Options

Week 2 - 5 thoughts

CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
Forum Member
1) Feel sorry for Nicky being partnered with Karen - she is not endearing and that Cha Cha was terrible.
2) Horray for proper full training videos, no overuse of props and decent scoring.
3) Agree with Len that Kimberley wasn't great but I do love her - she's stunning.
4) Ivetta is absolutely fantastic - she really gets the purpose of the show - i.e. to be supportive. Replace Karen with her.
5) Really want Sid to do well and hope Ola improves her choreography so to show him off.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    1 Dances were not in full bloom overall due to singing (bad singing)
    2 Hope Jerry or Richard leave
    3 The best dance of the night was Denise
    4 Would prefer Iveta paired with Nicky and Karen with Johnny
    5 Pasha is hot hot hot
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    1. Oh Tess.....
    2. Great to have the proper training VT's back
    3. So disappointed in Nicky and Karen - She does him NO favours. Awful choreography and ZERO connection.
    4. Lots of REALLY good dances and some REALLY awful!
    6. Louis and Flavia.... Loved them tonight! Gorgeous choreography, NO faffing about, and a really nice connection between them. :)
  • Options
    PurpleTurtlePurpleTurtle Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 - Was Michael's dance meant to be a comedy routine? Well, it succeeded 'cause I was wetting myself :D
    2 - Yay, Vicky did it!
    3 - More "cuddly and sweet Artem" please :o
    4 - Part of me wants to dislike Denise for being a RINGAH, but she can bloody dance!
    5 - If Richard isn't in the dance-off, it'll be a bigger escape act that anything Houdini did
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    1. Did Tess misplace her lipstick?
    2. The first props: in just two dances, but alas. Here we go. :-(
    3. I quite enjoyed Michael's Jive. And he did, too, which made it even better.
    4. Darcey does like hip movement.
    5. Louis is going to loosen up, slowly but surely, under Flavia's nurturing, and the results are going to be amazing.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    1 - Was Michael's dance meant to be a comedy routine? Well, it succeeded 'cause I was wetting myself :D
    2 - Yay, Vicky did it!
    3 - More "cuddly and sweet Artem" please :o
    4 - Part of me wants to dislike Denise for being a RINGAH, but she can bloody dance!
    5 - If Richard isn't in the dance-off, it'll be a bigger escape act that anything Houdini did

BIB ...so true....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    1) Fully onboard with all the Iveta love, shes wonderful and hope she replaces Karen next year
    2) Pasha looked much hotter this week :o
    3) Once again, Lisa did brilliant :) Would absolutely love to see her in the final
    4) Michael has to stay, that wasnt technically brilliant but was so much fun :D
    5) Dani pleasantly surprised me, wasn't expecting much but she did well
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Costumes were positively bilious...
    2. ...as was the band (and I am not a moaner of the singing by habit).
    3. Why are you expecting so much from Kimberley Len? Was she a dancer prior to singing for a living?
    4. Michael gave the most enjoyable bad dance ever. I like him!
    5. Nicky is coming in for a lot of stick. What's that all about?
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Does Karen know it was meant to be a cha-cha?
    2. Denise and James are an inspired pairing and I love them to bits
    3. No stupid VT's - there is a god!
    4. Victoria is being given the fragile Princess treatment
    5. Colin and Kristina are great but not together - the height is spoiling it
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    1. I love cuddly Artem a little too much :o
    2. I like Jerry less every time she comes on screen
    3. It's like Ola had a list of everything I never wanting to see Ricky Butcher do
    4. Denise was the of the night but needs to be even better for me to overlook how much they annoy me
    5. Michael's Jive was brilliantly awful I hope get a good few weeks of them.
  • Options
    BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Standard is a bit rubbish this year - more meh than yeh
    2. Oh dear Nicky, Karen isnt doing him any favours... bye bye
    3. Ola is so lovely and a fab teacher (james should thank her for still being in the show)
    4. Louis really listening to feedback (from judges and via twitter) and really tried to smile more - partnership and connection better this week.
    5. Tess looks like she was dressed in an Ann Summers sale item
  • Options
    Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Loved Denise's jive best dance of the night, but couldn't help thinking 'this woman is far to much of a pro for this program'. Not knocking her, it just stood out a lot for me.

2) Loved Lisa's dance very much, very elegant and graceful, and she has shown she can do ballroom now as well.

3) The band made Love Shack sound awful.

4) The seams on Tess's dress were discombobulating.

5) Thought Johnny improved a lot.
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Karen's choreography is dreadful.
    2. Iveta is lovely - she doesn't try to hog the limelight, just tries to support her partner.
    3. I quite loved Michael's Jive. :o
    4. Jerry takes relaxed to a whole new level.
    5. It was really nice for Victoria to come back and dance quite a nice Foxtrot.
  • Options
    serafimoserafimo Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Loved Louis and Flavia
    2. But he needs a new haircut
    3. I can't warm to Denise at all
    4. Michael was the most amusing thing I've seen for ages
    5. Can we please keep Iveta
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Pleasantly surprised by how well Tracey Beaker came back after last week.
    2. Not even Anton deserves to be partnered with Jerry Hall.
    3. Do we think there are any heels that Victoria would be comfortable dancing in?
    4. Michael & Natalie's jive was the comedy masterpiece I've been waiting for to kick my love for this series into drive
    5. Karen should probably be looking for work between September and December next year already.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Dani was the surprise of the night for me. So much better than last week. A decent Salsa I thought (despite a couple of ungainly landings).

