Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 3)

Comments

• CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Same here, I had forgotten all about currygate.

What a fuss she made over nothing!
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on this Monday on C4 at 5.00pm, I think it's a new series.
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Donkey Woman is famously awful! But I'd forgotten how dreadful Mensa woman was with her attention-seeking funny turns.

Mensa woman is one of those socially inept people who have to have a crisis moment in order to escape a social situation that is beyond them...obviously happy banter around the table in an Indian restaurant was something her mensa-qualifying IQ could not cope with :p

Donkey Woman truly deserves her capitol letters. I could never tire of discussing her many on-screen moments but of course she was the victim of heavy editing ;-)

She received a real ding-dong of a bad review on TA recently... :cool:
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Semillion wrote: »
    She received a real ding-dong of a bad review on TA recently... :cool:

Just read it.

The reviewer has only ever made 1 review (for Happy Donkey Hill), and yet has 205 "likes" on their post :D
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read it.

The reviewer has only ever made 1 review (for Happy Donkey Hill), and yet has 205 "likes" on their post :D

And I've just read it too. It does ring true because of the detail, and because of what we saw DW was like. I noticed that there was no reply.

Funny though that there are so many really favourable, even glowing. reviews. This one stands out, yet has all those 'likes'. I can't work it out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I've just read it too. It does ring true because of the detail, and because of what we saw DW was like. I noticed that there was no reply.

Funny though that there are so many really favourable, even glowing. reviews. This one stands out, yet has all those 'likes'. I can't work it out!

From memory, they had 3 "terrible" reviews. Two of them have over 200 "likes". Not sure if there's anything in it, but it does seem rather strange....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From memory, they had 3 "terrible" reviews. Two of them have over 200 "likes". Not sure if there's anything in it, but it does seem rather strange....

If that reviewer had really misrepresented what happened you'd think Katy and Andy would have replied and defended themselves - after all, she didn't seem to mind what she said when on the programme.

Hmm, yes, all those likes for the minimal number of bad reviews. I'm not sure what's going on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that reviewer had really misrepresented what happened you'd think Katy and Andy would have replied and defended themselves - after all, she didn't seem to mind what she said when on the programme.

Hmm, yes, all those likes for the minimal number of bad reviews. I'm not sure what's going on.

I think whenever 4 In a Bed comes on people remember Donkey Woman and go to her TA listing and 'like' the negatives....her episode was on just recently and when I read that review last month there were a lot less 'likes' on it than there is now. If her episode is shown again those likes will double I assume :D.

That latest review must be true and genuine because Donkey Woman had stated on the FB group page for the show quite a while back that she was taking legal action against anyone posting fake negative reviews about her property. She has not replied to this latest one and nor has it been removed.

I just wish Tony's full 'explosion' scene in the restaurant had been shown rather than the edited down version....I bet it was a real ding dong because what we did see was a very agitated man getting very wound up...:cool:
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been out of the loop for a while and missed a lot of posts, but did we ever find out any more about what happened to that guy who got into a fight with one of the camera crew and then got arrested and had to leave the program?
  • Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    I don't know if it is the way the producers chose the people, or it's just the way it is, but many of the B&B owners just come across as thoroughly unpleasant people. A lot of them appear to be as a rather sour nick-picking bunch. In too many episodes, the scoring by some appear to be unfair where they deliberately underpay greatly (and frankly they are cheats). Leaves a bad taste in the mouth when they win. I'd run a mile rather than stay in their B&B.

I much prefer Come Dine With Me where the great majority of those in the show at least make an effort to be fair, and the people in there are also more interesting and fun. And if there are unpleasant characters in the show, you can rely on the narrator of that show to make fun of them (and he is very funny) , which make it far more watchable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think whenever 4 In a Bed comes on people remember Donkey Woman and go to her TA listing and 'like' the negatives....her episode was on just recently and when I read that review last month there were a lot less 'likes' on it than there is now. If her episode is shown again those likes will double I assume :D.

