Is Jodie too fat to be Nancy?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
Forum Member
clicky

According to Sir Andrew, producer Cameron thinks she is too big.

I think that's all rubbish. She'd be a great Nancy

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's my favourite. She's the one that is most like my 'image' of what nancy looks like. In my mind Nancy was never a young beautiful skinnygirl - more of an attractive, well built strong woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    If he were talking about a character like Eponine from Les Miserables who is supposed to be a malnourished street urchin, I could understand. But I don't think there's anything anywhere that states that Nancy has to be slim? So I don't see why an actresses size would matter in this case.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I think she'd be a great Nancy.
    He is probably concerned about her going back to the size she was before.
    She seems to have put on quite a bit of weight since the start, and I suppose maybe they are just concerned that she will beef up again.
    I know that has nothing to do with her performance, but if you are investing alot of money in an artist who needs to sing and dance every night you want to ensure they are fit enough to do so.
    I think he is shooting himself in the foot making such comments it will make people vote for her more. :D

Maybe this is all a cunning ploy, pretend that they don't want her so that they get her? reverse psychology and all that?
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that what he thinks then she should never have been in the comp but she is so now it's TT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that what they meant by "big"? (I agree that it's not especially relevant)

They could have meant personality-wise. Ms Pranger has quite a room-filling presence :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They could have meant personality-wise. Ms Pranger has quite a room-filling presence :)

She does have a big personality but I do think CM means she too fat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I'm absolutely gutted to find such a comment has been published in the national press, Jodie's size doesn't effect her talent, she is just amazing and IMO she isn't even fat /too big, as heard somewhere recently the average size of UK women is size 16 and from what I know Jodie is no bigger than a 14 (I know some people may try & say differently but don't forget the cameras puts lb's on a person!!!)........

In today's society with all the worry about people (youngsters especially) starving themselves etc is it really wise to say this sort of thing?! It's really no wonder that so many people do make themselves ill because they feel it's the only way to 'fit in' and get somewhere in life! Also if CM belives she is too big why put her through to the final 12 in the first place? .......phew rant over!

I think Jodie will be an awesome Nancy & she truly deserves to win and I am 110% behind her!

WE LOVE JODIE!!!!!!!!
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member

It can really mean whatever you want it to mean. BTW I agree with the room filling presence.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    She does have a big personality but I do think CM means she too fat.

Yeah, well -- the overall panel's too ghey...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think he tried to put it across in a nice way when he said 'matronly'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, she was that size when they put her through to finals. Also they've made age an issue. what's the point in suggesting someone is too old and too fat, when you've put them in the finals?
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tbh I always thought of Nancy as buxom, and in that dept Jodie would fit the bill. ALW said he was looking for young talent, so although Jodie is hardly ancient, compared to 17 and 18 year olds she could be be considered mature, in which case her age could rule her out; but her weight should never be called into account - she's a big girl, but certainly not obese.

She's not my favourite - but she does have some of the attributes required for the WE. I won't pretend I would splash out 50 quid to watch her, but given the choice between a buxom 28 year old who can hold a tune and a slender teenager who can't - no contest!

(I'm not referring to any of the finalists here - I know some think Sam can't hold a tune but as well as supporting Jessie I'm also a Sam fan).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simple answer - NO, she is not too big to play nancy
  • DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that they're all begining to realise that it's Jodie who has the public vote, and in order to save their favourites, the only thing they can start doing is bashing Jodie on weight issues (they've already had a go on age as well - haven't they?)

If the creative team are "really" saying such things, and it's possible that they have been misquoted in the first place, they should all be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

Seems to me that they never really belived that Jodie would go so far and are terrified at the prospect that she will win the final

As far as I'm concerned, I've loved Jodie from the start and would love to see her win
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DigiPal wrote: »
    It seems to me that they're all begining to realise that it's Jodie who has the public vote, and in order to save their favourites, the only thing they can start doing is bashing Jodie on weight issues (they've already had a go on age as well - haven't they?)

If the creative team are "really" saying such things, and it's possible that they have been misquoted in the first place, they should all be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

Seems to me that they never really belived that Jodie would go so far and are terrified at the prospect that she will win the final

As far as I'm concerned, I've loved Jodie from the start and would love to see her win

exactly - they cannot have a go at her performances as they are great, so its her weight and age - the same weight and age she was when they put her through! pathetic of them! the want grin alot sam to win even though shes not any good!
  • Bob22ABob22A Posts: 6,830
    Forum Member
    kates89 wrote: »
    Yeah I think he tried to put it across in a nice way when he said 'matronly'

She has a personaility but not the sort of one you want for Nancy. To me she dances like some one at a wedding.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just another way at having a go at her........they must feel really threatened by her to do this. If they did. Take it with a huge pinch of salt. If they think people are that nieve to fall for this its laughable. They auditioned her through 5000 people she wasnt too average then....so she cant be down, in fact I would say she has probably lost weight with all the work outs she has done in the last 2 months.

its all nonsense and should be treated as such.......they must really think we are that gullible................tell us anything and we believe it.....duhhhhhhhh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob22A wrote: »
    She has a personaility but not the sort of one you want for Nancy. To me she dances like some one at a wedding.

good job nancy isn't a dance role then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    jude1979 wrote: »
    She's my favourite. She's the one that is most like my 'image' of what nancy looks like. In my mind Nancy was never a young beautiful skinnygirl - more of an attractive, well built strong woman.

I agree, she's how I imagined Nancy to look.
    I actually think Samantha is too pretty to be Nancy. She needs to be a bit more rough around the edges I think
  • dale gdale g Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Is this Cameron's final attempt at trying to stop people voting for Jodie? :rolleyes:

Why mention her size? Not very professional if you ask me.

It's about her musical talent, acting and potential in a West End theatre.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think jodie looks more like nancy then sam does, however I do think that nancy should be young, as fagin i meant to have taken nancy under his wing, so in my eyes she should be a little older then the artful dodger
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, she's how I imagined Nancy to look.
    I actually think Samantha is too pretty to be Nancy. She needs to be a bit more rough around the edges I think

IMO, you can never be too pretty for a stage role, but you can be too fat or too old (or old-looking).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dale g wrote: »
    Is this Cameron's final attempt at trying to stop people voting for Jodie? :rolleyes:

Why mention her size? Not very professional if you ask me.

It's about her musical talent, acting and potential in a West End theatre.

yea and guess what..........we are so stupid we just follow him blindly..........think the GBP are abit wiser now......:eek:
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    So Cameron doesn't want a big Nancy? Well, tough, because that's exactly what he's (almost certainly) going to get. If it was obvious to the rest of us from the word go that Jodie would get this far, why wouldn't it be obvious to the professionals? Finger on the pulse or what? Poor wee Cammie may have to bite the bullet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    IMO, you can never be too pretty for a stage role, but you can be too fat or too old (or old-looking).

i totally agree!!