12345679»

Comments

• Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Their Skin
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Really liked it. Sort of reminded me of The Strangers a bit, which I also liked.

It reminded me of that too. I did find it a little predictable, and I would have liked more twists or intrigue as
    once you know the neighbours are nutcases, it's just a case of whether they manage to kill the Hughs family or not, and I found my attention wandering as it lost my interest once I realised nothing else was going to happen. The storyline could have been developed a bit more.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    If you fancy light horror/ suspense, in other words not a complete gore fest and scripted intelligently, then give 'The Last Days On Mars' a shot. Yes, it's obviously a Martian setting, but the movie is about trying to survive against something rather nasty and credible. No rubber monsters. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched ...... and soon the darkness which I thought was quite good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1391034/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_11
  • Options
    sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    King of the Ants - really cool horror/revenge flick mixed with Elephant Man from B movie legend Stuart Gordon of Re animator fame, well worth a look
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Sorority Row..which is on tonight at 10.45 on film 4...if anyone interested
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are the best horror movies based on a lake?

I remember watching one in the 90s and I totally forgot it, so would be nice to see if I can find it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^ Black Water is good..based on true events, Australian film
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    What are the best horror movies based on a lake?

I remember watching one in the 90s and I totally forgot it, so would be nice to see if I can find it.

Lake Mungo (2008) - which is more of a Gothic mockumentary than a straightforward horror mockumentary. It's not the best, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I bought a film called In Fear the other day.

Trailer

Always weary when I buy a film I've never heard anything about, I don't normally do that. But with this film I'm happy I did.

It's simple, but the whole thing about driving down small roads at night, in what seems like a maze, is quite effective. Some tense moments.

I think it's worth a watch.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Afflicted (2013) today. Very impressive found footage movie. Honestly don't know how they pulled off some of the stuff in it.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I bought a film called In Fear the other day.

Trailer

Always weary when I buy a film I've never heard anything about, I don't normally do that. But with this film I'm happy I did.

It's simple, but the whole thing about driving down small roads at night, in what seems like a maze, is quite effective. Some tense moments.

I think it's worth a watch.

Yes it's very well done and worth a look. Unfortunately i found the characters very grating but the ending sure stays with you! Elevates the film.

I've heard that Oculus which is in cinemas now is pretty good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched any latest horror films for ages..I think i might be scared now for some reason..i think it might be cos i not seen any for a bit, and the anticipation of thrills , gore, blood etc and all that is rather scary :o..i have got The Entity to watch but scared as its a chiller of a film..i seen it before though
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one for you that is a dead cert, surprised nobody else has mentioned it.

Repulsion.
  • Options
    nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it's very well done and worth a look. Unfortunately i found the characters very grating but the ending sure stays with you! Elevates the film.

I've heard that Oculus which is in cinemas now is pretty good.

Oculus is certainly worth a watch, doesn't really rely on Jumps its more a psychological film :)
  • Options
    sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Watched Afflicted (2013) today. Very impressive found footage movie. Honestly don't know how they pulled off some of the stuff in it.

Watched it last night, aside from some subpar acting in spots very good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im watching Offspring later , it's similar to The Woman film, ( gory and cannibalistic :D), so will comment on it after :o--got it in poundland
  • Options
    Summer DeepSummer Deep Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Can't find any reference in this thread to one of the few horror films that has ever made me feel apprehensive at certain points, and this is a 1964 Hammer release:

The Gorgon
  • Options
    Summer DeepSummer Deep Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Curse of The Demon 1957

Didn't know what you meant by this, until I checked it out and realized it was the same as the film I've always known as "Night of the Demon"!

Excellent film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i see on Amazon that Wrong Turn 6 is out in October..I seen them all apart from the 5th one
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I haven't watched any latest horror films for ages..I think i might be scared now for some reason..i think it might be cos i not seen any for a bit, and the anticipation of thrills , gore, blood etc and all that is rather scary :o..i have got The Entity to watch but scared as its a chiller of a film..i seen it before though

I don't scare easily with horror films but The Entity does for me ! :o
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    UltraViolet has given some good examples.
    I like films for different reasons.
    Watching young, what scared me? The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Zombie Flesh Eaters, City Of The Living Dead, A Nightmare On Elm Street, The Evil Dead, The Thing. These were the type of horror introduced by VHS! Others not so much Horror but great films
    Now I would say still give credit to above because they stick with me.
    Now todays horror would have to be
    Saw (first one only)
    Hostel(first one only)
    Seven
    The Wicker Man (only seen it in last 10 years)-ORIGINAL
    Martyrs
    Mum And Dad
    The Loved Ones

None of this Human Centipede rubbish!
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched The Battery. Pretty good Zombie flick.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Sorority Row..which is on tonight at 10.45 on film 4...if anyone interested

Oh God that's awful, lol! :D
  • Options
    BanziBabyBanziBaby Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Always been a big horror fan & still have a lot of the so called video nasties.

The French had some good ones.

Switchblade Romance (Haute Tension)
    Martyrs
    Frontiers
    Inside

Also love the Lucio Fulci zombie movies Zombie Flesheaters, The Beyond & City Of The Living Dead, they might look cheap & gory but I always found them very atmospheric.