• Options
    Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    What a relief
  • Options
    peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    still worried for her though as she was one of the only ones who did well tonight so may not get as many votes , people might just 'assume' she is safe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely the best solo and the best in the trio, I'm voting for her tonight. Visually she has always been my Nancy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh yes Sam was defo the best out the group performance without a doubt
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam was terrific tonight. She's definitely a strong contender. She one of my faves, along with Rachel and Jessie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,818
    Forum Member
    Sam's my 2nd fave behind Niamh.

Each week she's shone and she was deffo the best tonight

And her and Niamh deffo proved their strength above Jessie in the trio- they can sing aand dance at the same time... Jessie was out of breath

Well done to Sam tonight tho! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie was really sunk tonight on all fronts. Her song was woeful and her movements across stage were elephantine. Sam and Niamh both showed her up for the amateur she is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    She's great, love her performances, so talented whether she wins this or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope she's safe, I think she's safe but you never know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samantha is fantastic!!! I really hope she wins!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    desmagee88 wrote: »
    Jessie was really sunk tonight on all fronts. Her song was woeful and her movements across stage were elephantine. Sam and Niamh both showed her up for the amateur she is.

Aww that's a bit mean! I do prefer Sam and Niamh by a country mile, but Jessie did have a rough time on her solo number so that must have been playing on her mind when she came back to do the group number. Also, Sam's dancing would make most people look pretty average in comparison ;)

Anyway, I thought Sam was totally fab tonight - one of her best definitely and in a league of her own, I thought :cool:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sam is my close favourite next to Niamh, I've only recently warmed to her but I think she's great :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam is now my favourite since Sarah went out. I think she is very talented and has been consistant despite having some of the more difficult songs to sing in the competition. She is a great dancer and will have an exceptional voice with a bit of training

I don't think she's really ready for Nancy atm but I'd still like to see her win if ALW thinks she can be trained up in time

For me she is the a star in the making and very much the best of the remaining contestants
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Hot_Topics wrote: »
    Aww that's a bit mean! I do prefer Sam and Niamh by a country mile, but Jessie did have a rough time on her solo number so that must have been playing on her mind when she came back to do the group number. Also, Sam's dancing would make most people look pretty average in comparison ;)

Anyway, I thought Sam was totally fab tonight - one of her best definitely and in a league of her own, I thought :cool:

Yes, no bashing the other contestants. There are plenty of mean threads, this is a Sam love thread. :)

And I agree, Sam was far and away the best tonight. Odd song choice but she made it work great and won over that tempermental pannel!

I agree with Barry when he said she's a prodigy.

Tortue, I totally agree with your comments too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tortue wrote: »
    I think she is very talented and has been consistant despite having some of the more difficult songs to sing in the competition. She is a great dancer and will have an exceptional voice with a bit of training

I don't think she's really ready for Nancy atm but I'd still like to see her win if ALW thinks she can be trained up in time

For me she is the a star in the making and very much the best of the remaining contestants

I couldn't agree more. She has certainly not had an easy ride throughout this competition in terms of song choices - she's had some really tricky ones but has always taken the challenge and 'gone' for it.

Last night's song was just as difficult. As my mum commented (go her!), it's normally sung by 3 girls who can share all those very fast paced lyrics between them, whereas Sam had to do the whole lot on her own. On that basis alone she handled it brilliantly.

I also thought she came over really well in the VT - she's still not remotely arrogant about the position she's in. Good for her :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now backing Sam to win, I want Niamh to do it but I think she'll be out soon so may as well go for someone who I think has a better chance (not that Niamh isn't amazing, she just seems to be lacking public support. Anyway this isn't the Niamh appreciation thread so I'll be quiet :o) I really think Sam stands out as the best dancer in the competition now, and I really like her voice. She used to drive me made but now I've warmed to her so much. She was my favourite at the start of the competition but then she seemed to turn into this 'shouter' and I didn't get anything from her. But now I feel she's started to actually sing and I like that. One other thing, we've had angry, sad and sexy from Samantha, so next week I'd like her to have a song with some warmth!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've been backing Sam since the start- obviously been backing Niamh first cos shes my fave but Sam's my close 2nd

Really hope she does well in the competition, and if not, gets something else

Although, Jessie said last night she was everyone's competition, but I don't think so. I think Sam's everyone's competition and is the dark horse. She's fast coming up the lane and I can see her turning round and winning it. and fair play to her. She deserves it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xxlouxx wrote: »
    I've been backing Sam since the start- obviously been backing Niamh first cos shes my fave but Sam's my close 2nd

Really hope she does well in the competition, and if not, gets something else

Although, Jessie said last night she was everyone's competition, but I don't think so. I think Sam's everyone's competition and is the dark horse. She's fast coming up the lane and I can see her turning round and winning it. and fair play to her. She deserves it :D

I think she's been a bit of a dark horse since the competition started so I hope your right and we see her on Jessie and Jodie's tails.
    Holly Oaks wrote: »
    I'm now backing Sam to win, I want Niamh to do it but I think she'll be out soon so may as well go for someone who I think has a better chance (not that Niamh isn't amazing, she just seems to be lacking public support. Anyway this isn't the Niamh appreciation thread so I'll be quiet :o) I really think Sam stands out as the best dancer in the competition now, and I really like her voice. She used to drive me made but now I've warmed to her so much. She was my favourite at the start of the competition but then she seemed to turn into this 'shouter' and I didn't get anything from her. But now I feel she's started to actually sing and I like that. One other thing, we've had angry, sad and sexy from Samantha, so next week I'd like her to have a song with some warmth!

I agree i'd like to see her do something more sweet and softer next week. I hope we get to see her with the Olivers next week too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    She was so great in the trio. Definitely the best dancer in the competition :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    o and yay Sam is safe for another week, glad ALW said she should out in that group performance in the results show :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hot_Topics wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more. She has certainly not had an easy ride throughout this competition in terms of song choices - she's had some really tricky ones but has always taken the challenge and 'gone' for it.

Last night's song was just as difficult. As my mum commented (go her!), it's normally sung by 3 girls who can share all those very fast paced lyrics between them, whereas Sam had to do the whole lot on her own. On that basis alone she handled it brilliantly.

I also thought she came over really well in the VT - she's still not remotely arrogant about the position she's in. Good for her :)

I know she's a gorgeous girl with a great deal of talent, is doing very well in an important competition and yet no arrogance whatsoever. She's lovely :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My friend met her at Aldwych (not familiar with it) why oh why did I not go with her! Anyway she said she thought she'd scared Sam to death when she ran up to her on the street. She told her how great she was and Sam looked very smiley and was very sweet.

So thankful she made it through this week although having ALW support her seems to be doing her no favours on here!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aww your friend is lucky :) yeh whenever we see Sam on the show, shes always happy/smiling and genuinely looks like she is having a great time

i know, the more praise she gets, the more negative things are said about her on here :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    My friend met her at Aldwych (not familiar with it) why oh why did I not go with her! Anyway she said she thought she'd scared Sam to death when she ran up to her on the street. She told her how great she was and Sam looked very smiley and was very sweet.

So thankful she made it through this week although having ALW support her seems to be doing her no favours on here!

:eek:

Isn't Aldwych the Dirty Dancing theatre? I'm almost certain it is, I was there last year.

O wow! That must've been awesome.

I wrote to Niamh via the Nancy address, might scribble something to Sam too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aww your friend is lucky :) yeh whenever we see Sam on the show, shes always happy/smiling and genuinely looks like she is having a great time

i know, the more praise she gets, the more negative things are said about her on here :(

people are jealous of her. ;)

poor Niamh gets trashed left right and centre on this forum! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.