Options

The Walking Dead Season 4 [US Pace]

Comments

• Options
    excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    So you think Carol double tapped the gal - once in the eye and once in the mouth, just to be sure of her deadness ?! ;-)

iiuc what we saw was the reshot version, originally Carol was carrying a shovel when she "went for a stroll with the gal" but that was felt a little too much for viewers. :o

No I mean that whoever destroyed the painting (if it was their house) symbolically had the the old "see no evil" phrase in mind. Judging by the fact that the painting in the house was obviously destroyed prior to the events that occurred at the grove.

Hence the somewhat logical explanation at this chronological link.

However, at this point its not been confirmed that the images in the link are correct but its a neat hypothesis.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It still made more sense for Lizzie to have killed Karen & David than Carol and for Lizzie to be sitting watching them turn, Carol catching her in the act and dragging them outside.
    It never made sense to me. Lizzie didn't go around killing random people. Karen and David were victims because they had the flu, and Lizzie wouldn't have killed them to help the community. If she had, she'd have let them turn; yet even she knows that having flu-infected zombies walking around would not be a good thing. And she knew whatever adult found them would kill them, so what's the point? Plus if she'd killed them and Carol had burned them, there'd surely be sign of it in their relationship.

It did make sense for Carol to kill them. Carol has become capable of it. Her willingness to practice Caesarians on zombies speaks to her coldness. She told Andrea to have sex with the Governor and then murder him in his sleep, because that's what Carol would done. She does what's necessary, and if necessary she does it in secret. She repaired the well, and she taught the children. There were plenty of prior examples. I figured out it was her before the show told us, because it fit her character so well.
    I don't think (m)any of us could have imagined any scenario in which Carol could have admitted to Tyreese to the murders/deaths back at the prison, which would have resulted in Tyreese forgiving Carol, and them walking off (almost) hand-in-hand together, that's great character storytelling... I think it'll be non-stop action up to the finale now, though.
    At the time I argued that Rick was wrong to cast out Carol partly because I believed that when the time came, Tyreese would forgive her. I couldn't see him doing anything else.

Anyway, I'm glad it's out of the way. This episode cleared up a lot of loose ends.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd mention it cos I don't think anybody else has...

The scene at the start, and later on, with Lizzie "playing" with the zombie kid was just flat-out properly creepy.

That is all.
  • Options
    bestevezbestevez Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Just thought I'd mention it cos I don't think anybody else has...

The scene at the start, and later on, with Lizzie "playing" with the zombie kid was just flat-out properly creepy.

That is all.

I agree. And was I the only one that thought "turn the kettle off first" when Carol rushed into the garden? :blush:
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bestevez wrote: »
    I agree. And was I the only one that thought "turn the kettle off first" when Carol rushed into the garden? :blush:

Probably! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killary45 wrote: »
    What the show needs is a plot.

I agree that just an endless series of battles against Zombies gets boring, if there is no progression in the story, that is why we need a plot.

It is as if the writers have no idea what to do next and are just marking time and competing with each other to see who can create the cheapest episode to film.

If you want to watch a show where it is clear that the writers make it up as they go along, go watch American Horror Story. TWD isn't that kind of show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    excelents wrote: »
    Upon closer inspection ...

See no evil, speak no evil :cool: - but the ears are not covered so she hears the evil side of things maybe ?

"I can hear them, they just want me to change to make be like them ..."

"Judith can change too, I was just about ..."

This is very cool. I love the symbolism in the last few episodes and the subtle cross-overs. I hadn't picked up on this one. Very clever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Killary45 wrote: »
    What the show needs is a plot.

I agree that just an endless series of battles against Zombies gets boring, if there is no progression in the story, that is why we need a plot.

It is as if the writers have no idea what to do next and are just marking time and competing with each other to see who can create the cheapest episode to film.

The plot is that the group has been separated and we're now seeing the battles that the splinters have to deal with.

I don't understand why there are still so many zombies. Don't they die from lack of food?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The symbolism has really had my mind boggling since those links were posted. It has freaked me out and I love feeling freaked out. I did have a small thought whether those photos in the house had some meaning, but never that it would perhaps be an indicator of Lizzie's eventual downfall.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kine wrote: »

I don't understand why there are still so many zombies. Don't they die from lack of food?

I doubt the Walkers actually need the food they eat to survive.

They'll rot away eventually* but until then they'll just keep going with or without food.

*Of course more will appear as living people die.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    I doubt the Walkers actually need the food they eat to survive.

They'll rot away eventually* but until then they'll just keep going with or without food.

*Of course more will appear as living people die.

Don't forget there is also the problem where there are too many zombies so when they capture someone they eat most of the body and even if they turn into a zombie, they won't be mobile zombies.
  • Options
    excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a nitpick as such but the reason they are not called Zombies is that the writers have stated on various occasions that the characters inhabiting the TWD universe had no conception of the "horror genre" i.e books, films, ghosts etc before the outbreak.

Which piqued my curiosity when Tyresse and Carol were discussing the "haunting / haunted" theme in their conversation prior to discovering Lizzie's handy work with Mika.

Yes I know, too much time on my hands lol :cool:
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    At the time I argued that Rick was wrong to cast out Carol partly because I believed that when the time came, Tyreese would forgive her. I couldn't see him doing anything else.

Anyway, I'm glad it's out of the way. This episode cleared up a lot of loose ends.

