Options

Ten serious fallings out amongst TV actors

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Harry Enfield apparently didn't get on with Charlie Higson which is why the latter stopped contributing to his shows for a while.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Debrajoan wrote: »
    IMO Stallone and Willis are to acting what Gary Glitter is to baby-sitting.

That's possibly true but I have to say that against my better judgement I find myself liking Stallone as a person these days. I never liked his movies but in his interviews he comes across as the nicest guy in Hollywood with a healthy self-deprecating sense of humour. I also think he plays dumb whilst really being quite sharp.
  • Options
    BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Balthus wrote: »
    Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.

Didn't know they'd had a falling out, never watched their show either, mind.
    I suppose they count as amateur actors.
  • Options
    TootlesTheTaxiTootlesTheTaxi Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    The Carry On Team were an odd lot weren't they?

Loving this thread.

I'm a big Golden Girls fan and was really disappointed to learn that Beatrice Arthur didn't rate any of her co-stars. She used to get really annoyed with Estelle Getty who suffered with chronic stage fright and frequently forgot her lines (due to early onset dementia) and she didn't like Betty White at all, although no real reason was ever offered. (Thanks to other posters who've documented this).

She didn't like Leslie Nielsen whom she had great on screen chemistry with in the final 2 episodes. I suppose it proved what a great actress she was that she could make these warm, friendly relationships seem believable.

I heard she was jealous of Betty because Betty knew how to work a studio audience better having had a lot of experience of tv. Bea's felt the tv studio should be more like a stage with minimal interaction with the audience. Betty would delibrately act goofy to get the audience on side, which wound Bea up as she just wanted to do the show and go home.
    Curiously Wayne Rogers and Alan Alda remained good friends despite Rogers being put out by Hawkeye's expanding role.

Lara Flyn Boyle and Sherilyn Fenn didn't get on during Twin Peaks and this is said to be the reason the planned Audrey/Copper romance never happened.

Susan Saint James and Jane curtin are said to have fallen out during Kate and Allie due to the decision to give Curtin's character a husband. I've only ever seen one source for this though so don't know if it's true.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vaguely remember Sally Field saying that Tommy Lee Jones tried to kill her while making 'Back Roads'.

Great actor but he always struck me as being slightly unhinged :)
  • Options
    TheWayItIsTheWayItIs Posts: 4,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    One of the best put downs EVER was on Aspel (or another UK chat show like Wogan)
    Sean Young was going on about the movies she had made, name dropping all over the place, then Patricial Routledge came on as top billing - which clearly had not gone down well with La Young - and she kept interrupting.
    Routledge just said sweetly...." and then I got invited over to America to play the part on Broadway, and do you know they gave me the Tony award for that, which was so nice......(Turning to Young).... have you got a Tony award darling, they do look so lovely on the mantelpiece don't they ?"

I went to a Dr Who event at Longleat some years ago, and Jon Pertwee (not long before he died) was telling everyone that Tom Baker was seriously loopy and actually believed he WAS the Doctor.
    Therefore he refused to appear with any other actor who had played the doctor who came after him - as they could not be the Dr - as he thought he was.
    Note in the 50th anniversary he was billed as "The Caretaker".
    I believe TB has relaxed his attitude recently - he probably needs the money from Conventions etc.
    Although Peter Davison talking about his spoof show for the 50th, said that everyone he called from Dr Who took his call - except one person !!!

The Longleat event was in 1993, 13 years before he died.
    The spoof show for the 50th anniversary was called The Five(ish) Doctors and Tom was referenced throughout when they were afraid to call him up.
    However, the one person who didn't take Davison's call was Christopher Eccelston, unmentioned by name in the spoof.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    Not really a falling out, but Jason and Lyndhurst were initially childishly mean to Buster Merrryfield when he took over as the old git foil on OFAH . Ignoring him off the set and bad mouthing him in earshot.
    I went off both of them tossers when I heard that.

