Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben and Thomasin are doing themselves NO favours this week.

At least Eli and Jason have beaten those sourfaced two

Next time we feel like a weekend away I am going to book into the G boutique and send Taylors Retreat a postcard, Ellie and Jason are bound to have monogrammed stationary . :D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next time we feel like a weekend away I am going to book into the G boutique and send Taylors Retreat a postcard, Ellie and Jason are bound to have monogrammed stationary . :D

You little devil you :D

I'll buy the stamp for you :p
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Massive underpayment and with a ridiculous qualification 'we don't think any B&B should charge more than £x'
    I'm afraid that comment just makes them look like idiots.
    It certainly suggests that they have no real business experience - within or without the tourism / hospitality industry.

What a pair of half... no, pair of quarter-wits. :rolleyes:
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Another drastic underpayment......
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree with Ben about the bedlinen in the cupboard business after he'd offered to make up the sofa bed - 'you opened my drain, but didn't open a cupboard' and at the time when they declined his offer, they could have said 'we'll do it, where is the linen?:

No, Ben should have have shown them where the linen was. Even Thomasin asked Ben whether he'd told them where the linen was and was surprised when he said that he hadn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »
    No, Ben should have have shown them where the linen was. Even Thomasin asked Ben whether he'd told them where the linen was and was surprised when he said that he hadn't.

He should have shown them where the linen was, but also you would have thought they would have at least opened a few cupboards to find the linen!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You little devil you :D

I'll buy the stamp for you :p
    :D deal
    Normandie wrote: »
    It certainly suggests that they have no real business experience - within or without the tourism / hospitality industry.

What a half... no, pair of quarter-wits. :rolleyes:

Looking at their business i think they offer the pole dancing as a party/Orgy venue and the so called B&B is really self catering chalets for partiers/swingers to stay over

They are horrible

They have been really unkind to Gill
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never NOT had toast in a toast rack when I'm away.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoosh then!!! How did Gill keep her hands to herself.

So I am a guest, a 'grown up', to use Ben's description,who wants the owner, who is nowhere to be found. What will I be told? Shoosh?
    Ben my love, get rid of your 'friend' she is not an asset to your business and get on a hospitality course yourself, or stay at a few different b&bs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised Gill paid Terry and Graham so low.
    Thomason and Ben are awful, Ellie and Jason are delightful.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, they won
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay!!! G! won!!!

So glad for them. They deserve it, with the Knife and Cleaver coming 2nd.

Good result :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That plaque is soooo going to look out of place at G!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im pleased G Boutique won and the K&C were 2nd but Gill should have been 3rd. Shame on Taylor Retreat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! G! Boutique first and Knife and Cleaver second. Great result for a lovely couple, well done Eli and Jason!
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Ondine wrote: »
    He should have shown them where the linen was, but also you would have thought they would have at least opened a few cupboards to find the linen!

Six of one and half a dozen of the other.
    We can all say what should have happened, but to criticise a lack of linen when it was there, is what I was commenting on - just trying to be completely even handed.

I would have underpaid Taylor's Barn Retreat on the grounds that if I book a retreat I wouldn't expect noise pollution and being situated on a busy aeroplane route where the planes are quite low by the look of it, isn't my idea of a 'retreat'

The breakfast situation wouldn't usually occur I suppose, but the sort yourself approach isn't for me when I'm away either.

Am pleased at the result, it's a nice vote of confidence and I don't think Gill should be too disheartened as none of the others are her target market and they all complimented her hosting skills.

At £150 a night or whatever, I don't think G! Boutique is my type of destination or accommodation, but if it was, you can't fault their attention to detail and attitude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Kewl!

If I can get a good rate, we are likely to stay there in winter if we're catching an early morning crossing to France so I will bear that idea firmly in mind, Cherry! :cool:
  • notlurkingnownotlurkingnow Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Yes I do agree, he asked them if they wanted it made up and she said' no we're alright' but apart from that I cant stand him,lol

When Ben asked if they wanted the bed made up he had started to say something like 'but as you run a B&B...' when Gill chipped in that she could do it herself , which is what I think he was about to say.

And I agree that Thomasin asked him if he had told them where it was and he said no, so that was his mistake. Gill should have looked in all the cupboards though, especially as she was looking for dust and dirt elsewhere.

I wonder where he would have served the breakfast if it had been raining, and why bother entering a B&B competition if you don't normally offer breakfasts.

Quite obnoxious people, glad they didn't win - just sorry they weren't last.
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry they weren't last too. Gill deserved to be above them as she knows what service is all about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder where he would have served the breakfast if it had been raining, and why bother entering a B&B competition if you don't normally offer breakfasts.
    Cheap publicity.

That worked well for them, didn't it? :rolleyes:

On their website, it really isn't advertised as a b&b - they say...
    Rooms
    Apartment accommodation comprises of:

Double bedroom with en-suite facilities
    Well equipped kitchen
    Living area with sofa bed to provide a privacy occupancy of two people and maximum occupancy of four people.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that patronising and condescending woman had shushed me, I'd have ripped her throat out with a good lashing of my tongue! Who on earth does she think she is?!:mad:
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still reeling at Thomasin telling Gill to,'Shoosh then.' I know there have been some rude people on before, but I'm afraid that is not on. It was a real looking down her nose attitude, they unfortunately got Gill's hackles up and I think she did already feel inferior, no need to, unlike the other pair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Would be good if Ben read this forum but it is probably beneath him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At £150 a night or whatever, I don't think G! Boutique is my type of destination or accommodation, but if it was, you can't fault their attention to detail and attitude.
    If one were to book Friday and Saturday nights 31st Jan / 1 Feb, departing on Sunday 2 Feb, the prices are much lower than £150 a night...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    I'm still reeling at Thomasin telling Gill to,'Shoosh then.' I know there have been some rude people on before, but I'm afraid that is not on. It was a real looking down her nose attitude, they unfortunately got Gill's hackles up and I think she did already feel inferior, no need to, unlike the other pair.

I am still shocked at them calling Jason patronising.

Ben may be a spoiled home counties boy with a dislke of men who are from the Asian region. He seemed to have Jason confused with Ali G

I think anyone NOT wanting a pole based swingers orgy will be giving Taylors Retreat a wide berth
This discussion has been closed.