*** The Gina Appreciation Thread ***

Comments

• Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I'm not liking the sound of the fake eviction now, they are going to face the crowds and have an interview with Emma.

I'd rather they didn't do it that way.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I'm not liking the sound of the fake eviction now, they are going to face the crowds and have an interview with Emma.

Get Wolfie out, get wolfie out. I want to hear it loud.:D
    Forum Member
    Get Wolfie out, get wolfie out. I want to hear it loud.:D

They will need to keep their ego in check, this could be Dexter and Gina at their peak of popularity so the crowds will be loving them especially after tonight.

Also they will know that Wolfy is unpopular whereas inside the house everyone thinks she or the twins are the winners.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    It looks like most people want Gina and Dexter to go into the safe house - all the polls are around 70% for this.

I am not surprised they will really make the others spit fire when they return to the house. :)
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member

Really? Didn't know they are going to have an interview with Emma.
    They will need to keep their ego in check, this could be Dexter and Gina at their peak of popularity so the crowds will be loving them especially after tonight.

Also they will know that Wolfy is unpopular whereas inside the house everyone thinks she or the twins are the winners.

As I posted last night, I am worried about the effect the twist will have on their popularity with the public afterward. Not many people can handle such knowledge and power in that type of reality TV set up.

We can only hope the power won't go to their heads too much and they (especially Gina) can retain the 'don't care' attitude that is part of her appeal.

Edit: IMO, neither one would win anyway. Winner will probably be someone like Sam or Sophie. So Gina and Dexter have nothing to lose in that respect. So they should just enjoy whatever time they have left on the show.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiron wrote: »
    We can only hope the power won't go to their heads too much and they (especially Gina) can retain the 'don't care' attitude that is part of her appeal.

Edit: IMO, neither one would win anyway. Winner will probably be someone like Sam or Sophie. So Gina and Dexter have nothing to lose in that respect. So they should just enjoy whatever time they have left on the show.

I agree with this. As much as Gina and Dexter are my favourites, if they get to the final and it changes to a Vote for your winner, I can see Sam, Sophie or the twins winning. So yes, should just enjoy what time they have left!
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I come in peace!

I'm usually a Gina detractor, but I'm not here to ruin the appreciation thread, I hate those who do that.

Basically, I'd genuinely like to try to understand the Gina support. Most Gina discussions I have become hostile because of strong opinions on both sides, so I think this approach may let me see things from another perspective better.

I think I'd enjoy the show more if I wasn't so opposed to Gina, I do want to like her believe it or not. For example, when she hugged Jemima goodbye and clapped her, I thought "That's nice, they could at least end on civil terms", but then the "good riddance" thing ruined it.

Also, the racism thing. Upon reflection (and I believe Jemima meant no offence), Gina did have a right to feel offended, but it would have been better if she talked it through instead of going into other rooms claiming to have experienced racism, and I thought calling her a "racist bitch" was out of order.

There are moments where I like her, which is why I find it a shame when she does little things like the above moments to put me off her again. I don't think she's a terrible person, but I've had a hard time in bringing myself around to supporting her.

As said, this is a genuine attempt to see if I can view Gina less negatively, but I apologise if this was the wrong place. I didn't want to make a thread and then have people say "Was a new thread needed?" haha. :)

I can't answer on behalf of all her supporters so this from my perspective.

1. They all hug when people leave - Gina would have been slated if she hadn't. She is nothing but honest so that is why good riddance was said. No different from the twins tellingDexter they had hoped he would go.

2. I think Gina was more surprised about what Jemima said than really believing it was racism. When Jem said to G "you wouldn't go with a white man" BB stepped in and said this could be perceived as offensive - which it was really.

3. I like Gina because she really doesn't give a damn what others think (on the outside) but I think she is quite insecure underneath the bravado. She really is different to housemates in the past and I like different!

4. Some support from me is also because of the things that keep getting posted to try and tarnish her name - they can't all be true, rich, poor, fake, she's a man etc. and I prefer to take people at face value and judge on how they entertain me. Both Gina and Dexter have been huge talking points on the forum, so whether you like them or not, you cannot deny that they have got people talking.

5. Finally, I just LIKE her. I don't expect her to win, indeed, I will be very surprised if she even makes the final but, for the moment, I want her to stay.

Thank you for posting in her AT. I don't expect for a moment I have changed your mind but I hope you now have some insight into why I like her. xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good post ARM, Dexter and Gina have nothing to lose.

and there will be one less next week to nominate them!
    Forum Member

Yes and that is a massive bonus:D
  • goroos1994goroos1994 Posts: 3,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish people on these forums would discuss Dexter and Gina separately, rather than collectively. In my opinion, Gina's been a lot more entertaining than Dexter and has been more memorable to date than anyone in the house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goroos1994 wrote: »
    I wish people on these forums would discuss Dexter and Gina separately, rather than collectively. In my opinion, Gina's been a lot more entertaining than Dexter and has been more memorable to date than anyone in the house.

I really like them both but, if it comes down to it, would always prefer Gina to Dexter in a one to one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

That will be an enormous bonus to them I am sure. :)
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goroos1994 wrote: »

I think it the demands of this week's non eviction.BB has paired them and it is inevitable people will discuss them together.Also they are a target for nomination by the housemates and that will generate two way sympathy.It doesnt mean that people like them the same.It happens in BB double acts or couples.
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt.Probably just go to the safe house like Aisylene BB7.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gina is now favourite, :cool: with Sam second.

What a turnaround!! I really hope this twist does not scupper things for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Gina is now favourite, :cool: with Sam second.

What a turnaround!! I really hope this twist does not scupper things for her.

Top now - hope she hasn't peaked too early!

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/big-brother/winner
    Forum Member
    O/T kinda but can anyone get on the Thisisbigbrother forum? It wont let me today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top now - hope she hasn't peaked too early!

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/big-brother/winner

Great news :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    O/T kinda but can anyone get on the Thisisbigbrother forum? It wont let me today.

No I cannot get on there either at the moment. :)
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Its great to see her favourite to win, however I think either Sam, Sophie or Twins will win or weirdly possibly Charlie.

Although hopefully Gina does win as I put a bet on her at 28/1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Gina great reception from the crowd. :)
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Knowing the queen wasn't getting evicted was really exciting to watch, happy for her crowd reaction! :D aaa :D And safety next week.
    Forum Member
    OMG she is loving it. Brilliant.
  • LuckyM2012LuckyM2012 Posts: 6,136
    Forum Member
    20 million greeny smileys :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a night. So thrilled Gina walked out to a brilliant reception, even more thrilled at how much she is loving the twist. :D:D:D A fantastic outcome imo.

The fact Gina is now favourite to win is amazing, what a turnaround, I hope she stays there because she's one of the best housemates we've had in years. :D
This discussion has been closed.