Options

Hollyoaks Trevor Spoiler

Vera BennettVera Bennett Posts: 432
Forum Member
Looking at the Hollyoaks guide for next week I cannot believe Trevor is the one getting the blame for the explosion of a year ago which killed Leanne.

Trevor was no more to blame than Sinead and in fact Trevor risked his life to jump into the destroyed flat and save Darren. The person responsible for the explosion was Clare and in fact when Trevor found out what she was going to do, actually pleaded with her to change her mind and then tried to wrestle the trigger for the explosion off her.

Have the scriptwriters forgotten it was Clare?

The character of Trevor being brought into the soap has been one of the best things about Hollyoaks this last year or so and I have loved the fact he has changed from being a thug to actually in many ways being a caring guy and pretty good.
I hope if he is being wrongly blamed for the explosion means that this is not Trevor leaving the show - Greg Wood is great in the role and would be a big loss to Hollyoaks

Comments

• Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writers seem to have forgotten that Sinead is the one that bought the bomb in to the party. I don't even think Ste knows does he?
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Trevor is much to blame as Clare. And I like Trevor/Grace/Clare/Fraser as characters.

Clare told him to make the bomb, if the police had proof Trevor would have been facing a long stretch in prison. Yes he thought he was going to blow up a empty building but there is a massive crime in making/buying a bomb.

If someone you loved died in a bomb blast, then a year later you found out the person who made/brought the bomb was walking around your home town you would be upset and angry to say the least.

Sinead on the other hand shouldn't be taking things that aren't hers but she genuinely didn't know it was a bomb. If for one second she thought she picked up a bomb don't you think she would have got rid straight away?

The logic of some people on here...
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    Of course, poor Sinead didn't know there was a bomb in the bag. She just thought it contained money, which she decided to steal to give to Ste and Doug as a going-away present. A generous heartfelt gesture that went tragically wrong - absolutely nothing wrong with stealing a load of cash from someone, is there? :cool:

(Sarcasm mode>off) Actually, I'd love to see Sinead get the blame that she deserves for being directly responsible for killing all those people, but of course it won't happen. Sinead is teflon, one of Kirkwood's favourites. Nothing sticks to her, and she blames everyone else for the problems she creates for herself. Loathsome character >:(
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Meh. ALL those characters were deadwood. They shouldn't of all been blown to bits, But they all needed to go just the same.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluebird69 wrote: »
    Of course, poor Sinead didn't know there was a bomb in the bag. She just thought it contained money, which she decided to steal to give to Ste and Doug as a going-away present. A generous heartfelt gesture that went tragically wrong - absolutely nothing wrong with stealing a load of cash from someone, is there? :cool:

(Sarcasm mode>off) Actually, I'd love to see Sinead get the blame that she deserves for being directly responsible for killing all those people, but of course it won't happen. Sinead is teflon, one of Kirkwood's favourites. Nothing sticks to her, and she blames everyone else for the problems she creates for herself. Loathsome character >:(

Great post; couldn't agree more.

:D:D at first paragraph!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluebird69 wrote: »

No one is saying she wasn't wrong for stealing the bag. But if she knew what she was really taking then of course she wouldn't have taken a bomb into the flat. It's not her direct fault though. She's partly to 'blame'. If anything Trevor making/buying the bomb was the worst thing. Clare wanted a bomb Trevor could have said no. Sinead thought the bag was money, if Trevor wasn't walking around with a bomb then no one would have died. And I'm saying all this even though I like Trevor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I dont understand how Clare is responsible. Sinead put the bomb in the flat. I thought at least Ste would find out.
  • Options
    Vera BennettVera Bennett Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    Actually Trevor is much to blame as Clare. And I like Trevor/Grace/Clare/Fraser as characters.

Clare told him to make the bomb, if the police had proof Trevor would have been facing a long stretch in prison. Yes he thought he was going to blow up a empty building but there is a massive crime in making/buying a bomb.

If someone you loved died in a bomb blast, then a year later you found out the person who made/brought the bomb was walking around your home town you would be upset and angry to say the least.

Sinead on the other hand shouldn't be taking things that aren't hers but she genuinely didn't know it was a bomb. If for one second she thought she picked up a bomb don't you think she would have got rid straight away?

The logic of some people on here...
    Trevors not to blame in the same way as Clare though.
    Trevor was looking to set off a bomb in an empty nightclub - still an act of crime but would have caused damage to an empty building
    Clare was looking to set off the bomb and kill people - thats mass murder

When Trevor realised what had happened he jumped into the building to try and help people
    When Clare realised what had happened she was simply annoyed that Mercedes had not been killed so set off to murder her as well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Meh. ALL those characters were deadwood. They shouldn't of all been blown to bits, But they all needed to go just the same.

I don't think Leanne was deadwood. She might not have got much to do, sure, but I loved her character traits and I think she had far more potential. Ash was a bit of a tired character, and Doug was going around in circles, but I would be happy with Leanne still on our screens right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CarysMarie wrote: »
    I dont understand how Clare is responsible. Sinead put the bomb in the flat. I thought at least Ste would find out.

Because it was Clare's bomb. I do love Clare Devine but she was the one who caused all those deaths even though she didn't mean to.
    Trevor was looking to set off a bomb in an empty nightclub - still an act of crime but would have caused damage to an empty building

When Trevor realised what had happened he jumped into the building to try and help people
    When Clare realised what had happened she was simply annoyed that Mercedes had not been killed so set off to murder her as well

He still made/brought a bomb. If he didn't do that then no one would have died regardless of where he thought it was going to go.

If someone you love and close to you died and you found out the person who made/brought the bomb didn't mean for that to happen you would still be very ticked off with them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read the spoilers to this episode in a magazine. Still not sure how Dennis could actually find out Trevor was the one who made the bomb.

All this talk about Clare though. Such a great character with a lot of potential. Still can't believe her crappy exit.

I will admit part of me actually thought why are they rehashing this storyline? Is there a chance Clare could comeback. Oh please!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's true and shame Clare never succeed. I was annoyed that Clare was killed off and switched off a lot of last year and have tuned it now and again for the sister Grace character and Sienna so bad it's good! Grace is OK but Clare was much better. How many deaths did Clare cause bu that bomb? Wasn't just Leanne was it?
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    They are all to blame for it. Clare for wanting to blow everyone up, Trevor for making the bomb for her and Sinead for taking it to the flats. Of course if she hadn't taken it, people would still have died - just different people at the Club.

I would say Sinead is the least to blame although stealing what she thought was money was still reprehensible and I hate how she is never held accountable for anything she does wrong. It's like, because the one time she was blamed for something she was actually innocent (Katy's death) she is let off for everything else.

I do like Trevor as a character now, he was clearly conflicted about making the bomb in the first place and did risk his life to help save people but that doesn't absolve him of all blame. He should have said no to Clare in the first place.

If I was Dennis I'd feel exactly the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to put. Clare and Trevor another missed opportunity their back story.