The Ratings Thread (Part 43)

Comments

• RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    Sam Hodges ‏@Sam_Hodges
    Inside #Claridge's was the highest rating programme at 9pm last night, averaging 4.3m (inc BBCHD)

Always looked likely. Another series surely beckons?
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Media Guardian ‏@mediaguardian
    Monday TV ratings: Inside Claridge's 4.3m/18.5%, The Poison Tree 3.9m/16.7%, Bad Santas 1m/4.2%, Nigellissima – xmas special 2.4m/9.8%
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only broken hearted folk on Christmas morning will be grown adults who have invested so much of their time on a fictional television series that hasn't quite ended how they wanted that they lost touch with reality and the things that really matter in life.

Most children, being more emotionally well rounded and mature, will have moved on and be focused on playing with their toys.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emm: 7.15m (32.7%)
    EE: 7.64m (31.5%)
    Corrie: 8.49m (35.7%) and 8.69m (34.5%)

MF: 3.01m (12.9%)
    TPT: 3.66m (15.6%)
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MNF: 728k (3.3%)
    * peak: 1.31m (5.2%) at 20:30
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    Sam Hodges ‏@Sam_Hodges
    Inside #Claridge's was the highest rating programme at 9pm last night, averaging 4.3m (inc BBCHD)

Bet BBC2 wishes they had a longer series of Inside Claridge's. A very successful show for them and it was only a matter of time before it won the 9pm slot. BBC2 also have a Great British Bake Off special tonight as well that could do well too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Emm: 7.15m (32.7%)
    EE: 7.64m (31.5%)
    Corrie: 8.49m (35.7%) and 8.69m (34.5%)

MF: 3.01m (12.9%)
    TPT: 3.66m (15.6%)

I noticed that EastEnders are doing trailers that are counting down to the episode where Kat's lover is revealed. Do people actually care about who Kat slept with? Ratings still are at the same levels it's been at for months.
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,573
    Forum Member
    I've nothing to post ask I've been usurped by DMN (damn you)

very good rating for Inside Claridge's, hope any second series stays on BBC Two. It would be a bit of a shame if Beeb's second channel just became a testing ground for BBC One commissions
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Looking at those Inside Claridge's ratings(which are excellent!) makes me wonder why ITV don't do another such series. They had a really big hit with The Savoy circa 6m as far as I remember, a few years back.
    Also around the same time they had a highly rated prison documentary that did very well too, Wormwood?, I wonder why they did not re-commission something else in a similar vein?
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've nothing to post ask I've been usurped by DMN (damn you)...
    Only Connect final?

K
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    Only Connect final?

K

yes, I have purpose :p

also Olympics 2012: 50 Greatest Moments - 781k
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've nothing to post ask I've been usurped by DMN (damn you)

very good rating for Inside Claridge's, hope any second series stays on BBC Two. It would be a bit of a shame if Beeb's second channel just became a testing ground for BBC One commissions
    I was thinking the same about that and The Great British Bake Off leave them where they are.
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Looking at those Inside Claridge's ratings(which are excellent!) makes me wonder why ITV don't do another such series. They had a really big hit with The Savoy circa 6m as far as I remember, a few years back.
    Also around the same time they had a highly rated prison documentary that did very well too, Wormwood?, I wonder why they did not re-commission something else in a similar vein?
    It was very similar to ITV's show looking at The Savoy. ITV could do well with another popular factual show at 9pm.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Girls, Sky Atlantic?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike can you see how a programme's ratings are doing each day as more timeshifted viewing is included?
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same about that and The Great British Bake Off leave them where they are.

It was very similar to ITV's show looking at The Savoy. ITV could do well with another popular factual show at 9pm.

unless they're fronted by (pointless) celebrities, ITV doesn't seem that interested in doing primetime factual programming
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Mike can you see how a programme's ratings are doing each day as more timeshifted viewing is included?

unfortunately not, our company doesn't get the respondent level/consolidated data.

We buy our tv data from a bureaux and the weekly stuff that I put up on Mondays comes directly from Kantar.

I'm in the dark about consolidated data until around lunchtime on a Monday
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, I have purpose :p

ta - glad to be of service!!!

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unless they're fronted by (pointless) celebrities, ITV doesn't seem that interested in doing primetime factual programming

They've given Joanna Lumley another one this Sunday. The celeb ones didn't rate as well as their most popular 9pm factual series. You'd think they'd try and do more of the latter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unfortunately not, our company doesn't get the respondent level/consolidated data.

We buy our tv data from a bureaux and the weekly stuff that I put up on Mondays comes directly from Kantar.

I'm in the dark about consolidated data until around lunchtime on a Monday

I see. Thanks for that. I was wondering if SPOTY was adding large numbers of viewers.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Dancing dog. But there have been more singers/dancers winning than others. A gymnast group won in 2010 and the dancing dog won this year.

I personally favour it over XF in terms of entertainment.

If BGT ever did find a talking dog it would probably get record ratings.
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    If BGT ever did find a talking dog it would probably get record ratings.

nah, it's already been done years ago on That's Life!

:)
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    What are the overnights for nigellisma and for Bad Sants?
    Forum Member
    johnnymc wrote: »
    What are the overnights for nigellisma and for Bad Sants?

2285 (not inc BBC HD) and 793k respectively

• rr22rr22 Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    2285 (not inc BBC HD) and 793k respectively

Thank you mike, and with HD? That's extremely low for four! Jay hunt is not getting it right.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nah, it's already been done years ago on That's Life!

No I meant a properly talking dog not one saying sausages, but I guess if that ever happened it wouldn't just be on BGT heh.

By the the way what have you done with Challenge its missing from the BARB top 10,s
This discussion has been closed.