Just nice chat

Comments

• konyakonya Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    sandy50 wrote: »
    It is brave to post such an off topic unrelated post like that,
    and i'm sure they are insinuating a closed thread as that was the inference to me, but i've no idea other than that, just a guess - that's how I read it anyway, but no idea about anything else in the post , that's why I said it was a brave post.
    I wouldn't read too much into it personally.^_^

Yeah I thought it made no sense at first but after thinking about it, it made some sense.
    Forum Member
    No.
    I didn't even post the post you're on about
    - ask them !

What? :confused:

You couldn't grasp the >:( wasn't for you so I have given you an example to try to explain to you.
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Just to let all other posters know, there is no such thing as off topic posts in here ;)
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konya wrote: »
    What? :confused:

You couldn't grasp the >:( wasn't for you so I have given you an example to try to explain to you.

Ok then
    No - I didn't grasp it and it did need explaining- it wasn't clear.
    Forum Member
    Ok then
    No - I didn't grasp it and it did need explaining- it wasn't clear.

Cool. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    Just to let all other posters know, there is no such thing as off topic posts in here ;)
    I was referring to 'off topic' with reference to that post that appeared that was totally unrelated to those that were posted before and after it, re: food and cooking - I did not mean off topic posts generally. Obviously. Can't anyone post anything without nitpicking ! A be-nice thread ...................^_^
    Off to make lasagne..........:cool::p
  • CharmingLynxCharmingLynx Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Gyms aren't just for people who want to lose weight! :) I'm naturally thin but I exercise to make myself stronger, stay fit and flexible, and because I really enjoy it! :) I realise that not everyone gets an endorphin rush from exercise though- I know lots of people who go to the gym but struggle to find motivation to keep it up.

Before I started training very regularly (in my mid-20s, I'm 35 now) I was naturally slim, but had hardly any muscle, and I also used to suffer from mood swings when I was younger. But exercise was wonderful for me because as well as getting a stronger and more attractive body (I like to have a bit of muscle!) the exercise released a lot of pent-up frustration, and I stopped having mood swings! :) So I became healthier in mind as well as in my body. Also I find that setting goals for myself (eg. increasing my running speed or endurance or muscle strength) and then achieving them makes me feel more confident. So exercise is something I would recommend to anyone, not just for people who are trying to lose weight. The benefits go way beyond the physical. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gyms aren't just for people who want to lose weight! :)I'm naturally thin but I exercise to make myself stronger, stay fit and flexible, and because I really enjoy it! :) I realise that not everyone gets an endorphin rush from exercise though- I know lots of people who go to the gym but struggle to find motivation to keep it up.

Before I started training very regularly (in my mid-20s, I'm 35 now) I was naturally slim, but had hardly any muscle, and I also used to suffer from mood swings when I was younger. But exercise was wonderful for me because as well as getting a stronger and more attractive body (I like to have a bit of muscle!) the exercise released a lot of pent-up frustration, and I stopped having mood swings! :) So I became healthier in mind as well as in my body. Also I find that setting goals for myself (eg. increasing my running speed or endurance or muscle strength) and then achieving them makes me feel more confident. So exercise is something I would recommend to anyone, not just for people who are trying to lose weight. The benefits go way beyond the physical. :)

This is true - all shapes and sizes go to the gym for the benefits - but I was referring to going to the gym as a general comment - the point being that I view it as a nightmare, and that environment is not for everyone. I prefer walking, cycling, tennis, and outdoor activity !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey ! Attack in Tescos store in Mold ,Flintshire yesterday afternoon ! (North Wales)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2911262/Horror-Tesco-shoppers-flee-man-wielding-machete-hammer-storms-aisles-shouting-white-power-tries-kill-24-year-old.html

A man wielding a machete allegedly attacked a 24-year-old shopper after storming the aisles of a Tesco supermarket in what appeared to be a racially-motivated assault.

Shoppers were forced to flee the store in Mold, Flintshire , yesterday afternoon, when the man entered carrying a machete in one hand and a hammer in the other, according to witnesses.

