Source Button

JamesBsheppardJamesBsheppard Posts: 341
Forum Member
I have a Humax Foxsat HDR, anyone know what the Source button on the remote is for? The manual says"controls the output of TV scart" but that's it, not very helpful(like the rest of the manual:rolleyes:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a Humax Foxsat HDR, anyone know what the Source button on the remote is for? The manual says"controls the output of TV scart" but that's it, not very helpful(like the rest of the manual:rolleyes:)

The HDR also has a VCR SCART through which it is possible to record to a VCR or DVD recorder. When playing back a video tape or DVD, the "Source" button will switch the output on the TV SCART to the input from the VCR/DVD. Pressing it again will return the TV SCART to normal.

Edit: The "Source" button also has an unintended use that confused me at first, but may sometimes be useful. Under certain circumstances, with the HDR remote in PVR mode, it can be used to switch the TV between its internal tuner and the HDR. If the TV SCART is used for connection to the TV but the VCR SCART is not used, pressing the "Source" button will switch the output to the unconnected VCR socket. Depending on your TV, this is likely to result in the TV switching to its internal tuner as there will be nothing on its SCART input. Pressing the "Source" button again will activate the HDR's TV SCART and the TV will switch back to that input. [Additionally, if you have programmed the TV mode of the HDR's remote to your TV, it should do the same thing as the equivalent button on your TV's remote and select which input the TV uses.]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I have set my Tv to be controlled by the Humax remote so that when I press TV button then source, I can switch between the different inputs into my TV ie HDMI/ AV1 / AV2/ etc...
  • JamesBsheppardJamesBsheppard Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    awo1949 wrote: »
    The HDR also has a VCR SCART through which it is possible to record to a VCR or DVD recorder. When playing back a video tape or DVD, the "Source" button will switch the output on the TV SCART to the input from the VCR/DVD. Pressing it again will return the TV SCART to normal.

Edit: The "Source" button also has an unintended use that confused me at first, but may sometimes be useful. Under certain circumstances, with the HDR remote in PVR mode, it can be used to switch the TV between its internal tuner and the HDR. If the TV SCART is used for connection to the TV but the VCR SCART is not used, pressing the "Source" button will switch the output to the unconnected VCR socket. Depending on your TV, this is likely to result in the TV switching to its internal tuner as there will be nothing on its SCART input. Pressing the "Source" button again will activate the HDR's TV SCART and the TV will switch back to that input. [Additionally, if you have programmed the TV mode of the HDR's remote to your TV, it should do the same thing as the equivalent button on your TV's remote and select which input the TV uses.]

Thanks for the reply,Will the loop through you mention in the 1st part will this still work in power save mode?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will the loop through you mention in the 1st part will this still work in power save mode?

I really don't know. I don't use the VCR SCART myself. I suggest you try it. My guess is that it will work in Standby, but not Power Saving Standby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    awo1949 wrote: »
    I really don't know. I don't use the VCR SCART myself. I suggest you try it. My guess is that it will work in Standby, but not Power Saving Standby.

What's the difference between standby and power saving standby??

Woolfynorm.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woolfynorm wrote: »
    What's the difference between standby and power saving standby??

Woolfynorm.

In power saving in standby every thing possible is shut down including lnb switching power. In non power saving the approx power saviing expands to a massive 4w approx :cool:. Compared to sky box (circa 35W it's insignifcant
  • coulrophobecoulrophobe Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    In power saving in standby every thing possible is shut down including lnb switching power. In non power saving the approx power saviing expands to a massive 4w approx :cool:. Compared to sky box (circa 35W it's insignifcant

I assume you mean consumption, not saving.:)
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume you mean consumption, not saving.:)

Absolutely :o