Options

Scientists Photograph Soul Leaving Body At Death, According To New Study

13»

Comments

• Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Is that a tangible thing, though, or is it just a perception we adopt as a result of knowing that the person has died?

If you were to watch a bunch of video's of people lying still in beds, including some of people who passed away peacefully, would we be able to tell which ones were which?

Was reading some more stuff about that russkie guy and he seems to claim that he's got evidence that the souls of people who've died violently are "confused" and will leave a body after death but then re-enter the body several days later, before finally leaving again.

All seems very "Oogie Boogie" to me. :blush:

As a nurse who has witnessed the deaths of many including members of my own family I would say it tends to be a tangible thing. Some people have a certain type of breathing near death and there is an obvious physical change when death occurs. Others are more silent but there is often a physical change which can be seen and observed....ie the facial muscles relax, breathing ceases, the chest ceases to rise and fall etc., If one observes closely and knows the signs you can usually tell when someone has died even if the death was peaceful.

I am simply referring to these obvious well documented changes at death nothing more...anything else is simply interpretation on behalf of the observer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You 'witnessed' the expiration of life.

So what EXACTLY did you see?

See my post #52. In many cases checking of the pulse and pupils etc., is simply to confirm what you already know...that death has occurred.

But I have been a nurse for almost 40 years and verified death (although it is doctors who certify death) in an hospital environment on several occasions.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    WinterLily wrote: »
    As a nurse who has witnessed the deaths of many including members of my own family I would say it tends to be a tangible thing. Some people have a certain type of breathing near death and there is an obvious physical change when death occurs. Others are more silent but there is often a physical change which can be seen and observed....ie the facial muscles relax, breathing ceases, the chest ceases to rise and fall etc., If one observes closely and knows the signs you can usually tell when someone has died even if the death was peaceful.

I am simply referring to these obvious well documented changes at death nothing more...anything else is simply interpretation on behalf of the observer.

Yep, I thought that's the kind of thing you were talking about and I didn't mean to suggest you were asserting any kind of "oogie boogie" stuff was going on.

I might be wrong but I suspect this is one of those things where people do have certain primitive instincts about this stuff and they're what we feel in these sort of situations but they're also what make some people think that there's something "supernatural" going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Yep, I thought that's the kind of thing you were talking about and I didn't mean to suggest you were asserting any kind of "oogie boogie" stuff was going on.

I might be wrong but I suspect this is one of those things where people do have certain primitive instincts about this stuff and they're what we feel in these sort of situations but they're also what make some people think that there's something "supernatural" going on.

No I have not seen any evidence of 'oogie boogie' stuff, as you so eloquently put it.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    NO.

No to the story.

No to the link.

Just no.

Yes. No. I mean I agree.
  • Options
    fastzombiefastzombie Posts: 10,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the vidio and the links explain it well. Obviously the page that is sharing the article will go with the art work to attract people and a lot here have gone with that impression and debunked it. Well they will debunk it anyway, same people everytime, like flies to sh*t, come in and leave their sneering one liners. :D

Just thought it would be interesting to share. But I sometimes forget that most people on DS are people who will laugh jeer and sneer at anything like this and then go discus soaps like thay are really life, or discus reality TV as though its real and not being manipulated to suit the programme makers and what they want the outcome to be :confused:

I am not religious although I do confess to being quite a spiritual person.. in that I dont feel the need to look down on anyone, respect other peoples choices and beliefs even though I might not agree with them.

I do know that a living person gives off something that a person who has just died doesn't. I have felt the loss of that something when someone has just died. Its very hard to explain it to someone who hasn't felt it.

Yes I've felt that too, looking at a body that five minutes before was a living person. It is hard to explain it but it does seem shell like, vacant. Obviously there are many biological things that are taking place at death that might be used to explain it, or that people prefer as an explanation, but I am with you on that myself. And yes it would be nice if people just respected each others choices and thoughts but that's not going to happen on DS is it.