Blondie

Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What are your favorite songs by Blondie?

Mine is Denis

[URL=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BuOiPWNqGI[/URL]

Comments

• ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Union City Blues still blows me away every time, even after 30 odd years. Heaven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Fade Away And Radiate on Parallel Lines.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Has to be Heart of Glass, but The Tide Is High and Rifle Range are good songs as well.
  • NickKamenNickKamen Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Hangin' On The Telephone; i think the way she sing's 'oh why cant we talk again?' describes many peoples feelings over a break up

And 'Dreaming', because the lyrics are so lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Atomic is probably my favourite, either that or dreaming closely followed by fade away and radiate.

Good boys one of their more recent songs from them is great, quite an underrated one I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_niLaDS6ec

:)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard to pick, so many great songs of about equal quality.

Heart of Glass, Call Me, Atomic, Denis, The Tide is High, Hanging on the Telephone, One Way or Another...that's just a handful. They all sound good.

I even quite like the one which some say is their worst single, Island of Lost Souls. I just like it.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    picture this
    hangin on the telephone
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where to start? One of my favourite bands, and all of their albums are quality.

Fade Away and Radiate is probably my very favourite.

Picture This, Atomic, Angels On The Balcony, Maria, Shayla, Accidents Never Happen, Dreaming. The list goes on.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Atomic. Anyone going to see them on their tour? There was a tremendous documentary on bbc4 about them recently, where Iggy Pop no less described them as the 'greatest pop band ever, bar none.' They also shown the fabulously awkward night they were inducted in the the Rock n Roll Hall Fame. They seem to all hate each other.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rapture has a catchy bassline but Sunday Girl is just a very well written pop song.
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria, Heart Of Glass, Screaming Skin, One Way Or Another, Forgive And Forget are my favourites
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rapture and I'm always Touched...
  • nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Union City Blues still blows me away every time, even after 30 odd years. Heaven.

Me to, Deborah Harry looks devine in the video. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Call Me followed by Atomic
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Atomic. Anyone going to see them on their tour? There was a tremendous documentary on bbc4 about them recently, where Iggy Pop no less described them as the 'greatest pop band ever, bar none.' They also shown the fabulously awkward night they were inducted in the the Rock n Roll Hall Fame. They seem to all hate each other.

I'm going to see them. I've seen them a few times since they came back, and they've always been brilliant. Hoping for more of the same.

Their original break up was very nasty, and there is still a lot of bad feeling between those that came back, and those that were not invited.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    What are your favorite songs by Blondie?

Mine is Denis

[URL=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BuOiPWNqGI[/URL]

Preferred the original
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many that I like......... Heart of Glass is probably my absolute favourite.

Dreaming is great. Love the video where Clem Burke looks like he's been stuffed into that horrible suit and drums as if his life depends on it. :D

One favourite of mine that rarely gets a mention is Pretty Baby off Parallel Lines. Beautiful song, that.

EDIT Btw, I notice Iggy Pop has been mentioned. Iggy and Debbie's duet on 'Well, Did You Evah!' is well worth checking out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    Has to be 11:59 from Parallel Lines.
  • Ivy RoseIvy Rose Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Call Me
    Rapture
    Heart of Glass
    Dreaming
    Union City Blue
    Sunday Girl

I love, love, love these songs but I'm a big Blondie fan in general.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything on Parallel Lines is brilliant. My favourites are probably Pretty Baby, Picture This and Hanging On The Telephone.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Maria. I think it's one of the best comeback singles ever. Oh and I love Rip Her To Shreds.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Fade Away And Radiate
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart Of Glass is my second favorite

[URL=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpWGlKv2Mbo[/URL]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Indeed :D but many others too.... Picture This, One Way or another. But UCB is my fave