The Team Factor Series #1

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Even though fifth harmony have performed a demi lovato song before I thought this was completely different to the other demi lovato songs they have performed!!
  • r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were there any songs in particular you feel you should have put forward now? Because all 3 songs were adequate but not amazing, none I would really be bothered to hear again...so I'm just curious if there's any song from the ones each of you picked that you think should have been there?
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexos wrote: »
    I see, so you thought it was important to each choose a song. You mention in your briefing that you wanted to stay true to who Fifth Harmony are as acts. Did it occur to anyone that you might be sticking too close to them? Lack of originality was mentioned by all three of the judges, considering that Fifth Harmony performed Demi and Taylor in the real XF.

I do believe that is one of our downfalls to be honest. We could've been more together as a group, and discuss matters like these, I for one forgot that they were used in the real show. But one of the others ma of I don't know, we didn't communicate well enough. But I will say the two choices were probably best of the respective bunches!
    Forum Member
    I genuinally thought that we should not have used the taylor swift song and used beyonce-sweet dreams which I came up with which was a slow sort of ballad that was different to the others, and I now regret not saying anything!!
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do believe that is one of our downfalls to be honest. We could've been more together as a group, and discuss matters like these, I for one forgot that they were used in the real show. But one of the others ma of I don't know, we didn't communicate well enough. But I will say the two choices were probably best of the respective bunches!

Whose fault do you think it was that communication was an issue? You all had four days to come with the songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    I can't remember them performing Taylor Swift. I picked the song because I thought it was right for a girl group
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    r0ry101 wrote: »
    Were there any songs in particular you feel you should have put forward now? Because all 3 songs were adequate but not amazing, none I would really be bothered to hear again...so I'm just curious if there's any song from the ones each of you picked that you think should have been there?

I won't replace the song I choose, however if I could I would've added another song of mine that I had chosen. But we had decided to go with one song per person, and my best one was chosen!
    Forum Member
    To be honest out of the 3 of us I would say that tomi didn`t communicate as much as me and dylan!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    I genuinally thought that we should not have used the taylor swift song and used beyonce-sweet dreams which I came up with which was a slow sort of ballad that was different to the others, and I now regret not saying anything!!

Why did you not say anything about your reservations for Taylor throughout the task? You did have four days?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whose fault do you think it was that communication was an issue? You all had four days to come with the songs.

I think it was a bit of everyones fault. First day pingu had to go quickly after the first meeting, and Tomi wasn't there. And I think we set off on the wrong foot, and never recovered!!
    Forum Member
    To be honest out of the 3 of us I would say that tomi didn`t communicate as much as me and dylan!!

It was my first time. You guys were talking on tinychat which I had no idea about. By the time I went on, you had already picked an artist.
    Forum Member
    Why did you not say anything about your reservations for Taylor throughout the task? You did have four days?

Well to be honest dylan basically said to us that we either use the taylor swift song or a pussycat doll song, and I didnt want to use either, but felt the taylor one was better because they would just be trying to be like the pussycat dolls if we did the other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember them performing Taylor Swift. I picked the song because I thought it was right for a girl group

Perhaps this is something you should have checked before you submitted the song? One of the aims of the task was to show that you all knew the act inside out, and this doesn't really suggest you knew them very well at all.

Once Rory's question has been answered, I'd like to know how you felt about each other's song choices. Were there any you weren't keen on?
    Forum Member
    Perhaps this is something you should have checked before you submitted the song? One of the aims of the task was to show that you all knew the act inside out, and this doesn't really suggest you knew them very well at all.

Once Rory's question has been answered, I'd like to know how you felt about each other's song choices. Were there any you weren't keen on?

As I have said before I wasn`t keen on the taylor swift.
    Forum Member

I did think the Demi Lovato song was a bit expected
    Forum Member
    It was my first time. You guys were talking on tinychat which I had no idea about. By the time I went on, you had already picked an artist.

Did dylan not PM you about the tiny chat??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont want to sound really off or anything, but the 2 other songs chosen were the best of an alright bunch!!
    Forum Member
    Did dylan not PM you about the tiny chat??

I only saw it after you picked the artist
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did think the Demi Lovato song was a bit expected

Did you mention this to Pingu or Dylan?
    I dont want to sound really off or anything, but the 2 other songs chosen were the best of an alright bunch!!

Dylan, if you thought the songs were only 'alright' why did you agree to use them? Did you not think about suggesting replacements? Was equality a more important factor than quality in this task?
    Forum Member
    That`s what I was thinking, dylan was our team leader, and why didn`t he ask us to pick a different 3 songs instead of going along with them??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well to be honest dylan basically said to us that we either use the taylor swift song or a pussycat doll song, and I didnt want to use either, but felt the taylor one was better because they would just be trying to be like the pussycat dolls if we did the other.

Are you saing Dylan was only allowing you to choose between those two choices?
    Forum Member
    Did you mention this to Pingu or Dylan?

Dylan, if you thought the songs were only 'alright' why did you agree to use them? Did you not think about suggesting replacements? Was equality a more important factor than quality in this task?

No, I thought it was a good song but expected
    Forum Member
    Are you saing Dylan was only allowing you to choose between those two choices?

Basically that is what he was saying, yes!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well there was an option were we picked just the highest songs, in which case two of mine would've been higher. But the votes were close, so I suggested that instead the top song from each person. They said they wanted one of each person.

I maybe should've not of given them the option. But this is the Team factor. I wanted it to be a Team decision, and not me dictating!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically that is what he was saying, yes!!

You seem to be saying Dylan was running this task completely? Do you think that's a fair comment?
    Dylan, feel free to add your comment to this too.