Suits on Dave : Series 4 UK pace (No spoilers)

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »
    BIB I use subtitles for all US programmes as they speak too quickly for my ears.

That's an idea, but as there's only a few incidences where I've a problem, I don't mind re-winding it a bit. It's not as if I always watch any recording from start to finish at one go.
    Problem is that with my PVR you don't get the subtitles on a recording when you play it back.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    41m On Demand. That'll include a brief intro.
    Then it'll be 41 mins when broadcast on Dave too I would think. Sorry, theonlyweeman :)
    Problem is that with my PVR you don't get the subtitles on a recording when you play it back.
    Annoying. VM's Tivo does. (I think their V+ did as well, iirc.)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was wrong on that.

No DOG. No adverts. No idents. Not even any break bumpers.
    Nice one Dave!
    Then it'll be 41 mins when broadcast on Dave too I would think. Sorry, theonlyweeman :)
    And your point being?
    I was specifically repling to the comments that one the broadcast version there was a DOG with an extra line of info and 20 minutes of adverts.

The On Demand version excluded not only the DOG but also channel idents and programme break bumpers.
    Are you disagreeing with that?
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's an idea, but as there's only a few incidences where I've a problem, I don't mind re-winding it a bit. It's not as if I always watch any recording from start to finish at one go.

When I was changing from a VCR to a PVR I found a website that compared the ones out there by the features that they had. I was amazed when one of the categories was subtitles as I had no idea that putting subtitles on recordings had even been invented but as soon as I saw it was possible I picked one that would record subtitles.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Freeview box went wrong in the middle of recording tonight's episode and has missed out about 7 minutes of it. I thought, no problem, I'll set it to record the repeat, but it said it would only be able to record the first 10 minutes! The repeat starts at 2:50 a.m. and it seems that Freeview Dave finishes at 3:00 a.m.? And Dave Ja Vu doesn't seem to have any programmes listed, so I can't record it from there. Aren't there any more repeats?
    Forum Member
    Doesn't look like it which is strange for Dave.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Mike is heading for a big fall and will come crawling back to the firm to beg for his job back.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for looking. I'm sure previous seasons have had multiple repeats and not in the middle of the night. I can't believe Dave's schedule has suddenly got so packed full of must-see programmes that they can't fit in a repeat of Suits!

Oh well, I'll have to make do with Dave On Demand.
    Forum Member
    catsitter wrote: »
    My Freeview box went wrong in the middle of recording tonight's episode and has missed out about 7 minutes of it. I thought, no problem, I'll set it to record the repeat, but it said it would only be able to record the first 10 minutes! The repeat starts at 2:50 a.m. and it seems that Freeview Dave finishes at 3:00 a.m.? And Dave Ja Vu doesn't seem to have any programmes listed, so I can't record it from there. Aren't there any more repeats?
    catsitter wrote: »
    Thanks for looking. Oh well, I'll have to make do with Dave On Demand.

I was just going to say ;)

http://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/

And I think I'm following it a little better now. Almost gave up on it this week!
    Forum Member
    I was a bit confused earlier when reading the newest posts until I realised I was in the US thread :D

Luckily I read no spoilers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loved the conversation between Louis and Donna. It was so funny. :D
    Forum Member
    I'm even managing to follow it more now, too :)
    Forum Member
    Actually found the start to the series a bit boring.
    Hope it improves now they have the storyline with the SCC.
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt quite get the ending to the "deal" - did Mike stitch up his employer or did he turn down the offer....or is there a twist to come?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eagle9a wrote: »
    I didnt quite get the ending to the "deal" - did Mike stitch up his employer or did he turn down the offer....or is there a twist to come?

I don't think he turned down the offer and of course being Suits there will be a twist to the story.
    Forum Member
    Looked like he did the deal and is now preparing to get the sack for the deal he made but I agree there will probably be a twist.

Hope it gets rid of this case anyway. It's been pretty boring. I thought the SCC thing was going to take over but that seems to have stopped but something has replaced it with the new guy going after the firm so hopefully that will be a good storyline.

Some decent cameos as well.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like the contrived, "will they, won't they?" storyline with Rachel and Logan.

It took long enough for the writers to get Mike and Rachel together. It detracts from the main storylines.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    That scene where Louis went to hug Harvey and Harvey started laying into him about how useless he is.......(again).......that's where this show finally lost me. I'm done with it. It's dreary as f**k now and the characters are all arseholes. I can't think of a single reason to stick with it - not even Donna.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    That scene where Louis went to hug Harvey and Harvey started laying into him about how useless he is.......(again).......that's where this show finally lost me. I'm done with it. It's dreary as f**k now and the characters are all arseholes. I can't think of a single reason to stick with it - not even Donna.

I dont think I'm as far down the road as you yet, but I agree the start to this run has not lit my fire. Possibly because the actual "cases" are far too complex to understand and possibly because I cant get my head around Mike and Harvey not working together.

I am hoping it settles down and becomes more watchable.
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    I actually thought that was the best scene of the show/series so far. It actually had some depth to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just loved Luis as Shylock....:)

"Tell them Shylock had to go to Israel" - genius writing
    Forum Member
    Looked like he did the deal and is now preparing to get the sack for the deal he made but I agree there will probably be a twist.
    Well there's the twist. The guy was basically testing Mike to see what he would do and now feels that he's the type of guy he can do business with.

Pity as it drags out the case even more :D
    Forum Member
    Yeah.

As I said before, I don't mind a 'season arc' but prefer it be spread out over the season "here and there" and have other one-off stories in other episodes.

Otherwise it's too much.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Yeah.

As I said before, I don't mind a 'season arc' but prefer it be spread out over the season "here and there" and have other one-off stories in other episodes.

Otherwise it's too much.

That's the bind they've got themselves into with Mike leaving Pearson Specter - 'story of the week' episodes don't provide much logical reason for the Mike/Harvey interaction that underpins the show.

They have to be working together, or working against one another. Each doing their own thing and meeting up for drinks and a steak dinner doesn't really work, dramatically :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't like the way they are turning Harvey into such a barstard.