People who don't watch Eastenders

Comments

• J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they stay together because they love each other? Do you think Tanya and Max when they are not together will always have a spark? Do you think they can get along for the sake of their children?

No I disagree. I don't think they stay together for some deep love they have for eachother... Tanya's tried to kill Max, copped off with his brother, copped off with the local psycho to piss him off, and married someone else. Max has had countless affairs, hell even since their last reunion he's been tempted by Roxy and potentially been getting it on with Kat.

Their relationship is based around sex. Tanya uses it as a way to hold her family together, she thinks that if Max is satisfied in the bedroom then her little nuclear family, middle class existence will be preserved. This idea was proved correct when she suspected him of having an affair during her cancer. Roxy was a plot device to show how they are stronger as a couple when they are sleeping together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Well whatever happens between Max and Tanya they do love each other and there will always be a spark between or something between them they can't just not forget they were together its hard to switch feelings of after being married to them for a long time

MG I STRONGLY urge you to go and watch some den and Angie scenes - they are the best couple EE have ever produced; max and Tanya are shadows in comparison.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in a weird way despise all that has gone on the cheating the burying the running people over ''i know that wern`t Tania '': I think max showed more than ever after her cancer scare that he Loved her more than ever before that he would be nothing if she had died .
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »
    MG I STRONGLY urge you to go and watch some den and Angie scenes - they are the best couple EE have ever produced; max and Tanya are shadows in comparison.

Do you like the onscreen chemistry between Jo Joyner and Jake Wood?
    Forum Member
    Do you like the onscreen chemistry between Jo Joyner and Jake Wood?

It doesn't match grantham and Dobson who had possibly the best chistry ever envinced on the show. One reason why Angie and den were a phenomenon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't match grantham and Dobson who had possibly the best chistry ever envinced on the show. One reason why Angie and den were a phenomenon.

better writers back then dont you think :rolleyes:.
    Forum Member
    leeruk wrote: »
    better writers back then dont you think :rolleyes:.

And actors.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    And actors.

To be fair the show was only on twice a week back then so the actors may have had longer to rehearse etc in the good old days?
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    To be fair the show was only on twice a week back then so the actors may have had longer to rehearse etc in the good old days?

They also wouldn't get paid as much and not have weeks at a time off (when their characters don't appear). We're not talking chrissie watts here, when the show revolved around a single character.

It's all swings and roundabouts.

These actors should go and do stage work sometime.
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does average at best mean?

It means when someone is "at their best" there average, but totally disagree with Jake being Average. Along with Steve Mcfadden best actor in soap
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't match grantham and Dobson who had possibly the best chemistry ever envinced on the show. One reason why Angie and den were a phenomenon.

This 100%
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'One of' important words there. No way have Max & Tanya got more chemistry than Den & Angie, those two were electric. There's a reason over 30 million people tuned in to the Divorce papers christmas ep
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'One of' important words there. No way have Max & Tanya got more chemistry than Den & Angie, those two were electric. There's a reason over 30 million people tuned in to the Divorce papers christmas ep

Im not talking about Max and Tanya Im talking about Jo Joyner and Jake Wood their onscreen and offscreen chemistry is the best in Eastenders out of Shane and Jessie and Whitney and Tyler and Zainab and Masood and Sharon and Jack
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not talking about Max and Tanya Im talking about Jo Joyner and Jake Wood their onscreen and offscreen chemistry is the best in Eastenders out of Shane and Jessie and Whitney and Tyler and Zainab and Masood and Sharon and Jack

Out of the current couples, probably. But when Janine returns, Michael & Janine will take over.

However, Den and Angie are in another league. As are Carol & David, Dot & Jim and Peggy & Archie. A few that come to mind there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of the current couples, probably. But when Janine returns, Michael & Janine will take over.

However, Den and Angie are in another league. As are Carol & David, Dot & Jim and Peggy & Archie. A few that come to mind there.

Im talking about Jo Joyner and Jake Wood no one can deny that as an actor and actress Jo and Jake have got really good onscreen and offscreen chemistry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im talking about Jo Joyner and Jake Wood no one can deny that as an actor and actress Jo and Jake have got really good onscreen and offscreen chemistry

It's the same thing. Their off screen chemistry is what shows on the screen. Same thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the same thing. Their off screen chemistry is what shows on the screen. Same thing.

So your not saying its not good and your not saying its the best out of the current cast/actors/actresses? Do you like Max and Tanya and Jo Joyner and Jake Wood?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So your not saying its not good and your not saying its the best out of the current cast/actors/actresses? Do you like Max and Tanya and Jo Joyner and Jake Wood?

It's the best currently I would say. But when Janine is back, it won't be, as Janine and Michael have better chemistry.

Max and Tanya I don't mind. I liked them seperated more though to be honest. Max is the more developed character and Tanya sometimes drags him down.

Jo and Jake I won't comment on, they seem like nice people but it has nothing to do with the soap itself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the best currently I would say. But when Janine is back, it won't be, as Janine and Michael have better chemistry.