Tyrese said he forgave Carol but he wouldn't forget. I wonder if this will be relevant in the future?
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a nitpick as such but the reason they are not called Zombies is that the writers have stated on various occasions that the characters inhabiting the TWD universe had no conception of the "horror genre" i.e books, films, ghosts etc before the outbreak.

Which piqued my curiosity when Tyresse and Carol were discussing the "haunting / haunted" theme in their conversation prior to discovering Lizzie's handy work with Mika.

Which is interesting, and makes me wonder if in certain parts of America New Orleans and other places, with voodoo practices and the actual real zombie term...are they called zombies there? Makes you wonder.
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    It never made sense to me. Lizzie didn't go around killing random people. Karen and David were victims because they had the flu, and Lizzie wouldn't have killed them to help the community. If she had, she'd have let them turn; yet even she knows that having flu-infected zombies walking around would not be a good thing. And she knew whatever adult found them would kill them, so what's the point? Plus if she'd killed them and Carol had burned them, there'd surely be sign of it in their relationship.

They were quite clearly pointing the finger at Lizzie from early on , remember the reaction to her dads death and compare that to the death of her favourite walker who she'd given a name to and depicted in a drawing. It was Karen and David that were on the fences when it was put down . They showed Lizzie taking Carol's knife just before the bodies were found .Lizzie's motive would have been revenge , not to bring them back but to punish them for killing her new friend .
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the Grove. What I liked was watching Tyreese as the episode developed. Rick had asked Daryl what he thought Tyreese would do when he found out as he nearly killed him for no reason at all.

As time went on he realized that Carol was prepared to do what was necessary. They didn't even discuss who was to kill Lizzie. He could not do it. Hence when Carol finally confessed he realized that she had to do what she did and so forgave her. Without this scenario playing out he would not have.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member

I didn't know that. Thanks.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started catching up. God. Rick is unbearable - I never realised it before. The way he talks... He never spoke like that when he was in Afterlife. Like he makes his voice really deep, and it's just so fake with barely no emotion? :s He just grunts his way through the episodes. He doesn't even cry. He just groans and then groans "Carl. Carl. Carl". Ugh.

Actually struggling to watch it.

I did really like the 2 episodes spent following the Governor, though. I actually began to like him, where as I wasn't a fan last series.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a fantastic episode this week, back to form - not that the last few weeks haven't been interesting for the character development, but this week was dramatic and eventful, with a lot of loose ends tied up.

I'm not a medic or anything but I did think, when Lizzie was told to count the flowers, that she was autistic; she displayed some traits on the autistic spectrum (I know quite a few autistic children ... I'm not at all saying they are psycho killers :D ... just that some of her mannerisms and behaviour came over as somewhere on the autistic spectrum).

So good to have Carol back and showing so many sides of her nature, the nurturing and the tough woman who does what needs to be done. The softer side was nice to see, she did appear to be so hardened to everything, but she expressed so many emotions in this episode, it was nice to see her humanity still intact, if a little buried.

If anybody in this show deserves an Emmy, she does.
  • Options
    grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an amazing episode, although I did wonder whether they should've taken the route of trying to condition Lizzie into being a really effective killer over time; work to her strengths and all that.

:confused::o
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it was just the zombie genre that didn't exist, rather than the horror genre as a whole.

I'm not saying you're wrong, you're probably right. :)
  • Options
    Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an amazing episode, although I did wonder whether they should've taken the route of trying to condition Lizzie into being a really effective killer over time; work to her strengths and all that.

Yeah like get an adult to teach her some sort of Code. Have her pre-select the victims to make sure they deserve it. Get her an adopted sister seeing as she killed her real *sibling*. Then she can get a role in the ZA society that plays to her interests, maybe a zombie spatter analyst.

And then once she's served her purpose she can just disappear into a storm at sea. Before becoming a Lumberjack.

Damn, that's how The Walking Dead should end. Lumberjack Ending ftw.
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare_Allan wrote: »
    Yeah like get an adult to teach her some sort of Code. Have her pre-select the victims to make sure they deserve it. Get her an adopted sister seeing as she killed her real *sibling*. Then she can get a role in the ZA society that plays to her interests, maybe a zombie spatter analyst.

And then once she's served her purpose she can just disappear into a storm at sea. Before becoming a Lumberjack.

Damn, that's how The Walking Dead should end. Lumberjack Ending ftw.

So does that mean this will be the last good Season of TWD, then we can expect another 4 of pure shite? :D
  • Options
    Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    So does that mean this will be the last good Season of TWD, then we can expect another 4 of pure shite? :D

Season 7 cliffhanger will be good.
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    loved this episode,found it shocking but great that they had the guts to kill of the "kids".

The actress is great but i "hated" carol before this episode and even more now that she has murdered my 3rd fav character>:( . was hoping Lizzie would murder her,and later hoped tyrese would.

Do not usually like the episodes focused on one group,but there was 4 of them so it worked for me.

Those two,mika and Lizzie although not big parts,I'm gonna miss them.I thought Lizzie's character had lots of potential.and both actresses were pretty good too.

Those crispy walkers,while it makes sense that they are from the house fire....when they were all coming out.It looked like they were coming from a room or a space.I thought them at that time to be burned miners or railroad workers but i guess not,it just looked like they came from a dark space or an opening of some kind.