Not going out

Comments

• lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Hugh Dennis character as a stand in for Tim.
    Also hate Bobby Balll.If I read he is in the show I don't watch it.
    Hope he's not in the Christmas Special.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    You realise that signals the end of the series since all the gags rely on the premise of them not getting on together?

I am sure that if they want to continue then there are still plenty of possible gags.
  • fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    so is it called "going out" now?
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    so is it called "going out" now?

Or "Outnumbered"? :p
  • newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    There were a few jokes about shoulders wasn't there:D

And where was the coat when she came back in the bar??
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And where was the coat when she came back in the bar??

Yes.Bad continuity there.
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like this 'marry me' episode at all. Sort of ruins the whole concept of the show, particularly when she says yes, as that's just too ridiculous. But the series as a whole has been pretty good.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy has never been interested in Lee at al now she suddenly wants to marry him!
    I love this show but i actually prefer them not to be together.
  • lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Lucy has never been interested in Lee at al now she suddenly wants to marry him!
    I love this show but i actually prefer them not to be together.
    I think it's been fairly clear that she had feelings for him. She's never been overt about it but they have made it fairly obvious. I totally disagree that her liking him has suddenly come out of nowhere, the question was whether Lee would get his act together or whether he'd run out of chances.
  • barclay55barclay55 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess we are meant to believe the 'settee' one to one moments at the end of each episode where Lucy realises Lee didnt do so bad, were the kernels of their feelings for each other. I never quite saw it. Certainly the age old romcom promise will they wont they, opposites attract, cant be the cornerstone of the plots anymore.
    But when the series does continue at Christmas and maybe later next year?, with the maybe up and downs of a run up to a wedding, it has to be very careful. Otherwise big shades of 2004's excellent 'The Worst Week of My Life' will come up, with, as the father-in-law, one Geoffrey Whitehead.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    Yes.Bad continuity there.

Or she hung it up?
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    lealeeds wrote: »
    I like the Hugh Dennis character as a stand in for Tim.
    Also hate Bobby Balll.If I read he is in the show I don't watch it.
    Hope he's not in the Christmas Special.
    I guess you're out of luck! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04wrvzx
  • MissCharleyPMissCharleyP Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's been fairly clear that she had feelings for him. She's never been overt about it but they have made it fairly obvious. I totally disagree that her liking him has suddenly come out of nowhere, the question was whether Lee would get his act together or whether he'd run out of chances.

I never saw any evidence of 'feelings' on Lucy's part. They have had ''moments' - the firework episode with the old woman, the camping one when they ended up in the living room at the end, the one where Lee ruins her dress and buys her a new one. But never any hint of anything that would lead to her suddenly agreeing to marry him! I suppose it had to be brought to a conclusion one way or another but this just feels rushed and random! I suppose unlike the ''will they, won't they" of Ross & Rachel in 'Friends' we have only seen Lee's side of it and as far as I can see Lucy tolerated him at first as her brothers mate, then as a mate she flat-shared with. Perhaps a scene in the pub between Lucy & Daisy with Lucy stating her feelings would've made it more believable for some of us?! Still, it's only a TV programme!
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is christmas eve the last ep of the series or is there one more ep to air as my tv guide says last in the series while my EPG says 10/11
  • WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Is christmas eve the last ep of the series or is there one more ep to air as my tv guide says last in the series while my EPG says 10/11

11 is outtakes.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont know. Unless there is a best of episode.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's a outtake clip show next Saturday (Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mw70/episodes/guide#b03nhmd4)

EDIT: What Willpurry said.

I wonder if the "from over the series" solely refers to the 2014 series or across the show's entire history?
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willpurry wrote: »
    11 is outtakes.

