Options

The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8(US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think most people want the characters to grow and are disappointed they are not.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But methinks the ptb fear if they allow Sheldon to grow into someone less Sheldon like then the huge audience, after an initial "yay this is what we wanted, this is gonna be great" will leave in their droves whilst muttering "meh, we didn't want THIS though"
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,247
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    The core of the show is Sheldon and Leonard with the odd appearance by Penny.

Cuoco's agent might argue with that! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    Cuoco's agent might argue with that! :D

Anyone who has seen the unaired pilot will know that Kayley made the show better than it would be with just Sheldon and Leonard.

The original girl certainly didn't gel with the 2 of them.
  • Options
    technoguytechnoguy Posts: 2,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the latest episode and the very second it starts the main cast are together EATING and then throughout the episode they keep EATING and then to break it up a bit they have a Quiz where each time you get a question correct you get to EAT a chocolate from a big bowl of confectionery.

None of that should be spoilers as The Big Bang theory is a show about EATING and thats what happens every F***ing episode.

It has the laziest writing of any show ever. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Since this is the US Pace thread, none of that is spoilers in any case :)
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love the show but i miss what it used to be like without Amy and Bernadette.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    technoguy wrote: »
    I watched the latest episode and the very second it starts the main cast are together EATING and then throughout the episode they keep EATING and then to break it up a bit they have a Quiz where each time you get a question correct you get to EAT a chocolate from a big bowl of confectionery.

None of that should be spoilers as The Big Bang theory is a show about EATING and thats what happens every F***ing episode.

It has the laziest writing of any show ever. >:(

You keep pushing this point and it isn't true they eat every scene, And as has been explained....To have this big a group together there needs to be scenes of them eating.

It is unusual for a big group to hang out other than for a meal etc. You are looking for them eating too much because you are fixated on it. I never even noticed they were eating until i read your post
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    You've mentioned why they do it. Surely you must have noticed it before.

They are very limited in their group sessions so the majority of time they are together they are eating.

If it's the full group it's in the flat. Used to be the Cheesecake factory as well but now that is gone.

If it's just the guys it can be at the work canteen or them in the flat playing games.
    If it's just the girls it's usually them in the flat drinking.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I think it is justified, At work they will only see each other at meal times, Same in their home lives. Not many groups of people hang out unless they are having a meal. The exception to this being on TV like in Friends

I never notice it because it isn't that big a problem for me
  • Options
    humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Big Bang but Channel has completely corrupted the series of shows by the random showing of episodes over their different channels.. We all have to have Sheldon's brains to understand the logic of C4 's programming. I can only put it down to a producers' whims.....Don't you just love incompetence.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cast your minds back if you will. Was it explained or hinted at any point in S7 why Sheldon decided to abandon string theory for quantum mechanics (or whatever it is)? Sheldon's 'breakdown' was caused in part by the university refusing to allow him to switch (or at least refusing to fund him to switch), but considering he's been studying ST since the show began - and his career is basically his life - it seems ridiculous that he would suddenly be able - within himself - to change fields. This is one of the things that frustrates about TBBT; the inconsistency of Sheldon's character. They'll devote an entire episode to him freaking out over a cushion, his favourite restaurant closing or where they eat on a Tuesday, but something that would cause most people to genuinely give very serious thought to is glossed over. Is it deliberate, to further illustrate how 'quirky' Sheldon is, or just lazy writing?

I did love Bernadette playing off Penny and Amy against each other. :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    They were in the canteen and were talking about a report about some major breakthroughs (Higgs and something else) and Kripte quipped that Sheldon's work was rendered useless and Sheldon took the view that he was right and so decided to look for a new field to work in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    They were in the canteen and were talking about a report about some major breakthroughs (Higgs and something else) and Kripte quipped that Sheldon's work was rendered useless and Sheldon took the view that he was right and so decided to look for a new field to work in.
    Ah, ok, thanks. I can't remember that bit at all. Mind, I wasn't terribly enamoured with most of S7, so probably tuned out and I haven't re-watched it.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    gashead wrote: »
    Ah, ok, thanks. I can't remember that bit at all. Mind, I wasn't terribly enamoured with most of S7, so probably tuned out and I haven't re-watched it.

No point watching this season then is there incase people need to remind you what happened next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    No point watching this season then is there incase people need to remind you what happened next year.
    Riiiight, okaaaay. :confused:

(Quietly backs out of thread, avoiding the crazy on the way.)
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    episode 3 is pretty lame :(
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better than the first two still not brilliant though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaley has done a 'Felicity' and ruined the show. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it me or is Bernadette's voice even more shrill now than it used to be? :confused:
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watched the latest episode, there were some funny moments but not really good. It hasn't been a great start to the season and every episode I feel it more and more that it has lost its Big Bang theory feel and feels a lot more cliché US sitcom feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was okay but I felt as if the ending was missing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly not great this week :(
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Especially the girls' half of the plot. Drunk Bernadette was hilarious.

And Penny at the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. Especially the girls' half of the plot. Drunk Bernadette was hilarious.

And Penny at the end.

Was thinking mainly of the boys interaction.