Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Linda_AndersonLinda_Anderson Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    Depends who you beleive, those who hate rangers (90% of this thread), will say rangers died, and this is a new club, as club = company, so they have no history and are a new club.

Others say that the company owning rangers disolved, but the clubs assets including history, stadium, players etc were purchased by another company, that is who own rangers today.

It will never be agreed upon, the best way to tell is to check with governing bodies as to wether it is the same club or not.

i think they all agree is is the same club, but who knows.

as far as i am concerned they are the same, most here disagree.

I can't remember if anyone came out and officially stated if Rangers were a new club or justa new company taking over Rangers.
    Rangers are the same club, run by a new company (or "newco").

Moreover, they are widely regarded as the same club and so those trying to deny it are ultimately wasting their time.

That makes sense. I was never sure if it was newco in regards to completely new club or newco in regards to new company taking over Rangers.

I'm a Hearts supporter :D Well someone has to support them :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Why? If Bill gates with all his billions started a new club with a new stadium should they get automatic entry to the football league or should they have to go through the same process as anyone else?

Yes, they should go through the same process as everyone else. But that is very different as I am sure you know.

I said the above with regards to Rangers and referred to their huge fanbase ( and there is their history, however arguable the links are ). It is quite clearly a very different scenario.

I was never one to go with the "armegeddon" stuff if Rangers weren't in the SPL ( and for me they had no right to be there ), but any suggestion that they should not be part of the main Scottish league set up suggests very questionable motives and / or a lack of common sense.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    :D stand up if you hate st m*****:D

stand up if you're gonna be promoted?

WHAT

NO ONE
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    stand up if you're gonna be promoted?

WHAT

NO ONE
    :D

There can't be any Partick Thistle supporters around :D
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    Exactly, what has changed, have certain promises been made by an associate member?

Another club statement asking what has changed http://www.peterheadfc.com/news/605-club-statement-league-reconstruction

So remind us again what is in it for the 18 clubs in the bottom league - what benefits are they going to gain from being in a tougher league with no extra funding??

BTW where is this money coming from all of a sudden - you know the stuff used to pay the SFL1 clubs off to vote YES??

And finally - do you think this reconstruction plan ticks the right boxes and do you agree with it?? Because strangely I haven't seen too much support for it apart from (surprisingly) Celtic fans and a few SFL1 chairmen ... strange that, very strange.:D
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    So remind us again what is in it for the 18 clubs in the bottom league - what benefits are they going to gain from being in a tougher league with no extra funding??

BTW where is this money coming from all of a sudden - you know the stuff used to pay the SFL1 clubs off to vote YES??

And finally - do you think this reconstruction plan ticks the right boxes and do you agree with it?? Because strangely I haven't seen too much support for it apart from (surprisingly) Celtic fans and a few SFL1 chairmen ... strange that, very strange.:D

Well, the SPL clubs voted for it, and originally 28 SFL clubs, although that now seems to be a 14/14 split for some reason.

There are parts of it that are good, there are parts of it not so good, I think the good outweighs the bad.
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Moreover, they are widely regarded as the same club and so those trying to deny it are ultimately wasting their time.

So where was the history bought from?

Was it the club? Was it the old company?

If it is the same club, why are they only associate members? surely the membership would have remained?

Why did Charles Green and Jim Traynor both claim that the club died last summer?

Why, had the won the Scottish Cup, could they not have competed in Europe?

This club/company stuff is just utter nonsense, I know it, and you know it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How many times has this got to be pointed out - when you get numpty fans from the lower league being obsessed with this it really does take the biscuit.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the SPL clubs voted for it, and originally 28 SFL clubs, although that now seems to be a 14/14 split for some reason.

There are parts of it that are good, there are parts of it not so good, I think the good outweighs the bad.

So if it has been voted on as you suggest why hasn't it been pushed through and as I seem to recall the whole point of reconstruction was to try and get a better top division ... yet that doesn't seem to have been touched too much.

Now it seems to be getting pushed through in order to help the 2nd tier clubs financially - a cynic might think that this is in effect an exercise in trying to buy some votes and nothing else really.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So where was the history bought from?

Was it the club? Was it the old company?

If it is the same club, why are they only associate members? surely the membership would have remained?

Why did Charles Green and Jim Traynor both claim that the club died last summer?

Why, had the won the Scottish Cup, could they not have competed in Europe?

This club/company stuff is just utter nonsense, I know it, and you know it.

Don't give up the day job in favour of a mind-reading act. You're no good at it. ;)

The history was bought along with the rest of the club.

Rangers are associate members of the SFL because they've never been in the SFL before.

Rangers can't compete in Europe because accounts weren't produced (this happened in Whyte's time, well before Green's company took on the running of the club).

