Louis deserves to win as much as the others

Comments

• bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why shouldnt he win when he is such a good role model despite everything.
    Found a lovely article here
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/dec/15/louis-smith-gymnast-interview
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think any of the couples left are obvious champions. None of them have produced wow dances that will aways be remembered like Jill's jive for example. I don't know whether the choice of music, the ability of the celebs, the choreography or the lack of chemistry is to blame. Perhaps all of those may have contributed. The producers may prefer to keep us guessing but I feel the champion will just be the most popular out of the four. Not excited about the final at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Technically Denise is the most competent but too predictable for me. I find her boring and cold. With Dani, I cant stand that petulant spoilt child look, she needs to get away from Tracy Beaker persona. Kimberley same as Denise does nothing for me. Lisa I can laugh at and think she has oodles of personality but no elegance.

So I think Louis should win, personality is in the eye of the beholder. I think he has a personality, he is shy, polite and doesnt go on about his ADHD and how hard life has been for him. He has taken on a commitment by doing SCD and will see it through.:)
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    He's tried very hard and followed instructions. He certainly does deserve to win. But they're all pretty much of a muchness in that respect. There isn't anyone who hasn't put in the effort.
  • grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I don't think he will win, although I would like him to win. Too many people voting for Kimberley because of Pasha. All Kim does is pout. If measuring progress made by each contestant than Louis has made the most progress. Did he not start from scratch? Dani, Kim and Denise already had exposure to SCD type of dancing and acting. Well Dani should be much better than she is in her performance, she had a head start when it comes to story telling.

Well said - that's the main reason I was drawn to him, Michael and Jerry at the beginning. But after the first couple of weeks, they have to prove themselves. Both Louis and Michael came up trumps.

I personally found Louis intriguing: his background, his reserved personality and the journey he would need to complete to succeed on Strictly. Has he had a smooth ride, absolutely not but I definitely think he's had the longest 'j' on Strictly.

All the finalists (contestants) are there to further their careers in musical theatre, tv etc - careers they have trained for and have gained lots of experience. Only Louis is looking for a completely new career in the media - I doubt if musical theatre is what he's looking for, but the exposure will help any tv media career that comes his way. So once again, imo, he has gain the most and gone on the longest journey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    poshtamfan wrote: »
    I don't think any of the couples left are obvious champions. None of them have produced wow dances that will aways be remembered like Jill's jive for example. I don't know whether the choice of music, the ability of the celebs, the choreography or the lack of chemistry is to blame. Perhaps all of those may have contributed. The producers may prefer to keep us guessing but I feel the champion will just be the most popular out of the four. Not excited about the final at all.

I pretty much agree with this.

Although I think whoever of the 5 last night get to the final will 'deserve' it - but like you say, not one of them is an obvious champion.

I think Louis will win because he is the most popular. Which is fine! he's a lovely guy and I wouldn't begrudge him, despite his dances not being my favourites.

But I like usually one of the best dancers to win and of the 5 dancing last night, he is 4 out of 5 for me.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I used to think Louis would be the winner by far! Especially when the first few threads about Denise (and not liking her) came up because, once you take her the running to win as best dancer, he seemed the next best dancer to win.

But in the last three weeks I think Kimberely has come from behind Louis and Dani to really show herself as a contender. I've liked Dani more as a personality and as a very decent dancer herself, but Kimberely adding MUCH more personality and chaaracter to the dances now as made me enage with her much more than before. Before she was in the danceoff I thought she was a decent dancer and her and Louis seemed pretty similar to me, in the sense that they could both dance (still with need to technically improve obviously) but both lacked any really personality/emotion to their dancing (for different reasons). I think she was too uptight to show any emotion and he was just not used to showing it, so they both an opeing few weeks were their dancing looking fairly souless. Now though, they've both shown more emotion and personality in their dancing but, with Kimbereley, she (as Bruno more or less said) is letting dancing run through her which makes her now so much more enjoyable to watch. Originally I put her sort of in the Rachel Stevens box where it's good dancing but no emotional connection there (even though admittingly I though Rachel was a lovely dancer with lovely technique at times). But while Louis is showing more dancing emotion and personality, it looks more enjoyable to watch with Kimberely.

