What a load of old crap on the tv tonight..

Comments

• linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luckily, my DVD finished just in time for MOTD. Since then, I've resorted to putting on Sky News in the background, which has been mildly amusing, as the poor newsreader seems to have been choking on and off for the last hour, and we've been treated to moments of silence whilst she gets her breath back and then she comes back on and her eyes are all watery.

Bless her, she even managed to see the funny side of it and took the mickey out of herself :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the one most people know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3gKKiTvjs

That's my drunken song of choice.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV is indeed so depressing this weekend. Tonight I decided to watch an old Inspector Morse ep on Youtube instead - they're all on there. :D
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think its the christmas come down, we are used to a bit of variety and now were back to the norm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think its the christmas come down, we are used to a bit of variety and now were back to the norm

I didn't see much worth watching over Christmas except after midnight for some reason, I've been watching DVDs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I thought the TV was awful over Christmas but last night I was so bored I actually turned the TV and went back to my work! Unheard of! I hope tonight is a bit better....
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    I agree. Not one programme worth watching on bbc1 since Thursday. very unusual for there to be absolutely nothing on either of the main channels during a weekend.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    Get Netflix. There is plenty of choice then.

Virginmedia on demand provide pretty much anything now on nights like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe how bad it was last night.terrible!!i had to resort to Spiceworld over on the christmas channel :(
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    The stupid thing about last night was that it was not a typical Saturday for most people, i.e. there were lots of people who would normally be out on a Saturday night who weren't, either because they were with family or they were trying to save a bit of money. That would have meant a potentially huge captive TV audience, had the broadcasters realised this and shown some decent quality programmes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Never thought I would see the day I sat and watched weather programmes over what was on the terristorial channels..lol

This made me chuckle - I've been doing the same: surfing the channels and then deciding to watch the next weather report :D hmm, maybe that should be a :( instead
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave up on the Stephen King "Bag of Bones" - just went on and on. Took to my bed with a good book instead. Rubbish TV again tonight.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky I have Sky Movies for Xmas so have been watching a lot on here.
  • theiatheia Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Gave up on the Stephen King "Bag of Bones" - just went on and on. Took to my bed with a good book instead. Rubbish TV again tonight.

Same here and yet I love Stephen King, and it was the one programme that I was looking forward to last night. Think I may have to start my box set of The Wire unless tonight's television is better.
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ilovetonap wrote: »
    I thought the TV was awful over Christmas but last night I was so bored I actually turned the TV and went back to my work! Unheard of! I hope tonight is a bit better....
    I have a little computer program that scrapes the TV schedules. It then removes all the repeats, sports, soaps, celebs, reality, children's stuff, game/quiz shows and news broadcasts. After that it tells me what might *just* be worth watching - usually 4 or more programmes a day. It always dips down over christmas and it usually reports fewer shows at weekends, too. But a couple of times recently (including christmas day) it came up blank: nothing at all. Not even the computer thinks there's anything worth watching on telly :o
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Both the John Le Mesurier and the Clive Dunne documentaries are repeats.

Nothing wrong with a repeat sometimes.

I live a very busy life and often miss things when they are shown the first time.

The other programmes in my list weren't repeats.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

Apparently that was supposed to be a three part miniseries but they just stuck it all on at once. No wonder it went on!
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, don't worry, next week, ITV brings back:

TAKE ME OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the New Year, hopefully, Suits, White Collar, The Glades, Southland, Elementary, Jack Irish, Prime Suspect USA, Castle, etc., should be returning and there's several episodes of "Cold Case" I'm always willing to watch for a second time. Without the minor channels there's not a lot I'd bother to record to chose to watch or not, later.
  • charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other half went to bed early with a book.
    I watched the darts on SKY.there were two brilliant quarter final matches on.
    Recorded Match of the Day,and caught up after the darts.
    I agree that for a Saturday it was awful.
    ITV are a disgrace.
    What on earth do they do with all that revenue they get from the adverts?
    Surely they could have got a decent film.
    It is an insult to put on Love Actually at peak time on a Saturday.
    And any excuse to put another rehash of Youve Ben Framed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dire dire dire. I reckon it must be a device to get us all to buy box sets or get very drunk! yes I was watching episode 1 of Mentalbaldie (Montalbano) again rather then anything that was on. I have nine shows but as I'm only just reading number 6..I'm resisting the other three. Please O God of TV heaven let Ripper Street be some cop....
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Christmas tv used to be the best and things to look forward to, not anymore, its just lazy tv, stuff thats been on hundreds of times like two ronnies or dads army, countdown tv, best moments of whatever, and programs trying to replicate downtown abbey. Utter garbage this year.
  • oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I watched Carry on camping for what must be the 1,000th time and now on Really Outtake TV :o

Where have all the good programmes gone :mad:

Yeah. I watched Carry On Camping, but they cut out all the dirty bits! I can understand them cutting out the nudist camp bit at the beginning but they also cut out bits of Barbara Windsor fighting with Anna Karen (Olive from On The Buses)
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    Strict wrote: »
    I knew times were bad - but I didn't realise it was this bad? 30 years of CITV? Talk about scrapping the barrell. I didn't even watch that as a kid. It was either BBC1 or cartoon network..

CITV did produce a lot of quality children's television which millions enjoyed. That's why it was produced. A bit like that TISWAS Reunited show they did 5 years ago. A one-off is not scraping the barrel at all.

Celebrity Wrestling and Love Island - now *THEY* were scraping the barrel!!!

You're one of the few that didn't watch CITV or its ITV predecessors.

I was more of a CBBC kid (split about 70/30 between CBBC and CITV), but in retrospect, I accept that a lot of CITV's output was better than what I used to watch.

Get Your Own Back??? Fun House was better.

Bananaman vs. Dangermouse? Dangermouse hands down. No contest.

Did CBBC have an equivalent of Knightmare, for example? Or of How/How 2?
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Go back to the late seventies and you'd have Dr Who, The Generation Game, Some Mothers Do Ave Em, The Two Ronnies, MOTD and Parkinson, all unmissable shows. Now whenever I switch on it's 20 year old clips of cats falling off walls.

You're comparing a BBC1 Saturday night schedule of the 70s (in an era when ITV's Saturdays weren't very strong) to an ITV Saturday now, when it still isn't very good.

Saturday night TV has always been crap. (apart from The Two Ronnies you mention above).

I love old Doctor Who - but I accept it's still crap.