Options

Why does Ian have good looking kids?

FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
Forum Member
It doesn't make sense to me to be honest. I know the casting directors like to cast good looking actors, but come on, we need to be a little realistic.

Comments

• Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian was good looking in his youth and Cindy was too. Also kids are always better looking than their parents.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Ian's not that bad. He's not George Clooney but he is pleasant enough looking. Don't forget his mother was very good looking as was Cindy so not unbelievable his kids should be attractive.

Cindy Junior is the real beauty of course but both her parents were very handsome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Ian was good looking in his youth and Cindy was too. Also kids are always better looking than their parents.

Exactly. I actually think Ian was quite attractive in his twenties and early thirties. It was more his personality that put people off rather than the looks.

Also, peter is handsome but a lot of it is the body which can be worked on in the Gym rather than relying on what God gave you.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit harsh! Ian's mother was a beauty and so was Cindy.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final Lucy actress is very attractive. The previous one resembled Jimmy Carr facially.

Besides Cindy Sr was a good looking woman so perhaps from a fictional perspective the Beale kids inherited her looks.

Also, their grandma Kathy from Ian's side is quite attractive.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Bit harsh! Ian's mother was a beauty and so was Cindy.

Surely they would have some of Ian's attributes (obviously they are characters, but genetics are taken into mind when casting, right?). Peter and Lucy look very convincing as twins and Cindy looks very convincing as their mother, but you look at Ian and I just wonder if Cindy was having an affair! :D:D

Bobby on the other hand... well, I think he was swapped at birth.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam Woodyatt is handsome in an odd kind of way. a cute smile.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Cindy was a looker !
    i could imagine her having a son like that sexy ****er peter
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Surely they would have some of Ian's attributes (obviously they are characters, but genetics are taken into mind when casting, right?). Peter and Lucy look very convincing as twins and Cindy looks very convincing as their mother, but you look at Ian and I just wonder if Cindy was having an affair! :D:D

Bobby on the other hand... well, I think he was swapped at birth.

Its more realistic than the Branning brothers! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »

I agree with this.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »

I agree and I think he's improved with age as a lot of men do - I'm close to him in age so I can say that LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with this.

Yes me too.

He's carrying some weight as he's got older but basically he is not an ugly man.

It is, as i say, more ian's personality that is meant to put people off than his looks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andybear wrote: »
    I agree and I think he's improved with age as a lot of men do - I'm close to him in age so I can say that LOL

Yes i'm also close to him in age and always thought he was a perfectly attractive boy then man in a 'normal' way. He's not 'sharp intake of breath' handsome which arguably David was but better than average. C+ or B- shall we say.

I think the other thing is Adam is willing to really use his face to convey emotions and people don't tend to look their best then.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Ian's not that bad. He's not George Clooney but he is pleasant enough looking. Don't forget his mother was very good looking as was Cindy so not unbelievable his kids should be attractive.

Cindy Junior is the real beauty of course but both her parents were very handsome.

Yeah, she's extremely striking when she's all done up. She looked absolutely beautiful in the Brutal truths episode. It'll be interesting to see what she looks like when she reaches her twenties.
  • Options
    Fallon9Fallon9 Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the first episode on the red button and I thought he looked sort of cute in a geeky way. With an attractive wife I don't think it would be unrealistic for him to have good looking children.

The implausible one is Shirley producing a son as beautiful as Dean.

I agree that Cindy will be an absolute knock out when she's a little older.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fallon9 wrote: »
    I watched the first episode on the red button and I thought he looked sort of cute in a geeky way. With an attractive wife I don't think it would be unrealistic for him to have good looking children.

The implausible one is Shirley producing a son as beautiful as Dean.

I agree that Cindy will be an absolute knock out when she's a little older.

I always said that the men shirley had her kids with must have been real lookers as Mick, Carly and especially Dean are all well above average lookswise.

That said, Shirley is actually quite good looking, just also hard looking and Carly certainly has the same type of looks. Carly is in many ways a much prettier version of Shirley, they are believable as mother dna daughter I think.

ETA - i remember my Mum commenting that Nancy was quite good casting for Shirley's niece as well - again a better looking version of a similar 'type'.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all from Cindy Senior :D Lucy was very attractive, Peter and Steven fairly good looking blokes. Cindy Junior is getting hotter by the episode :blush::D
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy and Peter are better looking than Cindy Jr

No they are not. My parants are much better looking than me, I'm ugly!
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, right stunner
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ian_Beale_1985.jpg
  • Options
    Steph_CuckowSteph_Cuckow Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »

That younger Ian Beale has a close resemblance to the old Peter Thomas Law
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Also kids are always better looking than their parents.

Not true at all, you can't really make such a blanket statement. Some are, some aren't. One of the least physically attractive people I know (who is a lovely and terrific person in many other ways) had incredibly good looking parents, for example.
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    That younger Ian Beale has a close resemblance to the old Peter Thomas Law
    Except Thomas Law didn't look like a lemon with a pudding bowl on top of it
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ian is good looking hes just not aged well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    In fairness to Ian/Adam Woodyatt he has a lovely smile!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    srhgts wrote: »
    Not true at all, you can't really make such a blanket statement. Some are, some aren't. One of the least physically attractive people I know (who is a lovely and terrific person in many other ways) had incredibly good looking parents, for example.

Of course you can't make blanket statements and it is possibly becoming less true as decades wear on.

However, i do think that social aspects like improved diets, access to good dentistry, make up products, even well fitting clothes does mean that younger people can make the best of themselves.

As i say, not sure it would make a difference to people of Ian and Peter's generations but those a generation above me (born in 30s and brought up during the War and rationing) or older just didn't have access to a lot of things we take for granted now so couldn't improve on their 'raw materials'. .