Matt Baker & Aliona Vilani Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive chatted with quite a few Matt fans via Twitter and everyone is in mourning that we wont see him dance again. Ive never felt so sad about missing a dancer on the show.

That's pretty much how I feel. My only consolation is that we will be seeing him on the telly a lot from the New Year - it will help soften the blow. I would be really feeling down in the dumps if he were to disappear completely now, in that respect I can understand the fears of Kara fans who must be wondering what the future will hold for her.

I've enjoyed the hell out of him this year, I think he's been simply wonderful throughout all the highs and lows that we've seen, and by far one of the best contestants that Strictly has had, and not only in dancing terms. In many ways, I'll be missing him more than seeing him dance, if that makes sense.

NB Please note that I'm still here posting and not remotely wrapping presents as I should be. Dear me.

BTW, just one final comment about the Tango. The other thing that made it for me was the atmosphere in the room, it was electric. Everyone sitting there was willing him to do incredibly well and they were right with them on the dance floor. As you said, had the judges been negative after that performance, they would have been lynched!
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VWgirl wrote: »
    That's pretty much how I feel. My only consolation is that we will be seeing him on the telly a lot from the New Year - it will help soften the blow.

Yep CountryFile,TOS Matt has a busy new year coming up :) I would love to see Matt in the west end one day The reviews from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang make me what it more because it sounds amazing :):D
  • GeorgousgeorgeGeorgousgeorge Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deisegirl wrote: »
    Do you live in Dublin Strictly_Irish? I've only been to the O2 once, but I think there's a posh enough hotel near it so that might be where they'll be staying......ideas forming ....:D

Went to the Professionals Tour last year and met Matthew Cutler and the rest of them walking down from the 02. Got a lovely photo with him . I think they were staying in the Clarion Hotel (or maybe they were having lunch!!!!) but they were all going in there. Might be a good place to catch a glimpse!!!

Im going on 30th Jan. Yahoo!!!
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brr drivin home for christmas. Well im not drivin obviously. Grr neverending Christmas muzak on radio. Would like to make my own playlist please - Aint no Mountain High Enough, That Plan B song, Dreaming of You, etc etc ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GG thanks for the tip!:) cant remember what date I had my beady eye on....:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it when I decide to actually wrap presents, I've suddenly misplaced the sellotape?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sellotape is one of those things that always goes missing. It is one of the primary laws of physics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sellotape is one of those things that always goes missing. It is one of the primary laws of physics.

Would I be better off with sticky-back plastic? ;)

Teaspoons and socks fall under the same law, by the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VWgirl wrote: »
    Would I be better off with sticky-back plastic? ;)

:D I bet Matt has a laminated list with things like where the sellotape is ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D I bet Matt has a laminated list with things like where the sellotape is ;):D

Maybe he used my sellotape to laminate his list! Thieving bastard.

[Seriously? That word got through the swear-gates on here?]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought these little clips that you use to match pairs of socks when you put them in the laundry basket . Would work a lot better if my other half would use them but what-ev-er my socks stay matched! No hope for teaspoons though :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought these little clips that you use to match pairs of socks when you put them in the laundry basket . Would work a lot better if my other half would use them but what-ev-er my socks stay matched! No hope for teaspoons though :(

That sounds like something Nicola and Matt would have as well. And a tea-spoon hanger, so you can immediate identify when one had made a break for freedom.

ooh eek, major coach crash not far from me going on. Hope everyone will be ok. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I aspire to great levels of organisation but usually fall far short. On motorway now. Car skidded just before it. Had a lucky escape at home when i slipped on hall floor and went flying on my back. First time ive fallen all through this horrible weather. People who are students/teachers wish for this kind of weather need a right root up the hole-its so destructive and dangerous :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meant to say people who are NOT students and teachers. Obviously people involved in schools love this weather...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meant to say people who are NOT students and teachers. Obviously people involved in schools love this weather...

Sorry, just nipped down to Tring and got my sellotape back! Wrapping underway.

And to accompany me, all M&A's dances in succession without bitter lemons or the tesspit getting in the way:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSGFbkNkJUg
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMqH6bYipSc

Coach crash update: Lots very hurt :( but no fatalities that we know of. Cold, Icy weather sucks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thats good there was no fatalities at least. Sorry i cant format properly on phone so straight onto something flippant. Have all dances on my MP4 player so I can watch anytime I am bored over Christmas - which will be often I wager! Ps did you smack the naughty sellotape thief's bottom? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thats good there was no fatalities at least. Sorry i cant format properly on phone so straight onto something flippant. Have all dances on my MP4 player so I can watch anytime I am bored over Christmas - which will be often I wager! Ps did you smack the naughty sellotape thief's bottom? :D

I did better than that, but I'll keep it to myself.

:D

Given up on the wrapping now, watching Mary Poppins. I still think Matt would be great in the Bert role one day -just imagine those acrobatics in Step in Time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    holly_oa wrote: »

It could have been worse Scott was saying that Matt came across as arrogant :rolleyes: when actually most people that i know found Scott to be the arrogant one :p and anyway all scott was talking about was his idea of the publics view he said that he thought Matt was a lovely guy :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott is such a jelluz hatah! To be fair it was only a throwaway line that got made into the headline of that august pulication but it was a bit naive of him to say something like that....it was always going to get pounced on. I thought Scott came across better than I thought he would at the start of the series, but I was well sick of the sight of him by the end of the series...not only due to his transformation into even (more of) a chimp man, and also his wooden dancing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only in the door an hour and I've already had an argument with my dad over something stupid, huzzah, it's CHRRIIIIIIIISTTTTTTTMMMMMASSSS!!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Sorry, not been around much today - busy decorating the Christmas cake.

By the way, if anyone wants to track Santa's progress - and make sure he's heading for where you live - you can do so at http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Latest tweet from Matt ...
    Horray all prezzie shopping done, now spending Christmas eve like Eminem, wrapping until the early hours.... have a good one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Latest tweet from Matt ...

Hahaha!!! "wrapping until the early hours" :D that's made my day!
  • PiggywigPiggywig Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw what he did there!! :D:D
This discussion has been closed.