The Situation on Jersey Shore

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed Ward wrote: »
    Don't try and bring up the incident where Snooki got punched in the face. NOBODY saw that coming, she was hit from point blank range, blindsided and without warning. There was also her 3 other male housemates there, did they also do nothing?

Ronnie, Pauly and Vinnie ALL went looking for the guy to beat him up, Mike stayed behind and kept trying to pull other girls.

Thats why he got stick for it
  • HosaiHosai Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeamSharon wrote: »
    Ronnie, Pauly and Vinnie ALL went looking for the guy to beat him up, Mike stayed behind and kept trying to pull other girls.

Thats why he got stick for it

In the interests of pedantry I thought they all went out outside but when they were waiting for an ambulance to arrive Mike started flirting with another girl?
  • AntttAnttt Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    He is totally differant on BB than he is on Jersey shore..Maybe its just how its get edited i dont know
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how come all the Danika fans say don't judge her by what she does on the outside, which I don't, so why is it ok to judge Mike on how he acted in a scripted show?
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawnthief wrote: »
    Danica lies about what she does
    Danica is in a relationship

*Simples*

Does she lie? Seems she's told the HMs and thus the audience too that she is a glamour model, worked on babestation channels and does webcam shows which we know is true. Beyond that we don't know the details so it's impossible to call her out on this.

How is being in a relationship relevant. People flirt, it's natural human behavior. Doesn't mean the people involved are willing to cheat on their partner.
    The situation is a character in a scripted reality show!
    When you watch Jersey shore you also see elements of the real Mike come out- just like what he's like in BB house

The rub there is that the cast of Jersey Shore claim it's 100% real and MTV gives of the impression that it's realer than say The Hills.

Awfuly convenient though that you brush off the bragging, promiscuous, jealous, sly, self serving version of Mike as a character he plays while the nice lost puppy dog version as the real him.

May I suggest neither is the real him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the guy. Anyone who has fallen for his innocent boy act really needs to open their eyes. I hope he is out tonight - sick of seeing him and hearing his stupid name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch this bad quality clip of the Jersey Shore, when Mike butted a wall rather than have to fight Ronnie. The backstory is Mike had a crush on Ronnie's girl since season 1. He tried to break them up, by causing rumours and drama. Mike thought he was all tough in season 5 out of nowhere, taking karate lessons and fighting in clubs when I say fighting, hiding behind security after starting a fight). All the housemates had enough of him, Ronnie wanted to hit him, Situation put on a show of aggression, but rather than fight him, butted a wall instead. He then got an ambulance to hospital, came back and spent two days with a neck brace pretending to be hurt and everyone ignored him lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFRSINPpJZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mtm8maK1iY
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    LOL you stupid people :D

Its a reality show, you do know it is not all genuine right? There are several news articles stating it is staged. Obviously some parts are real but not all of it

For the record, that Mike Ronnie fight im pretty 90% sure is fake. Im sure i read somewhere they done several takes to do the scene
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Handers wrote: »
    There is a huge difference between shagging someone while drunk who you don't really care about and having genuine feelings for one. The previous for most people not being a sustainable lifestyle. Just because he acted one way on a different show at a different time does not mean he is not being real in the house as you see him now. He is finally maturing and considering something new in his life by seeking someone he would like to have longer term. Exactly what you hope most people eventually do. Step out of his past.

I think it is fair to even the playing field a bit. There has been links and posts about "proving" that Danica is just out to rinse guys but complete denial and ignorance about what the Situation does which in my opinion is worse. Going out and sleeping with people and trying to manipulate drunk girls to get famous is worse to me than being nice to people in order to get gifts off them. I'm not saying I think Danica's job is something I would personally do but good on her.

I also don't think that we see enough of the show to really get an insight into the relationship between the two, we weren't really shown how close they were until it was intense flirt time and even then that could literally be 5 mins out of 24 hours.
    Forum Member
    Jstar wrote: »

Its a reality show, you do know it is not all genuine right? There are several news articles stating it is staged. Obviously some parts are real but not all of it

For the record, that Mike Ronnie fight im pretty 90% sure is fake. Im sure i read somewhere they done several takes to do the scene

It's obvious that some of it is manipulated in some way during editing but there are parts that are real in the show. What I was trying to say with the thread is that he isn't all sunshine and rainbows, he also has another side to him that people are happy to ignore while other people are vilified because he is acting the victim. He isn't clueless!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jstar wrote: »

But if the show is fake then Mike and the cast deserve a lot of respect as actors coz it looks VERY real.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I agree. Jersey Shore is quite scripted and throughout it the rest of the housemates throw everything at Sitch and what happens is that he lashes out and not necessarily in a good way as he is quite insecure. With the women he brings home.. They are up for it.. The strangest thing is that he asks them if they want comfy clothes and if they are hungry!! He then gets them a taxi after..
    This is a differnt world to mine and sometimes I try to look beyond the persona. Think am watching way too much reality tv haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andavhay wrote: »
    I think it is fair to even the playing field a bit. There has been links and posts about "proving" that Danica is just out to rinse guys but complete denial and ignorance about what the Situation does which in my opinion is worse. Going out and sleeping with people and trying to manipulate drunk girls to get famous is worse to me than being nice to people in order to get gifts off them. I'm not saying I think Danica's job is something I would personally do but good on her.

