The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Yeah it wasn't my favourite performance. Nice to hear the live vocals compared to some of the others though..

Haha. :D

Can I just say though, I surprisingly liked Mariah's song, does anyone know the name?
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I see you :cool:

Haaaa ;-):D
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listening to our Queen on my recording <3
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Haha. :D

Can I just say though, I surprisingly liked Mariah's song, does anyone know the name?
    Its called Meteorite, its from her latest album.
    I thought the performance was a little messy tbh, she can do better as proven by her NBC special last month. But it is what it is.
  • AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    Finally, here it is! Enjoy :)

LA LA LA - WORLD MUSIC AWARDS -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__JflxkE8dU

Can you make it available on mobile please? :)
  • Bubble_BeamBubble_Beam Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha leona's taking beyonce's award for best rnb artist QUEEN :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you make it available on mobile please? :)
    How do I do that? I always thought YT did that automatically :blush:.

EDIT - I just googled it, apparently it isn't available on mobile because the music is copyrighted, sorry :(.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha leona's taking beyonce's award for best rnb artist QUEEN :cool:
    Did Leoan win an award? I stopped recording :(.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh.. I'm liking the recorded version more than the streaming
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm... I'm not that impressed tbh. Nice to hear a new performance, but I dunno... something was off about it. Maybe it's the fact they started it as a ballad, Lee's voice was a bit iffy too imo. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Leoan win an award? I stopped recording :(.

no unfortunately .. :D she's taking the rnb award on bee's behalf :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its blocked in my country .. Q_Q
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    no unfortunately .. :D she's taking the rnb award on bee's behalf :D

Damn Leona, you better make sure it's YOU winning the awards at Island
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the "La La La" performance! It was nice, but I'm not too fond of it to be honest. She belted a couple F#5s at the end which were really good though and her lower register sounded solid in the first verse with the piano.

She hasn't really belted F#5s for a while now though, so nice to see her using her upper chest register. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    hmmm... I'm not that impressed tbh. Nice to hear a new performance, but I dunno... something was off about it. Maybe it's the fact they started it as a ballad, Lee's voice was a bit iffy too imo. :(
    I think the issue was the verses, Leona is a soprano and struggles when singing that low, she should've brought the key up a little imo. I loved the belts at the end though, thats where Leona finds her stride.

Its pretty obvious thought hat Sam was busy and Island asked Leona to do it last minute though, She's on the same label as Sam now after all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its blocked in my country .. Q_Q
    Sorry about that, YT makes these decisions!

You could try downloading the program Hotspot Shield though, it lets you watch anything regardless of IP :)

http://www.hotspotshield.com/
    Forum Member
    I think the issue was the verses, Leona is a soprano and struggles when singing that low, she should've brought the key up a little imo. I loved the belts at the end though, thats where Leona finds her stride.

I thought she sounded great in the verses. It's when she went into falsetto is when it sounded off at times for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry about that, YT makes these decisions!

You could try downloading the program Hotspot Shield though, it lets you watch anything regardless of IP :)

http://www.hotspotshield.com/

ty :D
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the issue was the verses, Leona is a soprano and struggles when singing that low, she should've brought the key up a little imo. I loved the belts at the end though, thats where Leona finds her stride..

It wasn't even that, she just sounded 'off'. Even when belting and going into her upper register...
    and it didn't sound 'smooth'. I dunno how to describe it, she sounded like she had something stuck in her throat for the whole thing like she had a cold or something
  • AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be possible for somebody to send me the audio of the video? Won't be on laptop for ages to see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be possible for somebody to send me the audio of the video? Won't be on laptop for ages to see it.
    Give me a minute ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    I thought she sounded great in the verses. It's when she went into falsetto is when it sounded off at times for me.
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    It wasn't even that, she just sounded 'off'. Even when belting and going into her upper register...
    and it didn't sound 'smooth'. I dunno how to describe it, she sounded like she had something stuck in her throat for the whole thing like she had a cold or something
    I can see what you mean, it definitely wasn't her best performance. I just think the whole arrangement of the song wasn't suited to Leona, she probably didn't have a lot of time to rehearse. I really loved the belts at the end though, they sounded really effortless to me.
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,245
    Forum Member
    Finally, here it is! Enjoy :)

LA LA LA - WORLD MUSIC AWARDS -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__JflxkE8dU

Thank you!!! I loved the beginning. She was kinda shaky during second verse but I have to say I really enjoyed her performance. She was singing live, her stage presence was great and those F#5 OMG!!! I was like REALLY? LOVE them.:o:cool:
    Forum Member
    The more I listen to the performance, the more I like it - especially the first verse. I mean her voice sounded so great and comfortable in her lower register. She hit a few E3s in the first verse and they sounded pretty good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wasn't very keen on that performance, I do not think the song was suited to Leonas singing style.
This discussion has been closed.