Intelligence (UK Pace)

VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Sky 1 have picked the rights and will premiere in on April 17th at 9pm

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/04/sky1-picks-uk-rights-cbs-intelligence-sets-premiere-april-17th/

Comments

• plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in time for the CBS cancellation notice :-)
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I've been watching this at US pace, dropped a few other new shows but kept with this one as I actually thought it was ok, not mind blowingly brilliant but very watchable! Mixed feelings that it's not (I assume) getting renewed, if they give it a proper ending I wouldn't mind so much but I would definitely have carried on watching if it got a second season.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching this at US pace, dropped a few other new shows but kept with this one as I actually thought it was ok, not mind blowingly brilliant but very watchable! Mixed feelings that it's not (I assume) getting renewed, if they give it a proper ending I wouldn't mind so much but I would definitely have carried on watching if it got a second season.

I watched the first episode, liked it but it screamed cancellation so the rest are on my "If it survives" pile. I'd like to see that happen, and would happily use it for filling the summer drought. Unfortunately the bubblewatch has been predicting it's cancellation for a while, and the cancellation bear has it as "certain to be cancelled by May, 2014"
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To take some things from the announcement:
    Verence wrote: »
    Disney - never a good way to start
    one agent with a very special gift - you can hear the warning bells
    a microchip - hello? This is 1980 calling: can we have our concept back please?
    Director of ... said: high-tech, breathlessly paced, exciting - so we can assume in reality it is none of those
    [a suit, who's possibly never seen a single episode] for The Walt Disney Company, added: intrigue, drama, and a strong cast - or those?
    irresistible storytelling - now you're just takin' the mick!

In all, the summary has the sound of desperation in it. The plot doesn't sound great and really doesn't sound at all original. The cast has no-one I've ever heard of (though, TBF I never pay much attention to the names of people in shows) and I can't think of any shows from Disney that I've considered worthy of the time taken to watch them.

In summary: one to avoid. Maybe I'll come back later and see what the forum makes of it.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    petely wrote: »
    In summary: one to avoid. Maybe I'll come back later and see what the forum makes of it.
    Well I'll be watching it and making my own mind up.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Well I'll be watching it and making my own mind up.

I've just watched it via U.S pace and thought it was ok, bit cheesy in parts, it's a bit of a cross between Jason Bourne and Chuck (without the humour).

As I said it was ok and kept me tuning in each week but it's only 13 episodes and I doubt it will be renewed for a second season.

Anyway watch it if you like and make your own mind up.
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice concept, potential for a great series, but totally disappointed with the ham acting and silly story lines

one NOT to watch again! Thumbs down!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As they say in Team America, BAD INTELLIGENCE. BAD.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted to like this because I loved Josh Holloway in LOST, but it was so cheesy. The woman in charge (Lilia?) was particularly bad I thought. A shame, because I think with the right script this could have been pretty good.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given the bad reviews after it was shown in the US, and given that the US ratings were *awful* and it's likely to be cancelled, I didn't even bother watching this...
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    flyingv wrote: »
    I really wanted to like this because I loved Josh Holloway in LOST, but it was so cheesy. The woman in charge (Lilia?) was particularly bad I thought. A shame, because I think with the right script this could have been pretty good.

Yes I think you mean Marg Helgenberger 'Lillian'.

She was a bit miscast IMO. Had very little personality.

The show wasn't bad but it just felt 'soulless'.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was okay, watchable at least, but nothing out the ordinary.

The problem for me was that it implied from the trailers it was going to be something so much more, gritty something to keep you going back, perhaps in the vain of shows like 24.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first one and thought it was pretty poor but the second one was an improvement so I'll stick with it for the time being.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I think you mean Marg Helgenberger 'Lillian'.

She was a bit miscast IMO. Had very little personality.

The show wasn't bad but it just felt 'soulless'.

Thanks for that, I thought she was very wooden.

I was amazed though that it took until ep 2 for Josh to get his top off...

I'll probably continue to watch if I'm home and there's nothing better on.
  • G926G926 Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Look, they remade Chuck but without the jokes.
    Forum Member
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    Anyway watch it if you like and make your own mind up.
    I have; and it was okay. Not a "must watch, would miss if it it were to be cancelled", but okay.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    I hate how generic the whole show is and nothing stands out as original.

They had a tick box of stuff to do and cancellation will be fully deserved.

You took away hrs of my life "intelligence"......
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G926 wrote: »
    Oh Look, they remade Chuck but without the jokes.

exactly, but actually not being a humourous diversion ..... they might be phoning in their performances, but the visualisations are the stuff driving this!

and it's actually LIKABLE in it;s own way, i like it slightly more the XIII
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the first 2 episodes on sky one and I liked it, does remind me a bit of Chuck and Jake 2.0 without the humour.
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    I hate how generic the whole show is and nothing stands out as original.

They had a tick box of stuff to do and cancellation will be fully deserved.

You took away hrs of my life "intelligence"......

The obsession with including improbable advanced technology is too much the driving force and often at the expense of the story or characters.
  • TheGrouchTheGrouch Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Watched the first 2 episodes on sky one and I liked it, does remind me a bit of Chuck and Jake 2.0 without the humour.

That was a fun show before the wheels came off!

This show is like a charmless/poor man's 'Person of Interest'. Can't warm to the lead actor in this at all. I'm out.

Regards
    TG
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    00tommo wrote: »
    I watched the first one and thought it was pretty poor but the second one was an improvement so I'll stick with it for the time being.
    I was the opposite - liked the first episode, nonsense yes, but fun - gave up on the second, after about 20 minutes....plain stupid!
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)

I was amazed though that it took until ep 2 for Josh to get his top off...

I'll probably continue to watch if I'm home and there's nothing better on.

Josh getting his top off is the only reason to watch it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    :)

Josh getting his top off is the only reason to watch it

Even the threat of that wasn't enough to hold my interest in ep3 :o:(
    Forum Member
    Well I think you're quite possibly wrong about that; given the fact that she spent 10+ years in the US top-rated show CSI :)