Forum Member
She's amazing, her voice :o

Duet with Buble!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjNMnlvYHLo

Comments

• LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad her personality is awful, must run in the family!
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Why is her personality awful?!
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not much power but she does sound like a mini Mariah.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Incredibly overrated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was born into millions of dollars, lived in a mansion growing up ... of course she is spoiled and got a bad personality but she is phenomenal talented so she is forgiven for being a spoilt rich kid. She has talent, it's not like she's Paris Hilton.
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mariah carey copycat, not just in voice but mariah's style.
  • LittlemarkLittlemark Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    She has a much better voice than many of her peers but really needs to work on her diction, when she sings live I can hardly understand a word she says. Sounds nice but incomprehensible...

Break Free is pretty catchy though
  • suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has no Colour or Power but pretty good range.
    Littlemark wrote: »
    She has a much better voice than many of her peers but really needs to work on her diction, when she sings live I can hardly understand a word she says.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy the 'Ariana or Selena' debates when Selena Gomez can't sing a note and Ariana is a phenomenal singer
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I really like Ariana's voice!
    I just hope she's careful and doesn't end up like Christina Aguilera (who's famous for her bad attitude). She's already getting quite a bit of a diva reputation.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As are her legs :D
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice sounds too "young" for me....like a 10 year old girl with a great voice. I prefer a more mature sounding voice.
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    She's apparently a very nasty girl. She has very high demands. She's going to ruin it for herself.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am obsessed with her. I love her voice and she is so so beautiful it actually hurts. Her recent album is brilliant too. And her Xmas song is great.

Basically, ARIANA GRANDE IS AMAZING
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Littlemark wrote: »
    She has a much better voice than many of her peers but really needs to work on her diction, when she sings live I can hardly understand a word she says. Sounds nice but incomprehensible...

Break Free is pretty catchy though

Agreed.

She gets right on my wick but she can sing. She does need some lessons for the diction though.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Incredibly overrated.

Yep. Most of the time i can't understand what she is singing anyway.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is her personality awful?!

She's incredibly snooty, my friend met her in USA when she was in the Big Brother US crowd & she completely ignored her & walked off in a huff.

Also she bitched & moaned about the other Big Brother US cast members, when her brother was laughing about raping girls/ saying a girl in the house shouild be gang raped & was generally just vile (& one of the most disliked, if not the most disliked houseguests ever] & she passed it off as jokes/banter, just not a nice family at all & I certainly will never buy any of her music regardless of how good it is.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,978
    Forum Member
    I've gone off her a bit. I loved the song she did with Nathan Sykes, that was a beautiful song. But I agree with others, at times I really do struggle to understand what she's saying.

Not that it matters that much, her fashion choices really annoy me too. On the Buble special, if there was a dodgy camera angle we would have seen everything and it just doesn't seem to suit her. She seems to have skipped the classy period of Mariah and gone straight to the slightly trashy period.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was born into millions of dollars, lived in a mansion growing up ... of course she is spoiled and got a bad personality but she is phenomenal talented so she is forgiven for being a spoilt rich kid. She has talent, it's not like she's Paris Hilton.

Since when did talent excuse bad manners?
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mariah comparisons are fruitless and incorrect. She has nothing on Mariah when Mariah was her age and I doubt she'll follow the same path to legend... very few do. She's obviously a talented singer, but she has awful diction and doesn't seem to be able to connect her voice melodically with the song. Random vocal runs and melisma can sound amazing and really add depth, but Ariana seems more focused on running up and down her vocal chords like Jessie J than actually listening to the music.

Watching her perform...she is no musical artiste. She obviously doesn't live and breath through her music, she seems more interested in showing off. She's a manufactured pop princess who, as others said, has grown up in an opportunistic setting. It's a shame because there are unknown singers who could belt her off the stage struggling to get their voice out.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed a hint of Mariah on the Michael Buble xmas special but it was more of her trying to emulate Mariah, not so much sounding naturally like her. She even tried to copy Mariah's hand movments when delivering high notes. She has a good voice but it isn't amazing. If i ranked all the great female vocalists, she perhaps wouldn't make the top 100.

My main issue with her is she how incredibly badly produced her music is.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    The Mariah comparisons are fruitless and incorrect. She has nothing on Mariah when Mariah was her age and I doubt she'll follow the same path to legend... very few do. She's obviously a talented singer, but she has awful diction and doesn't seem to be able to connect her voice melodically with the song. Random vocal runs and melisma can sound amazing and really add depth, but Ariana seems more focused on running up and down her vocal chords like Jessie J than actually listening to the music.

Watching her perform...she is no musical artiste. She obviously doesn't live and breath through her music, she seems more interested in showing off. She's a manufactured pop princess who, as others said, has grown up in an opportunistic setting. It's a shame because there are unknown singers who could belt her off the stage struggling to get their voice out.

To be honest, I would make a lot of the same criticisms of Marian Carey.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    To be honest, I would make a lot of the same criticisms of Marian Carey.

I don't know who Marian Carey is, sorry.

Nah, in all matter of fact, I can see how that would be the case. Particularly of the Mariah of today, but when Mariah was at her peak, she was an artistic vocalist and the reason Ariana Grande sings the way she does. Ariana is quick to hide comparisons between her and Mariah now, but if memory serves me right people only started really paying attention to her as a singer after she released a cover of Emotions on iTunes.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I don't know who Marian Carey is, sorry.

Nah, in all matter of fact, I can see how that would be the case. Particularly of the Mariah of today, but when Mariah was at her peak, she was an artistic vocalist and the reason Ariana Grande sings the way she does. Ariana is quick to hide comparisons between her and Mariah now, but if memory serves me right people only started really paying attention to her as a singer after she released a cover of Emotions on iTunes.

Well my autocorrect apparently doesn't know who Mariah Carey is, so yeah.. :D
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her voice, but she is incredibly overrated. She is often put in the same bracket as Mariah, when in reality she has nowhere near the power of Mariah.