Celebrities that age terribly

Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Macaulay Culkin looks like an old man. He's aged terrible!
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Beckham and his wife certainly look a fair bit older than they are.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D_Peugeot wrote: »

Don't think so. How old do you think Victoria looks?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Don't think so. How old do you think Victoria looks?

Late 40s. Have you seen her recently? Looks like death warmed up. :o
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To me they look to be mid-late 30s, which I assume they are.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Priscilla Presley on the news last week regarding a museum display in the UK for some of Elvis' effects. Her skin looked ridiculously tight and plastic. To me that is not aging any better than someone overly wrinkled. It just looked weird and unnatural.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Late 40s. Have you seen her recently? Looks like death warmed up. :o

You really think Victoria Beckham looks to be in her late 40s in the image in the link below? Seriously?

http://assets.instyle.co.uk/instyle/live/galleries/7_1.jpg

An image of J.K.Rowling when she was 48.

http://www.flavourmag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/J.k.-rowling.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    To me they look to be mid-late 30s, which I assume they are.

Victoria's 40 years old. Still a great looking woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    You really think Victoria Beckham looks to be in her late 40s in the image in the link below? Seriously?

http://assets.instyle.co.uk/instyle/live/galleries/7_1.jpg

An image of J.K.Rowling when she was 48.

http://www.flavourmag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/J.k.-rowling.jpg

I think she looks a fair bit older than she is. I have already said this.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/22/2436478100000578-2883403-image-a-1_1419247866557.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she looks a fair bit older than she is. I have already said this.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/22/2436478100000578-2883403-image-a-1_1419247866557.jpg

The light from the flash is making all of her slight wrinkles stand out, especially with her face being next to Romeo's. The angle that her face is at is causing the light to create shadows on her face. That's why her wrinkles are more noticeable in that image.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The light from the flash is making all of her slight wrinkles stand out, especially with her face being next to Romeo's. The angle that her face is at is causing the light to create shadows on her face. That's why her wrinkles are more noticeable in that image.

:D

Funnier than the cracker jokes.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised to learn Nigel Farage is only 50, perhaps he should lay off the booze for a bit.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess people are just too used to seeing celebs full of botox and after plastic surgery these days, so it looks odd when some of them age naturally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Funnier than the cracker jokes.

The above is probably because you know that what I said in that post is most likely right.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how 35 someone looks, there'll always be someone on the internet that thinks they look 55.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle Collins
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does aging terribly even mean? We all age eventually. Get over it, I say. I think you are only aging terribly if you are either dead or you are so sick and crippled that you can't get up out of bed and live your life and do what you want.
    There is way too much focus put on physical appearance. It just makes people vain and start to hate themselves if they don't meet some special standard of how people of a certain age are supposed to look. Enjoy life and focus on what you can do and what's in your brain and not what you look like.
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    No matter how 35 someone looks, there'll always be someone on the internet that thinks they look 55.

So true. I think there must be small towns of genetically-blessed humanity all over the world where one's friends, colleagues and relatives are all remarkably well-preserved.:D
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

Apart from that being an awful click-bait article, the examples there aren't even that good.

Macaulay Culkin looks much healthier now than he did in that picture of him for a start. The others are just people that have gotten older.

The only one you could say actually did age quite badly is Kathleen Turner but she's had various debilitating health problems so not really surprising.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tori Spelling - sorry I don't know how to upload a recent picture of her on here, it if you google her, you will see she looks dog rough and much older then her years.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    What does aging terribly even mean? We all age eventually. Get over it, I say. I think you are only aging terribly if you are either dead or you are so sick and crippled that you can't get up out of bed and live your life and do what you want.
    There is way too much focus put on physical appearance. It just makes people vain and start to hate themselves if they don't meet some special standard of how people of a certain age are supposed to look. Enjoy life and focus on what you can do and what's in your brain and not what you look like.

Well said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The above is probably because you know that what I said in that post is most likely right.

No, it's because it's utter shit and an hilariously desperate excuse.

You don't agree with me, that's fine. Move on with your life.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,957
    Forum Member
    I think David Jason has aged badly although aged 74 he could easily pass for a man in his 80's, also Nicholas Lyndhurst looks terrible for 53.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I was surprised to learn Nigel Farage is only 50, perhaps he should lay off the booze for a bit.

Cigarettes and alcohol are certainly a sure fire way of adding on the years.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

I agree with this one. It's shocking that he's only 2 years older than David Cameron but looks about a decade older.

I think Mark Owen has aged terribly but it probably doesn't help that Gary, Howard and Jason have all get better with age whereas Mark looks like some sort of ancient goblin nowadays