He was said to be shouting 'white power' before allegedly targeting the victim near the entrance to the shop. The victim suffered serious injuries and was taken to hospital.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And in other news: Katie Price is going into Big Brother
    Oh that will please Katie Hopkins........expect fireworks and Perez finding a new friend !
    Forum Member
    Anyway, what's everyone having for dinner tonight?

I've made french onion soup and a chicken casserole is in the slow cooker, we can take our pick.

Either one will take even better tomorrow :)
    Forum Member
    Crikey ! Attack in Tescos store in Mold ,Flintshire yesterday afternoon ! (North Wales)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2911262/Horror-Tesco-shoppers-flee-man-wielding-machete-hammer-storms-aisles-shouting-white-power-tries-kill-24-year-old.html

A man wielding a machete allegedly attacked a 24-year-old shopper after storming the aisles of a Tesco supermarket in what appeared to be a racially-motivated assault.

Shoppers were forced to flee the store in Mold, Flintshire , yesterday afternoon, when the man entered carrying a machete in one hand and a hammer in the other, according to witnesses.

He was said to be shouting 'white power' before allegedly targeting the victim near the entrance to the shop. The victim suffered serious injuries and was taken to hospital.

Oh my God :(

What has this world come to
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've made french onion soup and a chicken casserole is in the slow cooker, we can take our pick.

Fish & chips!

I love French onion soup but always end up burning my mouth cos I'm too greedy to let it cool down - when my chap makes it (he does most of our cooking) he always makes cheese croutons to go with it mmmmmm lovely!
    Forum Member

I froze some turkey will make a stew with that next week I guess.

Gammon tonight with roast potatoes etc
  • bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member

On my own tonight, so just doing a warm salad. :)
    Forum Member
    Fish & chips!

I love French onion soup but always end up burning my mouth cos I'm too greedy to let it cool down - when my chap makes it (he does most of our cooking) he always makes cheese croutons to go with it mmmmmm lovely!

Cheese croutons *Drool
    Forum Member
    bookcover wrote: »
    On my own tonight, so just doing a warm salad. :)

Meh, sounds crap :D:D

Wuv wu x
    Forum Member
    Fish & chips!

Hi Lou, love fish and chips!

For the soup, I slice a baguette, coat the slices with olive oil and toast in the oven then rub wil each slice with a clove of garlic, top them with cheese, place on top of the hot soup and whack under the grill.......yum!
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Lou, love fish and chips!

For the soup, I slice a baguette, coat the slices with olive oil and toast in the oven then rub wil each slice with a clove of garlic, top them with cheese, place on top of the hot soup and whack under the grill.......yum!

Errrrrr, are you sure you're not the chap I'll be going home to???? :p that's exactly how he does it!!!!!! :)
    Forum Member
    Errrrrr, are you sure you're not the chap I'll be going home to???? :p that's exactly how he does it!!!!!! :)

That's how it should be done Lou ;-)

Has he ever cooked ham in coke?
  • bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's how it should be done Lou ;-)

Has he ever cooked ham in coke?

:o

Are you lot all on drugs???

What's the ham like? :o

:p:p:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fish & chips!

Fish 'n chips.

One of my favourite meals.

:cool:
    Forum Member
    bootyache wrote: »
    :o

Are you lot all on drugs???

What's the ham like? :o

:p:p:D:D

Just tasted it, it's wonderful! Just rubbed it in wholegrain mustard (not doing honey) and popped it in the oven to finish with the potatoes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gyms aren't just for people who want to lose weight! :) I'm naturally thin but I exercise to make myself stronger, stay fit and flexible, and because I really enjoy it! :) I realise that not everyone gets an endorphin rush from exercise though- I know lots of people who go to the gym but struggle to find motivation to keep it up.

Hey Charming. :)

Exercise is great.

My daughter has a brill exercise bike. Got all the gadgets and can set it up at home just like in the gym.

My children are very sporty anyway and always have been. They love the gym too. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konya wrote: »
    Just tasted it, it's wonderful! Just rubbed it in wholegrain mustard (not doing honey) and popped it in the oven to finish with the potatoes.

Lovely jubbly.

But I don't eat meat.

I bet my Hubby would love it though. ;-)