So now I think I'd prefer Kimberely to win over Dani (which I didn't think I say) and prefer Dani to win over Louis (which was always the case. I used to think Dani, then Louis then Kimberely would be the correct order (left Denise out because of her unpopulairy). But now it's Kimberely, Dani and Louis. Or Kim adn Dani tied, and then Louis. But obv whoever performs better on the day of the final deserves to win as all of them now, apart from Lisa, do.

I'd quite like to see Louis's street dancing (as that the guy from JLS said he did) he'd probably have some good moves to display.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gritty wrote: »
    Well said - that's the main reason I was drawn to him, Michael and Jerry at the beginning. But after the first couple of weeks, they have to prove themselves. Both Louis and Michael came up trumps.

I personally found Louis intriguing: his background, his reserved personality and the journey he would need to complete to succeed on Strictly. Has he had a smooth ride, absolutely not but I definitely think he's had the longest 'j' on Strictly.

All the finalists (contestants) are there to further their careers in musical theatre, tv etc - careers they have trained for and have gained lots of experience. Only Louis is looking for a completely new career in the media - I doubt if musical theatre is what he's looking for, but the exposure will help any tv media career that comes his way. So once again, imo, he has gain the most and gone on the longest journey.

Absolutely:)
  • poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other celebs may be the better performers, but I think Louis might be the best competitor, thanks to his gymnastics career.

For 4 years he trained in order that he could pull out his best performance at a given point in time when it was most needed at the Olympics and I am intrigued as to whether he can do the same if he gets to the final of SCD.
    Forum Member
    I read an article where he said (and I'm serious and believe he was too) that he wanted to do a realit TV show like Peter Andre.

Now, I've never seen anything with Peter Andre so I'm perhaps poorly-qualified to comment but....I don't imagine that's the sort of TV I (or anyone I know) would watch.

*snooty?moi?*
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read an article where he said (and I'm serious and believe he was too) that he wanted to do a realit TV show like Peter Andre.

Now, I've never seen anything with Peter Andre so I'm perhaps poorly-qualified to comment but....I don't imagine that's the sort of TV I (or anyone I know) would watch.

*snooty?moi?*

Depends, if it was a reality show following his career i.e. journey for the next Olympics' or whatever else, then it might be interesting to see (I always liked watched the Olga or Nadia stuff that comes out). But if it actually was like Petere Andre then it might be a cringe fest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*snooty?moi?*

Poor thing, surely not. He will definately need to work on speaking out and jazz up his confidence level. Sometime I wonder if people don't get Louis because he is so painfully shy IMO. I get the feeling he is feeling a little lost too and because he is not confrontational he doesn't challenge Craigs nasty comments. IMO Louis should make more of his gymnastics. I like him and hope he gets far after his gymnastic career is over.
    Forum Member
    Something along the lines of cameras just following him around?

I don't know. I like him. I like his movement. But I don't see him as the next big thing any more than Harry Judd was.

We've had the Limpix. Can't we find someone else to focus on?
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor thing, surely not. He will definately need to work on speaking out and jazz up his confidence level. Sometime I wonder if people don't get Louis because he is so painfully shy IMO. I get the feeling he is feeling a little lost too and because he is not confrontational he doesn't challenge Craigs nasty comments. IMO Louis should make more of his gymnastics. I like him and hope he gets far after his gymnastic career is over.