Thanks
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willpurry wrote: »
    11 is outtakes.
    Delete.
  • lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I never saw any evidence of 'feelings' on Lucy's part. They have had ''moments' - the firework episode with the old woman, the camping one when they ended up in the living room at the end, the one where Lee ruins her dress and buys her a new one. But never any hint of anything that would lead to her suddenly agreeing to marry him! I suppose it had to be brought to a conclusion one way or another but this just feels rushed and random! I suppose unlike the ''will they, won't they" of Ross & Rachel in 'Friends' we have only seen Lee's side of it and as far as I can see Lucy tolerated him at first as her brothers mate, then as a mate she flat-shared with. Perhaps a scene in the pub between Lucy & Daisy with Lucy stating her feelings would've made it more believable for some of us?! Still, it's only a TV programme!
    It may only be a TV programme but I think we all have to insist on it being in some way believable :D

Nah, I think there's been plenty of allusions to her feelings, occasionally very, very obvious, generally a bit more subtle, some you need to read into. The fact that she always ultimately forgives him is a partial clue, as is her open sarcastic attitude towards him - she obviously at least sees him as a good friend so it's hardly like her having a go at him is genuine dislike. And then there's been episodes where she has turned to him when she's feeling under pressure with something or when she has a secret which she hasn't told anyone else.

There's allusions to her feelings from other characters as well. I remember Daisy a couple of series' back saying to Tim that it was obvious that Lucy liked Lee simply by the way she looked at him.

There was some very clear ones last series though. The one where Lee decides to go on a date just to make Lucy jealous is notable because they made it so obvious how much Lucy was interested in how the date went, especially with her really uncomfortable body language when the other woman came round. And then there was also the end of 'Play' which is as blatant as you could possibly get without Lucy actually saying that she liked him > http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15il1s_not-going-out-s06e06_fun

I think there's always been enough to believe that she has feelings for him but that she just covers them well.
  • MissCharleyPMissCharleyP Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may only be a TV programme but I think we all have to insist on it being in some way believable :D

Nah, I think there's been plenty of allusions to her feelings, occasionally very, very obvious, generally a bit more subtle, some you need to read into. The fact that she always ultimately forgives him is a partial clue, as is her open sarcastic attitude towards him - she obviously at least sees him as a good friend so it's hardly like her having a go at him is genuine dislike. And then there's been episodes where she has turned to him when she's feeling under pressure with something or when she has a secret which she hasn't told anyone else.

There's allusions to her feelings from other characters as well. I remember Daisy a couple of series' back saying to Tim that it was obvious that Lucy liked Lee simply by the way she looked at him.

There was some very clear ones last series though. The one where Lee decides to go on a date just to make Lucy jealous is notable because they made it so obvious how much Lucy was interested in how the date went, especially with her really uncomfortable body language when the other woman came round. And then there was also the end of 'Play' which is as blatant as you could possibly get without Lucy actually saying that she liked him > http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15il1s_not-going-out-s06e06_fun

I think there's always been enough to believe that she has feelings for him but that she just covers them well.

Fair enough! It's just unbelievable (to me) that she would agree to marry him when they haven't even been out for a date! I suppose the nearest you can get is Niles & Daphne in 'Frasier'. But even they broke up with their other halves and dated before it got serious. And again, we (viewers) had known of Niles' feelings from the start and began to see Daphne's more, culminating in her admitting it to a counsellor after she was ordered to attend anger management after an incident just before her wedding to Donny.

As I said, if Lucy had just kind of mentioned it to Daisy or her parents or even a random workmate that we never saw again....but how I saw it was she was suddenly dropping loads of hints, he got upset and blurted out that he loved her and she agreed to marry him!

I share a flat with a bloke and I'll often ask his opinion on stuff or tell him things. Mainly because:
    1) he's there
    2) as he's not personally involved, he'll be impartial.

If they do another series, it'll be an interesting new dynamic though.
  • DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    Dull episode tonight.

I mostly watched the extra's pretending to play pool, hitting imaginary balls. The cue ball didn't move for 20mins. It was hilarious and frustrating at the same time.
  • WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctorb wrote: »
    I mostly watched the extra's pretending to play pool, hitting imaginary balls. The cue ball didn't move for 20mins. It was hilarious and frustrating at the same time.

I think "the extra's pretence of playing pool" would be better. :)
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the last episode was one of the best - the worst was that stupidly contrived quiz show one. I even though Hugh Dennis made a good counterfoil for Lee, although I think I too will be forced to give the Christmas special a miss rather than suffer the unwatchable Bobby Ball.

No need for a spoiler - it's mentioned in every printed preview.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looks like the Christmas Specials will be the last of Not Going out for a while