We could go round and round with this. Certain fans of other clubs need to stop obsessing about a club they claim doesn't exist any more. :)
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangers are associate members of the SFL because they've never been in the SFL before.
    Of course they have. Football didn't start in 1998, you know.

They're associate members because they're a new club.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Of course they have. Football didn't start in 1998, you know.

They're associate members because they're a new club.

OK, I'll rephrase it: Rangers are new to the SFL. Call it rejoining after many years if you want. Annan Athletic were associate members until recently and they weren't a new club.

Supposed new club, same old fixation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I'll rephrase it: Rangers are new to the SFL. Call it rejoining after many years if you want. Annan Athletic were associate members until recently and they weren't a new club.
    Annan are associate members because they applied to join the SFL. Just like The Rangers.

If The Rangers weren't a new club, they would have stayed in the SPL. But they're not, so they didn't and so had to apply, as a new club, to the SFL for the vacancy available in the Third Division.

Out of curiosity, what round of the Scottish Cup did The Rangers enter at this season?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you DON'T know the hows and whys of rangers BY NOW ..... then you never will!
    and aren't worth listening too

now knock it off
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annan are associate members because they applied to join the SFL. Just like The Rangers.

If The Rangers weren't a new club, they would have stayed in the SPL. But they're not, so they didn't and so had to apply, as a new club, to the SFL for the vacancy available in the Third Division.

Out of curiosity, what round of the Scottish Cup did The Rangers enter at this season?

Rangers not staying in the SPL was nothing to do with being a new club (which Rangers are not).

Rangers entered the Scottish Cup this season in the same round as the other Division Three clubs.

Round and round we go. We're supposedly a brand new club but you care so much about us. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    if you DON'T know the hows and whys of rangers BY NOW ..... then you never will!
    and aren't worth listening too

now knock it off
    Don't presume to tell me what I can and cannot say on here.

If you're ever appointed a moderator, come back then we'll talk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangers not staying in the SPL was nothing to do with being a new club (which Rangers are not).
    Really?

Here was me thinking that the SPL voted not to transfer the share of Rangers FC to The Rangers FC.
    Rangers entered the Scottish Cup this season in the same round as the other Division Three clubs.
    Indeed they did.

And yet if they were the same club as the one that played in the SPL the previous season...
    8. Clubs Exempt from Playing in Round One, Round Two and Round Three of the
    Competition

Round Three
    The clubs which, in the previous season, were members of The Scottish Premier League
    and those clubs finishing in The Scottish Football League First division league positions one
    to four, shall be exempt from playing in Round Three of the Competition.

So why didn't The Rangers skip Round Three?
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D

Surely you cannot really be that clueless Callum?

Who do you think was in charge of the leagues in Scotland before the SPL was formed?
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Who do you think was in charge of the leagues in Scotland before the SPL was formed?
    David Murray and Gavin Masterton?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?

Here was me thinking that the SPL voted not to transfer the share of Rangers FC to The Rangers FC.

Indeed they did.

And yet if they were the same club as the one that played in the SPL the previous season...

The question of the SPL share was to do with possible transfer from the former owner of the club to the new owner of the club.

As for the Scottish Cup, Rangers were obliged to enter the competition at Round Two along with the other Division Three clubs. When it came to that round we had to go in. I think it's possible that we could have skipped Round Three if we had pushed for it (remembering that an exemption is not the same as a ban) but that would have meant giving up the money from a home gate, so why would we have wanted to - even if the club was aware of the possibility?

Some fans of other clubs seem to think there's some sort of "magic bullet". Some tiny point of procedure which will somehow prove what they so dearly want. Don't waste your time on it.

Even if you were right (which you're not) Rangers are widely seen as the same club anyway. In two years (or two decades) are there still going to be obsessed fans of other clubs popping up, crying "You're deid! You're deid!"? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the Scottish Cup, Rangers were obliged to enter the competition at Round Two along with the other Division Three clubs. When it came to that round we had to go in.

As Mark posted The Scottish Cup rules clearly state that the round you enter the cup in is determined by the league position the previous season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    As Mark posted The Scottish Cup rules clearly state that the round you enter the cup in is determined by the league position the previous season.

Not for the round Rangers entered. Try actually reading the rules and you'll see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not for the round Rangers entered. Try actually reading the rules and you'll see.

If they were the same club then they should have entered at the same round as the likes of Celtic regardless of the fact the team now playing at Ibrox is in the fourth tier of Scottish football.
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations must go to Alistair McCoist, the first manager in football history to go from a lead of 15 points in the SPL to securing the SFL3 league title 18 months later.

First trophy as manager as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when LIVINGSTON were liquidated in 2009 and demoted to the third division, they started their scottish cup in the second round!

NO ONE is exempt from his rule
This discussion has been closed.