Help Finding A Movie

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
All I can remember is that I watched it in the 90s and it involved a patrol centre with sliding silver doors (electric), I think they was cops or corrupt cops and they was protecting something or stole something. Lots of action involved and I think one of them might of turned?

I know it's very vague but thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any ideas? (I don't expect anything but I guess it doesn't hard to ask, right?)

I hate it when you remember a movie but can't think of the name or actors involved as you was young :(

Any help is grateful.

Comments

• NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Did it have a futuristic tone to it? Well if you can remember? Makes me think of Total Recall or Judge Dredd (the Stallone one)

It's a tough one, sorry I am out of ideas...Logan's Run? Hehe I am just focussing on the police thing with sliding metallic doors :D
  • Sam_Williams1Sam_Williams1 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Demolition Man with Sly and Wesley Snipes?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's a 'patrol centre'? Like a prison?

I've seen quite a few heist/caper/last-line-of-defence films, but I can't think of any that matches your description. Most that feature cops tend to revolve around an armoured van, bank or corporate complex. There's one with an underground complex with sliding doors where some guards were fending off intruders to protect a scientist-or-similar in hiding, but no cops and the sliding doors were just plain metal doors.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it be The Fifth Element?

In saying that i'm trying to remember if there is a patrol centre in the film?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    Could it be The Fifth Element?

In saying that i'm trying to remember if there is a patrol centre in the film?

No silver sliding doors in any building. Doors are beige, white, brown or black, and the sliding ones slide upwards. No cops, either. Only military soldiers, security guards and bodyguards. Well, cops do appear, but only during the flying car chase after Leeloo's escape at the beginning of the film if I remember rightly.

/self-confessed Fifth Element fan
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I don't think it was set in the future but I realise my vague memory of it isn't so helpful.

Perhaps if I look for all the action movie stars movies of the 90s and 80s I might get lucky and it will be some famous actor?
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an electric/magnet prison in Face Off.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tango & Cash
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    No silver sliding doors in any building. Doors are beige, white, brown or black, and the sliding ones slide upwards. No cops, either. Only military soldiers, security guards and bodyguards. Well, cops do appear, but only during the flying car chase after Leeloo's escape at the beginning of the film if I remember rightly.
    /self-confessed Fifth Element fan

That's why I love that film it's very colourful for a futuristic setting, the opera singer costume is beautiful, very surreal..

It's annoying me now..not Original Robocop? There must have been a metal slider in that, but then again you would probably remember big giant crazed robo crim..:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    did you find those other films OP ? you seem to remember scenes and stuff but no the films
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assault on Precinct 13? The remake.