I also don't think that we see enough of the show to really get an insight into the relationship between the two, we weren't really shown how close they were until it was intense flirt time and even then that could literally be 5 mins out of 24 hours.

You do realize a large percentage of people go clubbing and try and get laid every weekend. Only difference Mike is helped by being famous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    He was trying to play her? In what way? Was he just feigning that he was interested in her, reeled her in and out, and then dumped her to go after someone else?

You put way too much faith in there being "reality" in a fairly scripted program where they are encouraged to get drunk, party, and act a fool.

He offered her a ticket to the MTV awards - in return for sex, only he didn't make that part clear, but eventually D twigged what he was up to and told him that wasn't available.

Then he not only dumped her but organised a posse against her, humiliated Lorenzo, and continued to make frequent snide remarks.

I think his marketing team were hoping to launch him in the UK with a nicer boy image than he has in the US. Only he isn't nice, he just still has his milk teeth.

The first eviction he was up he was fave to go and went on to get second highest votes and now is unreachable in the odds. It's an industry. Brand Situation $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrscross wrote: »
    Anybody that has watched Jersey Shore would know that Mike has portrayed himself very differently in BB ..... he has tried to come across as a sweet innocent American boy who doesnt really understand much of what is going on ...... and he has the nerve to call Danica 'fake' :mad::mad:

Mike is very much disliked by the rest of the Js cast because of his behaviour and attitude and for anyone to say its because he earns more than them is clutching at straws IMO
    You don't think that perhaps having gone through rehab, and not drinking and partying can change how a person behaves? Do you still act like you did when you were 25?
  • Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MiniMeToo wrote: »
    how come all the Danika fans say don't judge her by what she does on the outside, which I don't, so why is it ok to judge Mike on how he acted in a scripted show?

Yeah, 'cos no-one judges Danica on what she did before she came in...
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the guy. Anyone who has fallen for his innocent boy act really needs to open their eyes. I hope he is out tonight - sick of seeing him and hearing his stupid name.
    I know. Aren't stupid names ridiculous, Ms. Bloodlust?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hosai wrote: »
    You do realize a large percentage of people go clubbing and try and get laid every weekend. Only difference Mike is helped by being famous.

So, Mike scores with gullible, drunken women on the basis that he's famous, but that's OK...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    I know. Aren't stupid names ridiculous, Ms. Bloodlust?

Trying to compare a username on a forum to some idiot calling himself The situation in real life. Ha, that must be the weakest retort I've seen on here for a good while.
  • thelukestar619thelukestar619 Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imo which i probably get hated on for and called a fool or what ever i thin the mike we see in bb is the real mike and in jersey shore he is more of a character and its ott to bring in viewers just my opinion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, Mike scores with gullible, drunken women on the basis that he's famous, but that's OK...

Well usually everyone in a club is slightly drunk. In what way are they gullible? Surely all male celebs are helped by their fame in getting laid?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MiniMeToo wrote: »

because they are hypocrites and blindly support there favorite and don't understand logic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im guessing you guys don't like what i do some weekends then whats bad about going out and hooking up with a girl if there up for it he isn't tricking them into having sex with him you do know people do this regularly not just mike he just gets it a lot more because he is famous you people need to leave the house more often
    Forum Member
    Hosai wrote: »

I'm not stupid. All I'm saying is that he goes out with the purpose of manipulating women into bed with him for a tv show and to gain more notoriety and therefore fame.

He might be helped by being famous now but that wasn't how it was in the beginning.

I'm not saying it's wrong to go out and have a laugh and try to "get laid" at the weekend, what I'm trying to say is that he has used his ability to get drunk girls to sleep with him to get rich and famous and I think that is wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andavhay wrote: »
    I'm not stupid. All I'm saying is that he goes out with the purpose of manipulating women into bed with him for a tv show and to gain more notoriety and therefore fame.

He might be helped by being famous now but that wasn't how it was in the beginning.

I'm not saying it's wrong to go out and have a laugh and try to "get laid" at the weekend, what I'm trying to say is that he has used his ability to get drunk girls to sleep with him to get rich and famous and I think that is wrong.

I'm not sure he's "used that to get famous". I'm not sure how Jersey Shore started but presumably they just wanted to put eight party animal types in a house. So Mike I'm guessing auditioned and got in.
    If you mean its wrong as in immoral then I disagree, if you mean its wrong that someone should be famous just for doing that then I guess I agree but thats how fame is with the reality tv boom.