Options

Grindr App playing up?

Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Is anyone else's Grindr playing up displaying the "There is a problem contactingtthe server. Please try again" message?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone experiencing the same problem trying to get onto Grindr? :confused:
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll just have to have sleazy sex with a stranger another night. Sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »

I beg your pardon mate? >:( Keep your inappropriate, assumptions & homophobic attitude to yourself. I didn't post anything crude or wrong. Just asking if anyone is experiencing trouble logging onto the App.
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's nothing wrong with having that tonight or any night ;-)
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try restarting your phone and if that fails just uninstall and reinstall.
  • Options
    Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what it is and now I'm too scared to ask.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I beg your pardon mate? >:( Keep your inappropriate, assumptions & homophobic attitude to yourself..

Why is that homophobic?

A little judgemental about casual sex maybe, but I am pretty sure that opinions are allowed are they not? Presumably Addisonian would have posted the same if I asked for advice about a straight casual sex app.

It's pretty inappropriate to call someone homophobic with no evidence to be honest.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what it is and now I'm too scared to ask.

It's a network where LGBT (although it's aimed primarily at gay men) can meet other people. Usually for casual sex.

Yeah, didn't see any homophobic comments above either :confused:
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found grindr quite flakey and bug prone. I have no idea why it's so popular when the other shag apps offer lots more features and don't crash all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with having that tonight or any night ;-)

Especially when the sun is out & the hunks walk around shirtless or with tight vests & shorts. LOL.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    Try restarting your phone and if that fails just uninstall and reinstall.

I've tried that x3 now even by taking the battery out but sadly no luck...
  • Options
    FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried that x3 now even by taking the battery out but sadly no luck...

Its down for a lot of people and there was nothing homophobic about that persons comments you should apologise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Why is that homophobic?

A little judgemental about casual sex maybe, but I am pretty sure that opinions are allowed are they not? Presumably Addisonian would have posted the same if I asked for advice about a straight casual sex app.

It's pretty inappropriate to call someone homophobic with no evidence to be honest.

Perhaps it was wrong choice of words on my part for which I apologise. I just put it down to homophobic attitude for the fact he/she labelled it as sleazy. But as I said I'mI'm sorry. I've been a DSF member ssince 2004 now & to this day I've never got off on the wrong foot with anyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foox wrote: »
    Its down for a lot of people and there was nothing homophobic about that persons comments you should apologise.

Is it down for you too? I don't answer to anyone but if you scroll up, you'll find I have...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it down for you too? I don't answer to anyone but if you scroll up, you'll find I have...

Not a case of answering to anyone..... just manners as you jumped to the wrong conclusion... and glad you did. And yes its down for me and my sleazy ways too ;) see the sleaze comment you can have at but not one that wasnt made ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I've always found grindr quite flakey and bug prone. I have no idea why it's so popular when the other shag apps offer lots more features and don't crash all the time.

It's improved a lot from how the old version was in 2011 but 10 blocks a day is ridiculous. You should be allowed to block as many people as you want without upgrading to Grindr Xtra & wasting £5 monthly. It still tends to be slow at times but the messages have been coming through a lot quicker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a case of answering to anyone..... just manners as you jumped to the wrong conclusion... and glad you did. And yes its down for me and my sleazy ways too ;) see the sleaze comment you can have at but not one that wasnt made ...

Like I said as an old member of this forum for the last 10 years I've never fallen out with anyone & that certainly isn't my intention now. Where you from? What's your profile name on Grindr? Wondering if you'd appear on my screen or whether we're too far away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said as an old member of this forum for the last 10 years I've never fallen out with anyone & that certainly isn't my intention now. Where you from? What's your profile name on Grindr? Wondering if you'd appear on my screen or whether we're too far away.

Im on the south coast :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im on the south coast :)

Check your Private Messages please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    People still use Grindr?! That app wasn't working correctly years ago when it first came out. Delete.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoops just seen this...

Cole, sorry if I offended you.
    I do disagree with casual sex with strangers - gay and straight - and, from what I've heard about this Grindr thing, that's pretty much what it's all about.
    I certainly wasn't being homophobic - but I can see how my comment might have come across as judgemental and prickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoops just seen this...

Cole, sorry if I offended you.
    I do disagree with casual sex with strangers - gay and straight - and, from what I've heard about this Grindr thing, that's pretty much what it's all about.
    I certainly wasn't being homophobic - but I can see how my comment might have come across as judgemental and prickly.

No worries Addisonian. It's all good in the hood. X :)
    There are people on there who are just after the casual hook-up with NSA. Sometimes it's not a bad thing when the weather is THIS good & you need to release some tension, lol. But I'm certainly not one of those. ..

The damn App is still not working. Anyone else having trouble signing in? >:(