Calling all Doctor Who anoraks!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,924
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone out there know a good place on the Net to keep abreast of upcoming "Who" DVD releases? I'm talking classic "Who" (Troughton, Pertwee, Tom Baker).

And does anyone have any info on any imminent releases?

Thanksin advance for any tips.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cifpower wrote:
    Thanks, but I meant finding out about what stories are SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE or SLATED FOR RELEASE, not what's already out there (that's easy enough to find).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Well the BBC http://www.bbcshop.com/icat/doctorwhodvdvideo is OK - eg there's mention here of the Web Planet due soon.
    http://www.bbcshop.com/invt/ebbcdvd1355

Outpost Galifrey has a good release schedule including mention of a DVD compilation of the full first three stories inc. First Dalek story due early next year.
    http://www.gallifreyone.com/releases.php
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    The DW restoration team said State Of Decay with Tom Baker was ready for release.

Anthony Ainley, the 2nd master, recorded a commentary shortly before his death last year.

I don't think it will be out until early Spring at the earliest!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    foamasi wrote:
    The DW restoration team said State Of Decay with Tom Baker was ready for release.

Anthony Ainley, the 2nd master, recorded a commentary shortly before his death last year.

I don't think it will be out until early Spring at the earliest!

The Master wasn't in 'State of Decay'. Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with 'Keeper of Traken'. I'm hoping for the E-Space trilogy to be released as a box set on DVD, so hope you're wrong.

Gallifrey One seems to be the best place to pick up rumours that are likely to be proved true of future DVD releases.
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,383
    Forum Member
    Muad'Dib wrote:
    The Master wasn't in 'State of Decay'. Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with 'Keeper of Traken'. I'm hoping for the E-Space trilogy to be released as a box set on DVD, so hope you're wrong.

Gallifrey One seems to be the best place to pick up rumours that are likely to be proved true of future DVD releases.

The story that Anthony recorded the commentary for was The Keeper Of Traken.

I don't think any one website is first with release information all of the time. Outpost Gallifrey usually ahve various rumours & you can also get confirmation on the Restoration Team's website at:-

Restoration Team

City Of Death is likely to be out later this year (November) & a DVD boxset called The Beginning (comprising An Unearthly Child, The Daleks & The Edge Of Destruction) has been mentioned as the first release of 2006.
  • Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the schedule is

July - Revelation Of The Daleks (Colin Baker) - This has been confirmed by the Restoration Team.

September - The Web Planet (William Hartnell) - This is on the BBC Shop Web Site

November - City Of Death (Tom Baker) - This was announced earlier this year on the BBC Dr Who Web site.

January 2006 - The Beginnings box set with An Unearthly Child, The Daleks and Edge Of Destruction (AKA Inside the Spaceship)