They resented him as they would anyone who took over from the much loved Lennard Pearce. However, they soon overcame their short-term resentment and had a great relationship for at least 13 years.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    TheWayItIs wrote: »
    They resented him as they would anyone who took over from the much loved Lennard Pearce. However, they soon overcame their short-term resentment and had a great relationship for at least 13 years.

The fact they attended Busters funeral says a lot for me. That is a gesture of respect
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheWayItIs wrote: »
    The Longleat event was in 1993, 13 years before he died.
    The spoof show for the 50th anniversary was called The Five(ish) Doctors and Tom was referenced throughout when they were afraid to call him up.
    However, the one person who didn't take Davison's call was Christopher Eccelston, unmentioned by name in the spoof.

Deleted post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Pat Routledge taking the **** out of the Yank then?

Hyacinth?
  • Options
    SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's possibly true but I have to say that against my better judgement I find myself liking Stallone as a person these days. I never liked his movies but in his interviews he comes across as the nicest guy in Hollywood with a healthy self-deprecating sense of humour. I also think he plays dumb whilst really being quite sharp.

So true.

I remember seeing an interview with him and Kurt Russell shortly after they made Tango & Cash. I expected Kurt Russell to be erudite and interesting and Stallone to be a bumbling fool. I was so wrong. Stallone was interesting, smart and funny and Kurt Russell was boring.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Steven Berkoff may be a great actor, but he's not the easiest person to work
    with - apparently he had lengthy arguments with Laura Pyper during the
    shooting of "Headrush".
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily Lloyd and Woody Allen, Bruce Willis.

Wow, there's an actress that I'd forgotten all about. It's a bit sad to see what has happened to her though and I guess that that the recent death of her father won't have helped her mental health problems.
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roger Moore and Grace Jones in a View to a Kill didn't get on I read somewhere

And Clark Cable and Vivien Leigh could not stand each other on the set of Gone With the Wind (though Gable and Hattie McDaniel became good friends)

Judd Nelson apparently would pick on Molly Ringwald between sets on the Breakfast Club but this was believed to have been down to the director stirring it to make the tensions between the characters seem more convincing
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And Clark Cable and Vivien Leigh could not stand each other on the set of Gone With the Wind (though Gable and Hattie McDaniel became good friends)

Judd Nelson apparently would pick on Molly Ringwald between sets on the Breakfast Club but this was believed to have been down to the director stirring it to make the tensions between the characters seem more convincing

I've never read that Gable and Leigh couldn't stand each other - although I do recall reading she made some odd claims about what he'd done to her during her later spells of mental illness. I've also heard that she complained of his bad breath during love scenes. At any rate, the only tension I recall hearing about from the actual set and time of GWTW was between the leading ladies and the director.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

There seem to be a few Directors who employ stirring and tension to get the performance they want rather than acting.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Roger Moore won't even mention her name but in interviews and in his books it is quite clear who he is referring to.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't the two main actors in BBC Scotland's Still Game fall out which is why there has been no new series (sorry, can't remember their names but it was a very funny show).
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Didn't the two main actors in BBC Scotland's Still Game fall out which is why there has been no new series (sorry, can't remember their names but it was a very funny show).

They did yes but are working together again Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill are the fellas, Think they were mentioned earlier in the thread
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven Berkoff may be a great actor, but he's not the easiest person to work
    with - apparently he had lengthy arguments with Laura Pyper during the
    shooting of "Headrush".

For an actor best known as a Russian baddie in Rambo he seems to have a very high opinion of himself.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    They did yes but are working together again Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill are the fellas, Think they were mentioned earlier in the thread

Thanks, didn't have time to read all 146 posts. Does that mean there will be a new series ?
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Thanks, didn't have time to read all 146 posts. Does that mean there will be a new series ?

There's a stage show scheduled for this year but no new series planned... Yet!
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    John Thompson and Antony Cotton.

Probably most of the cast and Antony Cotton:p
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    johnathome wrote: »
    Lee Hurst and Gary Lineker on that panel show they did. Hurst despised him so much that he quit.

No he didnt

http://www.comedy.co.uk/live/circuit_training/lee_hurst_interview/