Options

Doctors Today!

enterfunnynameenterfunnyname Posts: 527
Forum Member
✭✭
Did anyone see it?
I thought it was a really great episode, Can't get my head around the fact that Donna has gone!

10/10- thats rare for doctors!

Comments

• Options
    pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see it?
    I thought it was a really great episode, Can't get my head around the fact that Donna has gone!

10/10- thats rare for doctors!
    Could have done without the cat stuff, but the stuff with Donna was quite heartbreaking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping there would be a dedicated thread to today's episode! Wow!

I watch it most days as a bit of filler, but today's (minus the cat) was really emotional!

xx
  • Options
    ribe2ribe2 Posts: 906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cried - I never cry at Doctors, but I cried when Donna left and then when Michelle's dad died. One of the best episodes I've seen in a long time.
  • Options
    enterfunnynameenterfunnyname Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When of if neigbours heads of to ITV or channel 5 i hope it gets moved to 5.35 slot, after todays show, they shown that they can write! mind you the cat thing was stupid lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be given a more high profile spot as well as in the afternoon. It deserves it, sometimes it is not so good, but then all the programs are like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,123
    Forum Member
    ribe2 wrote: »
    I cried - I never cry at Doctors, but I cried when Donna left and then when Michelle's dad died. One of the best episodes I've seen in a long time.

Oh my god, so did I! I have never cried watching Doctors either before!! It was a great episode. So sad to see Donna go though and then Michelles dad died at the anniversary party- so awful and the music made it worse- it was so sad!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I didnt go much on the cat stuff but it was a good episode. Poor Michelle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    Oh crap... I missed it! I had no idea Donna was leaving, I loved her! :(

Who's replacing her?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Doctors, will really miss Donna, when she first replaced Sarah I wasn't sure but I think her character really developed well and she had a good relationship with everyone. I do wonder though if Ronnie does set up a new business whether he will take her on as his receptionist.

Also so sad about Donna's dad, her mum and dad seemed a really happy couple and still so in love. At least he died with all his family and friends around him, but still so sad, I did shed a little tear or two!

Doctors really does deserve a better slot, its very good drama, although I work every day I always record it.
  • Options
    Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    So Donna won't be coming back? Awww that's such a shame, she had really grown on me :(
    The final scenes with Michelle & her dad were heartbreaking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,123
    Forum Member
    garfie wrote: »
    I love Doctors, will really miss Donna, when she first replaced Sarah I wasn't sure but I think her character really developed well and she had a good relationship with everyone.

I didn't like her when she first arrived, but I have also grown to like her. They seem to get through a lot of receptionists in Doctors!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and Doctors too. :D
  • Options
    dan2007dan2007 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great episode today really enjoyed that mind you its been really good lately
    ithink they need a later slot
    was a very sad episode i thought
    anyidea if donna stays
  • Options
    tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donnas gone by the looks of it i went on bbc.co.uk/doctors and she is already in past characters
    wat a shame
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    garfie wrote: »
    I love Doctors, will really miss Donna, when she first replaced Sarah I wasn't sure but I think her character really developed well and she had a good relationship with everyone. I do wonder though if Ronnie does set up a new business whether he will take her on as his receptionist.

Also so sad about Donna's dad, her mum and dad seemed a really happy couple and still so in love. At least he died with all his family and friends around him, but still so sad, I did shed a little tear or two!

Doctors really does deserve a better slot, its very good drama, although I work every day I always record it.

Im hoping if the Beeb loose Neighbours, then they will put Doctors in its old slot, showing it at the existing time now and then again at 5.35. If it gets really popular then they could put a first look episode on BBC3 as was planned with Neighbours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh poo!!

I missed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    I had a tear in my eye when Donna was saying nice things about the Doctors and Julia. :cry:

A bit off topic but when she said about her not liking Jimmi when he first started, I'd forgot he was there first and was pally with the last receptionist. Then it got me thinking. Who was the receptionist before Donna??? I had totally forgot :o:confused::o

So I went onto the Doctors website and it reminded me it was Sarah :o I started looking at the past characters and things. I noticed Dr Jude Carlyle (Natalie Robb) doesn't have a charater bio!! Just wondered why. Even Elizabeth, Nathan and Tasha have one and they were only in it for about 6 months!
  • Options
    go57ukgo57uk Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was glad to see the back of Donna but watching Michelle with her dad was really emotional. Just wished someone had turned the music off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    go57uk wrote: »
    Just wished someone had turned the music off.
    That only happens in Eastenders. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victoria19 wrote: »
    I didn't like her when she first arrived, but I have also grown to like her. They seem to get through a lot of receptionists in Doctors!

I was the same, but Donna was quite good in the end (I'm going to miss that Brummie accent). Was hoping they would decide to let her come back, but having seen she is already included in the past characters list, it doesn't look like it :( Would be nice if they'd bring Sarah back :)

The cat story was really poor - quite a contrast to the very good one yesterday about the lad and his dad who had murdered an employee. I think it had so much potential to be developed further - when the father disappeared into the background, I was expecting him to come back with a gun and hold Jimmi hostage - ok, it's daytime tv, but was such an anti climax to a very good storyline the way it ended :(
  • Options
    circling girlcircling girl Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Bring back Sarah!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Sarah!

Yes! :)

Took me a while to recognise Andrea (who played Sarah) - I remember her from Citv :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I'm off work this week and tuned into doctors only to find donna gone. can someone tell me what happened? obviously michelle's dad died but how/why did donna leave?

like many others on this thread i didn't like her at first but she's really grown on me. this new vivian woman looks like a nightmare. i'd love to see sarah back but can't imagine she's going to trade in her glam life in brazil for a stint behind the reception desk in letherbridge!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Donna gave a patients notes to the patients ex-partner to help him get custody of his son. This was the boy who was bullying Donnas son.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Donna's GONE! Is she the blonde receptionist? If she is i am really gutted. I liked her. I LOVE being off school, cos i get to watch Doctors and I've become quite the fan. I just thought the new crabby old receptionist was just one they were employing becausethe work load was too much or to cover Donnna being away on holiday.

I am really gutted.