Was anyone here a fan of Sunset Beach?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »
    Did you watch the wonderfully wacky American daytime soap that ran for only a few glorious years and ended about 10 years ago?

The story of cute, little Meg & Ben, Gabby & Ricardo and co.

Deliberate bad acting.
    Characters that talked to themselves.
    Fantasy sequences.
    Hilarious, rediculous storylines.

Despite all the nonsense, you somehow still cared about the characters, and that was the genius of the show.

A real cult show if ever there was one, and 10 years on i still miss it.

I loved it!!

Wish they'd do re runs
  • Options
    NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunset Beach was the best TV show ever. I was totally hooked. It provided pure escapism; something which in a double dip recession would be welcome on tv now.

It provided excellent villains; namely Annie, Virginia and Gregory. It was hilarious and never took itself too seriously.

Used to love skiving school and watching this and 'The Bold and the Beautiful'

Hearing about this show takes me to a much happier and easier time in my life
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Yep loved it. It was the most bizarre show ever but thats what was good
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it!

Completely daft and bonkers, but fun to watch. And all those fit guys, such as Cole and Father Antonio! Phwoooaaar!!:p
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I loved it!!

Wish they'd do re runs

me too

I remember the hot priest antonio :D
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I loved it, it was so surreal and like another FM mentioned, it never took itself seriously. I was a student at the time it was on and I was completely addicted to it, watching it while taking a break from my studies. I loved the Channel 5 announcer too, he was so funny.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really nice to see that those who watched it still have very fond memories of the show.
    It seems that those who gave it enough time to 'get it' didn't just enjoy the show, but really loved it.
    That says an awful lot about a show that only ran for a few years and finished a decade ago.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me too

I remember the hot priest antonio :D

Same here.......... :D

Father Fit ;)
  • Options
    topcat2topcat2 Posts: 6,265
    Forum Member
    does anyone remember the storyline with the cursed jewels that made you old.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes I used to watch it and the gorgeous Cole is married to Leanne Rimes.
    Cole in action
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    God this show was so bad, but strangely addictive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote: »
    Father Fit ;)

Father Fit was one of the reasons I had to watch. :D

That and vile but funny Annie and the hilarious storylines. Especially the Jewels of Rosario or whatever they were called. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »

That and vile but funny Annie and the hilarious storylines.

Yeah, Annie was a fantastic character!!!:)
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunset Beach was hilarious. I liked Virginia - the woman of many wigs. She'd just slap on a new wig and fool a complete hospital into thinking she was a doctor.
    Remember she 'stole' some sperm from the hospital, drugged Vanessa and then inseminated her with it using a turkey baster? All in the name of getting her claws into Vanessa's boyfriend. Amazing.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat2 wrote: »
    does anyone remember the storyline with the cursed jewels that made you old.

yes! That was hilarious. But my favourite storyline was when Ben woke up in the mortuary after being "killed" by his evil twin brother Derek, only to be kept captive by a crazy gothic female mortuary attendant. In the meantime Derek was wooing Meg who thought he was Ben.

They had some riciculous but hilarious storylines.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I loved it. I always remember that stupid woman whose husbands twin brother locked him in the basement and posed as him for a whole year. She never suspected once.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    Father Fit was one of the reasons I had to watch. :D

That and vile but funny Annie and the hilarious storylines. Especially the Jewels of Rosario or whatever they were called. :D

Me too...... From the guys i always liked Mark but then he died, and then Father Fit came in.... wasnt into Anotinio/Gabi

Annie was hilarious

Remember Francesca popping from the cake, she had been shot i think lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One memorable line from Ben that summed up the wonderful wackiness that was SB, was simply...Bloody Witch Doctors.:D
    Where else would you ever hear a line like that?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote: »
    Annie was hilarious

Remember Francesca popping from the cake, she had been shot i think lol

Francesca was another great funny character. The baddies in Sunset Beach were always the best characters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    Oh yes sunset beach i loved it ,it was mad outlandish far-fetched just what a great american soap should be :D:D:D