That latest review must be true and genuine because Donkey Woman had stated on the FB group page for the show quite a while back that she was taking legal action against anyone posting fake negative reviews about her property. She has not replied to this latest one and nor has it been removed.

I just wish Tony's full 'explosion' scene in the restaurant had been shown rather than the edited down version....I bet it was a real ding dong because what we did see was a very agitated man getting very wound up...:cool:

That seems a very logical explanation for the number of 'likes'. Thank you!

I wonder if she actually would take legal action as threatened. I doubt it somehow because it's very expensive, and I'm not sure what her grounds would be. Libel? Fantastically costly. I suppose she feels the threat is enough. Really, she did an excellent job of undermining her own reputation on Four in a Bed.

Yes, I know what you mean about the restaurant scene. I watched again when it was shown recently and there is no climax to it - just the developing tension, then the aftermath.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex_B1 wrote: »
    I don't know if it is the way the producers chose the people, or it's just the way it is, but many of the B&B owners just come across as thoroughly unpleasant people. A lot of them appear to be as a rather sour nick-picking bunch. In too many episodes, the scoring by some appear to be unfair where they deliberately underpay greatly (and frankly they are cheats). Leaves a bad taste in the mouth when they win. I'd run a mile rather than stay in their B&B.

I much prefer Come Dine With Me where the great majority of those in the show at least make an effort to be fair, and the people in there are also more interesting and fun. And if there are unpleasant characters in the show, you can rely on the narrator of that show to make fun of them (and he is very funny) , which make it far more watchable.

I'm certainly surprised that so many of them don't seem to realise that winning by cheating and showing themselves as thoroughly nasty is probably not a good idea! It should be a week-long advertisement for their B&B, and really the winning plaque will mean nothing to those who don't watch the programme, and those who do will remember how they behaved, not that they won.

Can't comment on Come Dine with Me which I stopped watching some time back as many of the competitors had become awfully silly and annoying I thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm certainly surprised that so many of them don't seem to realise that winning by cheating and showing themselves as thoroughly nasty is probably not a good idea! It should be a week-long advertisement for their B&B, and really the winning plaque will mean nothing to those who don't watch the programme, and those who do will remember how they behaved, not that they won.

Can't comment on Come Dine with Me which I stopped watching some time back as many of the competitors had become awfully silly and annoying I thought.

I very rarely remember who actually won the show, more that I liked or disliked the couple and/or the B&B.

And I dont watch Come Dine With Me anymore. The contestants are way OTT and even the voice over man became annoying for me.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's on this Monday on C4 at 5.00pm, I think it's a new series.

It certainly is. :)

Glad it's back. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex_B1 wrote: »

Ugh, that annoying game playing was evident in one of the more recent episodes that was broadcast....that annoying git Tom and his simpering wife Angela from the Highland Guest House in Scotland. They gave everyone top scores and then underpaid them - why would you give someone 10/10 down the chart and then underpay them by £20 at the end unless you were a total cheat? and of course, they won >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aha so I was right! the posh couple from the current Gogglebox series has appeared on 4IaB and their episode is on Ch4 today.

Steph and Dom from The Salutation.

Apparently is was put up for sale for £4.5m in 2013.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The location looks lovely but the B&B looks very old fashioned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the owner of the Roebuck will be the villain of the week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not liking the Roebuck two >:(

The brunette half needs to lose the slapped-arse face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not liking the Roebuck two >:(

She's a beeeatch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Bilarettes. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a beeeatch.

Yes...the slapped-arse face really needs to go >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes...the slapped-arse face really needs to go >:(

And the terrible hair extensions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew she was trouble as soon as she was shown into the room and did not engage with Susan's welcome. They were not overly enthusiastic when asked about their breakfast either.

These two will come in for some serious stick this week :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I knew she was trouble as soon as she was shown into the room and did not engage with Susan's welcome. They were not overly enthusiastic when asked about their breakfast either.

These two will come in for some serious stick this week :p

Hopefully.:D
This discussion has been closed.