ITV1's Titanic discussion thread

1808182838486»

Comments

• DrPLDrPL Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

...... I'm working on "The Goofs of 'Inside The Titanic'". Nothing there yet, but it'll be at http://www.paullee.com/titanic/itt2012goofs.html when I put it up.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DrPL wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

...... I'm working on "The Goofs of 'Inside The Titanic'". Nothing there yet, but it'll be at http://www.paullee.com/titanic/itt2012goofs.html when I put it up.

I'll look forward to that. I watched this show on the strength of reviews here, but saw a lot of stuff that seemed questionable to me. The stoker whose leg was trapped under a watertight door seemed to be a complete fabrication for dramatic effect (as though more were needed) and I can't recall ever reading about 'Madame de Villiers' ever returning to her cabin and being locked in.
  • DrPLDrPL Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    The best thing to do is to book mark the page and check back from time to time. I'm suffering from a debilitating depressive illness and have been advised to rest.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could argue ITV's Titanic was historically accurate in one respect. It lost most of the viewers it started out with.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DrPL wrote: »
    The best thing to do is to book mark the page and check back from time to time. I'm suffering from a debilitating depressive illness and have been advised to rest.

I'm sorry to hear that - I hope your health improves soon and you keep up the sterling work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that - I hope your health improves soon and you keep up the sterling work.

I've read your site from site to finish, DrPL. Awesome stuff.

Hope things improve for you.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for Raising the Titanic Thread, but I just noticed what the currently most read BBC News article is.
    An Australian billionaire has announced plans to build a replica of the Titanic that will make its maiden voyage from England to New York in 2016.
    Weeks after the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the original Titanic, Clive Palmer announced he has signed a memorandum of understanding with state-owned Chinese company CSC Jinling Shipyard to build the Titanic II.

Palmer said in a statement: "It will be every bit as luxurious as the original Titanic, but ... will have state-of-the-art 21st-century technology and the latest navigation and safety systems."

This seems familiar.
  • BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anybody bought this from sainsburys? You also get a bonus disc with a night to remember.

Should that not be the other way round - by A Night to Remember and get ITV's Titanic as an (unwanted) bonus? :D

It has certainly failed to set the dvd chart alight. I wonder how many were sold in the first week? I didn't spot it in the corresponding top 10.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIDIE-IN wrote: »
    Should that not be the other way round - by A Night to Remember and get ITV's Titanic as an (unwanted) bonus? :D

It has certainly failed to set the dvd chart alight. I wonder how many were sold in the first week? I didn't spot it in the corresponding top 10.

curently 638 in Amazon chart!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW - that IS bad. Even if ITV are trying to put a brave face on it - "sold to 100 countries" etc - it does not bode well, some may not even bother to show it. Not if the network bosses watch it first.......
  • Deirdre BarlowDeirdre Barlow Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Something recently new in the "Titanic world" is this:

http://www.titanicslastmystery.com/

This lady is claiming that a baby believed lost on Titanic is actually her grandmother who was rescued off the ship by wait for it..........Thomas Andrews himself!! The little girl's money obsessed uncle then paid Thomas Andrews to go into hiding and care for the girl. The grand-daughter is seeking DNA testing to confirm her grandmother's claim. Bizarre :confused:

What do you guys think?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she go on to have a child with Justin Beiber?????

Sorry, another attention seeker. Amusing story and a good idea for a fictional book, but nothing more.