month with 500 cross network mins and 100 texts a month for 12 months.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nockie3 wrote:
    yawn !!!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the chimp wrote:
    Just got my son a 7600 on 3 for £2.99 a month with 500 cross network mins and 100 texts a month for 12 months.

My mate got that offer as well, except it was free line rental for 12 months. Horrible phone though.
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have 500 X/Net mins and 100 Texts a month on 3 for £4.99..... which would be great if you could use it like a normal mobile but sadly its so unreliable I have to carry another handset and only use the 3 thing to save on landline mobile charges. Even then its a chore apologising to everyone when conversations are cut off without warning. Still its cheap.... and nasty!

Old Scottish saying "You are better off with a wee drop good stuff" - Appropriate!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    I have been with 3 since apr I am very happy with them the cs are a joke but for £25 for 500 xnet I dont care I use my mobile to make calls not as an toy. 3 uses O2 Network most of the time so if 3 bad so is o2 but you pay more. the phones are getting better all the time. three are the first to use the G3 system so the phones will be bad. three are testing the system and phones for all the networks soon all uk networks will go g3 only then all the phones will be good. the phones you are useing now on G2 will be junk ths will be very soon. have any one got any dates for G2 to end.
  • steve007steve007 Posts: 1,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cstones wrote:
    I have been with 3 since apr I am very happy with them the cs are a joke but for £25 for 500 xnet I dont care I use my mobile to make calls not as an toy. 3 uses O2 Network most of the time so if 3 bad so is o2 but you pay more. the phones are getting better all the time. three are the first to use the G3 system so the phones will be bad. three are testing the system and phones for all the networks soon all uk networks will go g3 only then all the phones will be good. the phones you are useing now on G2 will be junk ths will be very soon. have any one got any dates for G2 to end.
    Many people use their phone for calls too, "not as a toy" as you put it.
    Yes 3 uses the O2 network for voice calls, but not for 3g mode. Its not integrated, which is why alot of calls drop. I was on hold the other day for 10 minutes when I finally got through to the person i needed to speak to and that was when 3 decided to drop the call!

Oh and its 2g and 3g, not g2 and g3.

All the networks have been testing 3g handsets for just as long as Three. Most wanted to wait - Orange especially wanted to test more extensively.

All the other networks will be pretty much same 3g coverage in 3-5 years. When people are given the choice of UK based customer services and intergrated network of Orange, you can be sure the discerning customer will choose Orange :D:)