Max and Tanya I don't mind. I liked them seperated more though to be honest. Max is the more developed character and Tanya sometimes drags him down.

Jo and Jake I won't comment on, they seem like nice people but it has nothing to do with the soap itself.

Do you think Jo is a good actress and Jake a good actor? Do you think Max and Tanya will split up when Max's secret is revealed or do you think they will get through it together? Would you like Jo to return after her break? I think the writers need to do something good with Tanya when she returns I would like the cervical cancer to come back and have Tanya die
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think Jo is a good actress and Jake a good actor? Do you think Max and Tanya will split up when Max's secret is revealed or do you think they will get through it together? Would you like Jo to return after her break? I think the writers need to do something good with Tanya when she returns I would like the cervical cancer to come back and have Tanya die

Jake is a better actor than Jo, but they're both ok. Not amazing, but ok.

It depends on what the secret is, as to if she breaks up with him.

Jo might return, might not. They're setting her up for the christmas fall out atm, by making her so high and might ('We have no secrets, me and Max), so the aftermath should determine it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake is a better actor than Jo, but they're both ok. Not amazing, but ok.

It depends on what the secret is, as to if she breaks up with him.

Jo might return, might not. They're setting her up for the christmas fall out atm, by making her so high and might ('We have no secrets, me and Max), so the aftermath should determine it.

Yep. Well Jo said in an interview with Radio times that she thinks its sad watching them fight for their own marriage but she thinks they can get through the secret together it will be good to see how it all pans out. Jo said in another interview the one I posted on here that they did a 15 page scene recently so that has given mean impression that they are together still but I could be wrong. Do you like the idea of the cancer storyline? Do you think we will all know maybe by summer 2013 or September or October or November 2013 if Jo is returning or not? Did you know that Jo's break begins in May so Tanya will leave in June or July 2013? How would you like to see her depart? I would think maybe if Derek is murdered then Tanya will say she did it and go to prison and then when the time is right for Eastenders and Jo then Tanya is released following new evidence so if Jo takes 7 months off or 8months off then at least Tanya will be in prison and plus it would be good seeing Max as a single father
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Well Jo said in an interview with Radio times that she thinks its sad watching them fight for their own marriage but she thinks they can get through the secret together it will be good to see how it all pans out. Jo said in another interview the one I posted on here that they did a 15 page scene recently so that has given mean impression that they are together still but I could be wrong. Do you like the idea of the cancer storyline? Do you think we will all know maybe by summer 2013 or September or October or November 2013 if Jo is returning or not? Did you know that Jo's break begins in May so Tanya will leave in June or July 2013? How would you like to see her depart? I would think maybe if Derek is murdered then Tanya will say she did it and go to prison and then when the time is right for Eastenders and Jo then Tanya is released following new evidence so if Jo takes 7 months off or 8months off then at least Tanya will be in prison and plus it would be good seeing Max as a single father

Jesus a lot of questions there.

Like I said, it depends on what the secret is, as to if they stay together. Another affair and it will just be ridiculous.

Maybe she goes down for Lauren, I can't see Max letting her go down for him, and Abi isn't like that nor does she really have a motive that would make her react like that. However Lauren does make those kind of decisions. I still want it to be Alice or Carol that kill him, it would ruin Tanya's character.

I'm just looking forward to seeing Max develop a bit, Tanya holds him back sometimes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus a lot of questions there.

Like I said, it depends on what the secret is, as to if they stay together. Another affair and it will just be ridiculous.

Maybe she goes down for Lauren, I can't see Max letting her go down for him, and Abi isn't like that nor does she really have a motive that would make her react like that. However Lauren does make those kind of decisions. I still want it to be Alice or Carol that kill him, it would ruin Tanya's character.

I'm just looking forward to seeing Max develop a bit, Tanya holds him back sometimes.

Well no one knows for sure if Max and Tanya are splitting up. If Alice kills Derek or Lauren or Bianca kills Derek then I wouldn't mind seeing Tanya go to prison for a bit maybe prison will change Tanya's personality or maybe Tanya could end up in a coma and when she wakes up she could have brain damage and forget who certain people are like who Max, Lauren, Abi and Oscar are that would be a good storyline. Would you like to see Max as a single father looking after all 3 children? As long as Max and Tanya are together when Tanya leaves then I will be happy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well no one knows for sure if Max and Tanya are splitting up. If Alice kills Derek or Lauren or Bianca kills Derek then I wouldn't mind seeing Tanya go to prison for a bit maybe prison will change Tanya's personality or maybe Tanya could end up in a coma and when she wakes up she could have brain damage and forget who certain people are like who Max, Lauren, Abi and Oscar are that would be a good storyline. Would you like to see Max as a single father looking after all 3 children? As long as Max and Tanya are together when Tanya leaves then I will be happy

Tanya wouldn't cover for Bianca or Alice. It's probably more likely that Joey will kill him, and Lauren will tell Tanya it was her, not Joey. Tanya will then cover for Lauren, and go to prison. Like a three way cover up.