Options

James Corden - surely can't be true?

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I know it's not uncommen for two paople 2 heve e beby end gat merriad.

It is though uncommen for tha parson with ona of tha worst parsonalitias in tha world to do so.
    Do you know him personally? Or do you just know his TV persona/Smithy?
    Also.......please learn to spell, or at least use a spell checker.
    At the end of the day, while youre on DS bitching about him, he has a model wife and beautiful baby to keep him happy. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    I'm a cynic. But I said I agree that looks don't mean everything, so I'm not that shallow. But I'm realistic enough to admit that many people are, particularly very pretty women like Corden's wife, who rarely date someone they consider "beneath" them, either in looks or status.

Very attractive women tend to either go for looks or status/wealth or both. Corden has at least one of the two, so can be considered a "catch". If living in the real world makes me a shallow cynic, so be it it.;)
    I know others have disagreed, but I think you're spot on and being totally realistic.
    I know someone with an uncannily similar physique and personality to JC, he's a tradesman, so not loaded with money. He's overweight, boorish, (admittedly cracks an amusing joke or two) but thinks he is a real catch, which in itself seems to be extremely offputting for women. I can truthfully say most of the attractive women I know would not touch him with a dog-pooey stick, never mind marry him!
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, while youre on DS bitching about him, he has a model wife and beautiful baby to keep him happy. :cool:

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer. Hazel is incapable.
  • Options
    Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer. Hazel is incapable.

Yeah, the OP is a trolling WUM. They just reiterate the same bigoted nonsense over and over again and never address any salient points raised which may shake their "argument".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say, I took the OPs statement as a tongue in observation. I thought it was rather humorous, and didn't think anyone would take it particularly seriously.
  • Options
    HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hahaha. Did you REALLY miss the point? wow if you did.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to bed Hazel, trolling must be tiring work :)
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only like him on A league of their own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hazel amuses me. If everyone posted laughing smilies at what he/she said, he/she would get bored really quickly.

Hmm, but I don't know her personally, so maybe I can't comment....
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    What a horrible bitchy post.

Deeply unpleasant, isn't it.

I am no fan of his but in interviews he always comes across as a nice bloke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Deeply unpleasant, isn't it.

I am no fan of his but in interviews he always comes across as a nice bloke.

Never heard of pretending?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why with all the money he's got (so he can hire personal trainers and dieticians, unlike most), he doesn't just lose weight. All it takes is a bit of willpower. I put him in a similar class to Adele, as a fat person who might actually be considered "hot" by many, if he lost some weight. Underneath the double chins, he's got handsome features.

But i suspect he may actually be afraid of what would happen to his career if he was no longer fat. He's essentially built his career by being a "funny fat man". Would people still find him particularly amusing or talented, if he was just a regular slim bloke?

if he stays fat, the cash keeps rolling in. He may get paranoid one day about his wife (who is fairly attractive) fancying other men, and that might spur him to lose weight.

Im sure he has just lost about 5 stones or something like that. He had to do it for a play he was in.
    Theres no need for anyone to be surprised that he has got married, he is rich and famous, thats enough for many women. Look at Wayne Rooney, hes married and no woman in her right mind would go out with him, let alone marry him if he wasnt a multi millionaire.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble with losing weight is that everyone's body has a natural mass. If you're naturally fat then not only do you have to work hard to get the weight off but you have to keep working hard to keep it off. It's why short term diets are useless.

Luckily my body is naturally perfect.
  • Options
    Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a cynic. But I said I agree that looks don't mean everything, so I'm not that shallow. But I'm realistic enough to admit that many people are, particularly very pretty women like Corden's wife, who rarely date someone they consider "beneath" them, either in looks or status.

Very attractive women tend to either go for looks or status/wealth or both. Corden has at least one of the two, so can be considered a "catch". If living in the real world makes me a shallow cynic, so be it it.;)
    I do hear you. In a lovely warm fuzzy world, everyone would value one another for vibrant, caring personalities over looks. However, the flip side of the argument is that James Corden took advantage of his celeb status to 'swerve' his female counterparts -who are,presumably, equally warm and witty- to take the 'blonde' option :cool:. = Not a dig at you or JC - or Mrs JC- just saying. Also, I enjoyed Gavin and Stacey [so shoot me :D], and JC's onstage role in Alan Bennett's History Boys. Ditto, to finding him irritating during his early quiz show/awards show gigs, but, as already stated, he's admitted to making mistakes during the process of growing up, so I wish him, Mrs C [+ little'un] well in their new life :)
  • Options
    BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Im sure he has just lost about 5 stones or something like that. He had to do it for a play he was in.
    Theres no need for anyone to be surprised that he has got married, he is rich and famous, thats enough for many women. Look at Wayne Rooney, hes married and no woman in her right mind would go out with him, let alone marry him if he wasnt a multi millionaire.

No one's surprised that he's married. Just that he's married to a girl much higher up the scale than him on the looks spectrum (though it shouldn't be a surprise, because as you say, he's rich and famous, and that's enough for many a pretty lady). If Corden was poor and not famous, chances are he'd end up with a girl who looked more like him.

There's someone out there for everyone. Even Rooney might have snagged some toothless council estate scrubber if he wasn't a rich footballer:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Corden In my eyes = Not funny!

I dislike him as a comedian or whatever he is and I also dislike his personality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Corden In my eyes = Not funny!

I dislike him as a comedian or whatever he is and I also dislike his personality.

Absolutely - there is an awful lot to dislike, I agree.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprising really - OP is a seasoned troll.:yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    No one's surprised that he's married. Just that he's married to a girl much higher up the scale than him on the looks spectrum (though it shouldn't be a surprise, because as you say, he's rich and famous, and that's enough for many a pretty lady). If Corden was poor and not famous, chances are he'd end up with a girl who looked more like him.

There's someone out there for everyone. Even Rooney might have snagged some toothless council estate scrubber if he wasn't a rich footballer:D

I think Rooney would have struggled to get anyone if he wasnt rich. No one would be that desperate hes revolting in looks and personality.
    Hopefully Coleen will come to her senses whilst she is still young and find someone who has a bit of respect for her.
    She doesnt need him as shes now got her own money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member

I think Rooney would have struggled to get anyone if he wasnt rich. No one would be that desperate hes revolting in looks and personality.
    Hopefully Coleen will come to her senses whilst she is still young and find someone who has a bit of respect for her.
    She doesnt need him as shes now got her own money.

Didn't she start going out with him when they were both at school?