The Saturday's New Single What About Us ft Sean Paul

Comments

• javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh gosh... not a fan of the 'official' release. It took me a while to get into the song when the remixes first came out as it was. This just doesn't 'feel' right. The tempo seems too slow for what could be a good dance track. Sean Paul doesn't help.

Its definitely not a track which screams success either, especially for a launch! I hope it works as I like The Saturdays. But it doesn't look promising to me... The route they are heading musically doesn't really seem to work. Image/sound change way too fast - especially when others do it much better.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Yeah it's a pretty weak song to debut with in the US. They need to do what Cher Lloyd did with Want U Back and start out with their strongest song. I think Ego would be a good choice.

That or even the version of Higher with Flo Rida would have been a hit. Up would have been good too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they can do really well. They have a new reality series on E! So hopefully people will watch. Only thing is that is Sean Paul still big in America ?
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    The remixes are better tbh, maybe it will grow on me though
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    The version without Sean Paul is so much better!
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't listened to it yet. I am prepared to wait until it is played on UK radio. As it is, I have just said on a girlbands thread that I feel the Saturdays have lost their way a bit recently.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I haven't listened to it yet. I am prepared to wait until it is played on UK radio. As it is, I have just said on a girlbands thread that I feel the Saturdays have lost their way a bit recently.

That's if they do play it on UK radio. I heard it's getting released in January in the UK/Ireland but I don't know how true that is.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song is ok but it doesn't seem like a song that will chart well like it'd be good on an album as a single not really. They could release "Notorious" there I reckon that would do well or even "30 days" much better songs.

I love The Saturdays really hope they do well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Only on Digital Spy have I seen that this has been announced as the official version. Have The Saturdays said anything about this version as it is upload on YouTube to a fan channel.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its okay, generic, but okay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its OK they peaked on their first album they are just celebrities now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pierson wrote: »
    Songs like Higher only come every so often. If they had another song like Higher, you can bet that they'd release it.

Never going to happen. The Saturdays brand is worth millions to the label, it's not just about music sales.

OMG!! that is rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They're not selling albums...
    They're not selling singles...
    They played a local gig in my area not too long ago & didn't even fill the small venue!

"The Saturdays Brand" doesn't really exist & if it does then trust me it's a very weak brand.
    It IS about music sales... if they can't sell albums then why would any record company even bother wasting money on them!?
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt they'll offer to get their flaps out on SNL if it charts on the Hot 100.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    They had it all set up brilliantly with Chasing Lights. Fantastic album, brilliant tracks and a great sound.

And then it all went very downhill from there.

Totally lost their way and it's unfortunate as I honestly thought that they'd take over Girls Aloud as the biggest girl band in the UK.

Then Girls Aloud came back and reminded me exactly why they have been so successful, along with am amazing come back song that the Sats could only dream of releasing.

They need to sort themselves out and go back to square 1. And I also find it a bit offensive that they are trying to crack America when they've hardly 'cracked' the UK yet. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Their management is useless. It's such a shame. Girls Aloud, The Saturdays and Little Mix have all been involved on some reality show, and The Saturdays seem to be the most entertaining, interesting and friendly. I hope the US embrace them. You never know, it could be the case where they aren't successful in their native market but do very well in another continent (e.g. Anastacia).

And plus, they get a lot of hate from Girls Aloud fans. I'm starting to get sick of telling people older than me to grow up. They act as if The Sats badmouth GA all the time. You have to wonder how miserable these people are to sit behind a screen and throw a tantrum at people they don't even know. Well I guess it mirrors the behaviour of some of the members of the very band they support.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    OMG!! that is rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They played a local gig in my area not too long ago & didn't even fill the small venue!

"The Saturdays Brand" doesn't really exist & if it does then trust me it's a very weak brand.
    It IS about music sales... if they can't sell albums then why would any record company even bother wasting money on them!?
    Firstly, the only headline gig they've done recently is a show at The Roxy in Los Angeles which did sell out so I have no idea what gig you're referring to.

Secondly, The Saturdays are worth £2.6m according to financial records heat magazine's accountants studied: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/one-direction-reach-the-top-five-1393358 That makes them the fourth richest band behind Girls Aloud and One Direction. They're likely to become the third in the New Year as a result of their lucrative US TV deal. If you call that a weak brand, you must be a multi-millionaire yourself.

Their management company is co-owned by their record label and so the label get a cut of most of their earnings, which includes their endorsement deals, tours, gigs, tv shows and merchandise. Endorsement deals for bands like The Saturdays are at least six figures. They earn a five figure sum for just one festival performance alone. That's why record sales aren't the be all and end all. Music sales, on the whole, are down and lots of artists are unexpectedly flopping. The Saturdays aren't doing that badly in comparison to the likes of Tulisa. Even the mighty Cheryl Cole's last album has only scraped 100k. That's the same amount as The Saturdays' 'flop' second album Wordshaker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pierson wrote: »
    Secondly, The Saturdays are worth £2.6m according to financial records heat magazine's accountants studied: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/one-direction-reach-the-top-five-1393358 That makes them the fourth richest band behind Girls Aloud and One Direction. They're likely to become the third in the New Year as a result of their lucrative US TV deal. If you call that a weak brand, you must be a multi-millionaire yourself.

The 4th richest band!!! LMAO!!!
    How many bands are there ..... 4????
    Seriously, these girls are on their last legs!!
    I guarantee you - A Greatest Hits CD by next Xmas to mark the END of their career.

For the record I am a fan of theres but a reality check is in order!

Best of luck to them but if i were a "multi-millionaire" like you assume I am...!?? Trust me, I wouldn't be investing my money in these girls. They've been around for about 5/6 years and IN MY OPINION achieved very little in that long space of time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never say never. They could be very big out there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a complete mess
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's out now https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/what-about-us-single/id585656594 doesn't seem to be on UK iTunes but it's online in the usual places ;)
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's alright, but I wish they would go back to their Chasing Lights sound. This new song sounds rather generic.

Yeah, me too. Though I did like Work, and Higher.
  • MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The remix to this song is so much better!! But I think its a grower, but sounds to summer!

Like someone else said they should bring out a old song and bring it out..
    Ego, Issues and Forever Is Over.. Could of been good choices!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Where is the better quality of this song? i really want to hear it in CDQ. why they only released the saturdays version on itunes? http://rnbxclusive.se/2012/12/the-saturdays-feat-sean-paul-what-about-us
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #954 on US iTunes

The UK release has been pushed back to March!!! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    #954 on US iTunes

The UK release has been pushed back to March!!! :eek:

Slowly but surely