I kind of think had done in his own humourous understated way. I loved the way when Craig was showing his thumb last night that Louis replied is that a thumbs up :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Louis is the only dancer I truly look forward to seeing every week. I don't care about his so-called lack of acting skills- I think he's great on the dance floor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I kind of think had done in his own humourous understated way. I loved the way when Craig was showing his thumb last night that Louis replied is that a thumbs up :D

Oh yeh, that was the first time I saw him come out of himself.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeh, that was the first time I saw him come out of himself.:)

I think he has made a joke of Craig's nastiness/pernicketiness before but this time it was directly to his face. I think he's very clever making light of it because if he was too confrontational about it he'd no doubt be slated for not being able to take criticisim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he has made a joke of Craig's nastiness/pernicketiness before but this time it was directly to his face. I think he's very clever making light of it because if he was too confrontational about it he'd no doubt be slated for not being able to take criticisim.

True:)
  • beaky29beaky29 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    hansue wrote: »
    I think it was a shame that Louis had the jive last night. I would imagine it is an easier dance for females to do and I think he redeemed himself with his foxtrot. I hope he stays and that we see him do the AT with Flavia. I think he will be good at that. Also, he is not in the entertainment business which I think gives an advantage when performing a dance.

I for one would like him to win.

Agree whole heartedly. The jive is a tough dance especially when it was a two dance week.
    Let's hope the show dance is spectacular and he breezes into the top spot!
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beaky29 wrote: »
    Agree whole heartedly. The jive is a tough dance especially when it was a two dance week.
    Let's hope the show dance is spectacular and he breezes into the top spot!

Please forgive my ignorance.:o

I heard references last night to a show dance and I don't know what it is.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please forgive my ignorance.:o

I heard references last night to a show dance and I don't know what it is.:o

A show dance or free style is a dance in which the pro creates a routine for their celebrity which can incorporate any styles of dance they choose - it can be the ballroom/latin styles the celeb has learnt over the series or they can also throw in some other styles too like hip hop or contemporary. They're also free to add in spectacular lifts. Here's some examples of good showdances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbIXck78IuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZrTyJ14d0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9UzwQVVmu4
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    poshtamfan wrote: »

The winner of the final has to be the most popular out of the four. That's the way the final works.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A show dance or free style is a dance in which the pro creates a routine for their celebrity which can incorporate any styles of dance they choose - it can be the ballroom/latin styles the celeb has learnt over the series or they can also throw in some other styles too like hip hop or contemporary. They're also free to add in spectacular lifts. Here's some examples of good showdances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbIXck78IuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZrTyJ14d0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9UzwQVVmu4

Thank you Topaz.:)
  • fairblokefairbloke Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I like Louis as a person, he seems the sensible type, and quite modest. But his recent dancing.....

It's not been up to scratch. His jive last night was quite awful. He may have dressed the part, but that was all. He was out of time on occasions, his posture looked ugly, and generally tired-looking throughout. His foxtrot however - that looked good! But I do wish he would smile. Those of you who dance foxtrot know it's something pleasurable, the Rolls-Royce of the ballroom dances. But Louis, with that glum look on his face, made it look a chore. That said, this year's SCD has already been decided by the viewers: Louis will win. All he has to do is to turn up. It's a matter of deduction

Louis has a huge fan base. (Did I read he was always getting around 30% of the vote from the off? Whereas Denise & Kimberley it's generally around 3% - 5%?) Then there's Lisa who's always voted through because she's good entertainment value.

Regardless of how all the semi-finalists danced last night, Dani will lose out in the semi-final to either Denise or Kimberley, who will be saved by the judges. Louis will win the final because he's already been chosen by the voting public, no matter what he does, due to extreme prejudice against Denise & Kimberley, who along with Lisa are just there to make up the numbers. And that's a shame. I can't rmember a situation like this before in SCD.

Don't think I'm biased - I'm not. The one I think is best dancer will always get my vote - (dubious background/criminal record aside) no matter who he/she is, no matter what their colour, size, personality, accent or looks. That's only fair.

And that's how I look at most things in life; hence my username.
  • SueDokuSueDoku Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Topaz.:)

Here's a link to the world showdance champions in 2009 - something for the 'slebs' to aim at eh..?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huUwPpfCmNo