2. Sid, Michael and Jerry were terrible but hugely entertaining. I want all three of them to stay for as long as possible.

3. I gave Karen another chance but she messed up again. Awful choice of music and choreography. Nicky looks frustrated and I don't blame him.

4. Forget both Arlene and Alesha. I wish we'd had Darcey right from the start. She's fitted in perfectly and gives excellent advice.

5. I want Richard Arnold out first. He's trying too hard (in every respect) and it's getting on my nerves. But I reckon it'll be Jerry or Johnny who go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. A bit of a 'meh' show in that the standard seemed lower than the last show.
    2. Several quite bad dances, but Nicky's was the worst.
    3. On the other hand, I really like Iveta. She hasn't exactly got much to work with, but didn't show him up like Karen did with Nicky's solo dancing.
    4. I still like Denise, her Jive was the best dance of the night, and I still don't buy into this 'ringer' argument.
    5. I hope someone boring goes: Richard or Jerry is my preference, but I have a feeling Johnny gets the chop.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Richard and Erin's outfits. Why?
    2. Richard and Erin's cha cha cha. Why?
    3. Karen. Null points. You are this year's Hayley Holt with added 'tude. Trust me, this is not a good thing.
    4. Jerry's "lazy Texan" schtick is getting old. Fast. That's "f-a-s-t", Jerry. Ask Anton if he can introduce you to the concept sometime.
    5. If that's the standard of dancing this year, thank God for the RINGAH.
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I don't think Richard is very good but I don't want him to go because Erin is my favourite pro.
    2. Very happy that Victoria did well tonight. Hopefully that settles the nerves.
    3. Surprised that Craig was the judge who gave the higher marks.
    4. I think Louis is a good dancer but I find him a bit bland so far.
    5. Lisa proved that she can dance latin and ballroom.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Well done Louis :)

2) Doesn't Brendan just love a woman who is soooo needy :rolleyes:

3) Pasha must have fingertip bruising Kimberley was hung on so tight and muscle strain from keep shoving her arm up :D

4) Has Nicky learned a single step yet :confused:

5) Denise soo annoying and so yesterday :yawn: but heck she can dance :o
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 I love Iveta. Can she please replace Karen?
    2 I want Michael to stay
    3 STFU Bruce!
    4 I loved Louis & Flavia's VW.
    5 Yay for Victoria.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) don't particularly like Denise, but that was amazing
    2) Sometimes I feel so sorry for a celeb, Nicky's score was purely down to the crapness of Karen's choreography and not how well he danced it. Also what kind of idiot makes him dance first 1/3 on his own after he was absolutely mauled by the judges last week? :rolleyes::mad:
    3) love, love, love Fern & Artem, so adorable together.
    4) I thought Kimberley forgot as much of her routine this week as Victoria did last week but because of Pasha's hold it was easier to hide. :confused:
    5) love to see Louis & Flavia's partnership warming up. Loved his cheesy smile at the end too, he is 23 after all. :o:D
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    1. Michael, please never jive again, ever, ever, ever

2. Iveta, please stay, I have a girl crush on you and you're lovely and doing great work with Johnny, and COME BACK NEXT YEAR

3. Karen, sorry love, but be gone, you've got real potential in your partner, but you're messing up badly, honestly, we lost Katya for you?

4. Fern, please get through, loving the new cuddly Artem and I like you two together.

5. Denise and James' jive was great, and I like James so :p to the lot of ya!
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Well done Louis :)

2) Doesn't Brendan just love a woman who is soooo needy :rolleyes:

3) Pasha must have fingertip bruising Kimberley was hung on so tight and muscle strain from keep shoving her arm up :D

4) Has Nicky learned a single step yet :confused:

5) Denise soo annoying and so yesterday :yawn: but heck she can dance :o

Good point about Brendan; I was thinking that earlier. He adored Jo Wood who was like a breathy little girl and now we've got Princess Victoria who I suspect is hard as granite but winding him round her little finger with her neediness. He also loved Natasha Kaplinsky who had a similar quality. He has always disliked anybody feisty. (And I don't include Lulu in that group - she was just bonkers)
  • Options
    VirgilHiltsVirgilHilts Posts: 2,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) One or two of the judges haven't taken to Karen at all.
    2) The judges have been giving mixed messages to Richard: ballroom = not camp enough; Latin = too camp.
    3) Michael's dance was so bad it scored the same as Victoria not dancing.
    4) James Jordan doesn't have an imaginative bone in his body.
    5) If the winner isn't Denise or Louis I'll be very very surprised.
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I like Sid
    2. I like Iveta
    3. I like Denise
    4. I like Jerry
    5. I like Lisa