Options

Will One direction crack America?

Comments

• Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Politiks wrote: »
    Is it ok for me to admit that even though I loathed them on the XF at the time, since they released What Makes You Beautiful I have not only come to quite love them but also fancy the f*ck out of Zayn? I'm quite sure that's not ok. I am ashamed.

:o:o:o

It is so very ok.:)
    Some of the early posts on here are hilarity incarnate.

And especially:

A month or so to go then...:D

Very funny aren't they??:D
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Politiks wrote: »
    Is it ok for me to admit that even though I loathed them on the XF at the time, since they released What Makes You Beautiful I have not only come to quite love them but also fancy the f*ck out of Zayn? I'm quite sure that's not ok. I am ashamed.

:o:o:o

Noo!! zayn is mine!! choose another boy, lolz!!:D:p:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boys are #1 on the USA Digital Sales chart this week with a debut of 341,000 sold!

Still waiting to hear how they placed on the Hot 100.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    Noo!! zayn is mine!! choose another boy, lolz!!:D:p:p

Nooooooo! Leave off! He's mine!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D :p:p:p :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LWWY with 341 000 Downloads Is Fastest Selling Single by a Non-US Group!!:eek::cool::cool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/19907734

#1 Digital Charts:)

#3 Billboard Hot 100:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lolz!!:D

"One Direction lads have fans fizzing with excitement in Pepsi ad":eek::p

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/194372-one-direction-lads-have-fans-fizzing-with-excitement-in-pepsi-ad/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LWWY with 341 000 Downloads Is Fastest Selling Single by a Non-US Group!!:eek::cool::cool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/19907734

#1 Digital Charts:)

#3 Billboard Hot 100:D

Nominated for 3 American Music Awards.:D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The boys will be performing on The Today show on Nov 20/21st. HUGE!!!

They will also end the year with the Sold out concert at Madison Square Garden. Doesn't get any bigger.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a-ha!!

boys announce european tour dates and mexico show for 2013 to add to their UK-ireland-USA arena tour dates!!:D:cool:

http://www.contactmusic.com/press/one-direction-announce-highly-anticipated-european-tour-dates-and-mexico-show-in-2013
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellen's recent tweet!!:p:cool:

Ellen DeGeneres ‏@TheEllenShow
    Niall, Zayn, Liam, Harry and Louis are in One Direction all right, and that direction is straight to my show. #1DonEllen

cool!!:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the boys just arrived in LAX!! x factor USA tomorrow and recording with ellen the next day...

Let the Good Times Roll!!:D:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm Yes?

Is this an old thread :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Erm Yes?

Is this an old thread :confused:

erm yes... now chronicling the boys' adventures across the shores...;):p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member

And also reminding us how wrong some people turned out to be! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

erm... EXACTLY!! LoLz!!;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah ok good I'm not losing my mind then :D

I love One D, glad they are doing well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great news!!:cool::cool:

ArtyAttack wrote: »
    In America Up All Night DVD makes boyband history this week with a 20th week at the top of Music video charts and is now in a tie with New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys for the longest run at the top by a boyband.
    Also the boys are the only act that are listed in the top 10 on the year to date in the album,song and music video charts. Album at #3, WMYB at #7 and the concert DVD at #2 behind Adele at the RAH.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly the standard of music has deteriorated over the last 5 - 10 years IMO.

And unfortunately I reckon it is the bland non-descript music that bands like 1D put out that is the problem - whether they are famous or not. I reckon people need to syringe their ears out and listen to music made 20-30 years ago - I reckon they will notice the slide in quality.
  • Options
    QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ......I keep thinking this thread says "Will Young to Crack America" every single time I bloody see it! /random

As you were. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »

And unfortunately I reckon it is the bland non-descript music that bands like 1D put out that is the problem - whether they are famous or not. I reckon people need to syringe their ears out and listen to music made 20-30 years ago - I reckon they will notice the slide in quality.

i reckon you need the syringing remedy you are prescribing as much as anybody.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I listened to music made 20-30 years ago and know the quality. I just think maybe it's time for some posters to take a rest now. 20-30 years is a long time you know.;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love this thread.;):D
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I disagree , 5- 10 yrs ago wasn't much different from now. Avril Lavigne, McFly, Amy (RIP) Leona, Editors and Rhianna

And yes music was great 20-30yrs ago but times move on we aren't wearing the same style of clothes from then. That doesn't mean it was better or worse just different
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the album chart for America....just insane that the pre order is that high :eek: