That was all a bit crap wasn't it?

dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
Forum Member
✭✭
After what felt like weeks and weeks of endless build up Hayley's final episodes could have been so much better, I didn't like the fact that everyone kept knocking on the door, Carla and Tyrone in particular annoyed me with there behavior. David Neilson was heartbreaking as Roy but Hayley came across as quite cold and heartless at the end. Could have been much better!

Comments

• SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Interesting thoughts. Looks like it hasnt gone down well universally.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think it was anywhere near as fantastically written as Alma Baldwin's death.

Kind of disappointed to be honest.
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 8.30 episode should just have been a two-hander with Roy and Hayley. None of the other stuff should have been included. If they wanted Carla to discover what has happened, that should have been done at the start of the next episode.

Was still very emotional, but the silly scenes in the cafe etc ruined what could have been an amazing episode.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I thought it was just showing that life was continuing as normal with people talking about trivial things.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine what that must have felt like, however, I really thought Hayley was so selfish to do that to Roy..... I felt so bad for poor Roy bless him ..... Hayley didn't seem to stop and think about Roy once since she found out.

I also found it silly and out of character for Hayley to do something like that when she's always been holier than thou and always bleating on about doing the right thing and the right way. Disappointed. ^_^
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was ruined by Anna and Carla just wtf leave them be, they should of been alone as it ended.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Hayley was frowning after death. Doesn't happen.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not been a fan of Corrie for MONTHS now, but the episodes tonight were fantastic - I would have preferred it if Part 2 was a two-hander between Hayley and Roy though
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a huge let down to be honest.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Carla and Tyrone ruined the episode.

As did those awful Gloria/Sponger scenes.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I didn't think it was anywhere near as fantastically written as Alma Baldwin's death.

Kind of disappointed to be honest.

Alma's death was much better
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried, a lot. But. Big but i think they shouldn't have made her last scene her chocking on the meds. Should have been her laying down in roys arms. I know they are going for reality but. They should have have kept carla finding her for a few hrs or let it be anna when she opened up the nxt morning. With them still in the same position together. Now that would have been worthy.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other scenes just weren't needed - why did we need the Dev/Stella pap and Nick/Leanne crap and Chesney stuff all just ruined if! Like someone said a two -hander would have been better!
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end scenes between them were well acted, spoilt by having to see her chugging down the mixture.

Then ruined by the constant cut away to people banging on the door.

They could have left Anna etc wandering in until Wednesday's episode and just given Roy and Hayley those final moments alone.

But then choosing to do it whilst it's still early and the cafe's open was stupid writing.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was ruined by Anna and Carla just wtf leave them be, they should of been alone as it ended.

OH.....MY....GOSH!! I couldn't believe it when Anna just let herself in with spare keys ESPECIALLY when she had an inkling of what may be happening. How can you just let yourself into someone's house when they are home and not answering!!!?!?!?!?!? Take a hint and GO AWAY!!! I would have killed her *figure of speech of course* that was so out of order!! >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was ruined by all the interruptions and Hayley should have just taken the drink while Roy was getting rid of Tyrone so she could have just drifted off. Shocking writing. >:(
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carla and Tyrone ruined the episode.

As did those awful Gloria/Sponger scenes.

Agreed.

The second episode, at least, should have only featured Roy and Hayley.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was ruined by all the interruptions and Hayley should have just taken the drink while Roy was getting rid of Tyrone so she could have just drifted off. Shocking writing. >:(

Hayley wouldn't have done that to roy
  • Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said this in another thread but I wonder if those interruptions will be witnesses in a police investigation/court case?
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A two hander would have been much better, but it wasn't all about drama, it was about the "issue" and it's one that affects everyone.

Having said that, I would have left Carla and Anna's scenes until the next episode.
  • buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when Stan Ogden died , Jean Alexander (Hilda) was featured for the whole time the credits rolled - no cut to network and a silly Samaritans promo.

How times have changed (for the worse)
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only part of me that was moved was my dinner. Just awful!

Alma's death was so much more poignant, this was just like Carry On Cancer! Really, such a let down.
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said this in another thread but I wonder if those interruptions will be witnesses in a police investigation/court case?

Yes think you right but it was done so heavily it was obvious it was clear when he was saying to anna about no specials and gloria with her complaint and in particular Norris. Who will either really stitch roy up by going on about how different he was or not.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the whole issue was well handled, well acted and very sad.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I think the other thigs were to convey about how life will go in and that everybody's issues are trivial, for example, Norris, Owen and Gary rambling. Why we needed those scenes with Anna, her and Carla should have come up to the flat the beginning of the next episode!