Storylines Dropped / Forgotten?

RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Over the years there have been a number of soaps where a story has been picked up, 'flavour of the week' then promptly forgotten all about!

Examples include:

Darren teaching Keith Miller (EE) how to read. Was going quite well until it was never mentioned again.

Michelle's son in Corrie not being her actual son. The biological son, her son's real parents, and the storyline was never explored further or mentioned.

Can anyone think of any others or know why stories are so hyped then promptly forgotten about?

Comments

• wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Most of the current EE storylines seem to have been dropped in the last few weeks
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the Louise s/l was poorly executed in EE. Last time Phil saw her, Louise was being pushed on a swing in a park by her 'new daddy' with her mum right there.

Yet we're supposed to believe she can just turn up in Walford, be found by her dad's cousin and move in with her dad and his partner (both with records) and brother in less than a month? And no-one explains fully where her 'old' family are?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy the great post robber :eek:
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Tanyas sister she turned up twice out of the blue only to leave an episode or two later never to be mentioned again.

Jays prostitute friend I know they had to drop the massage parlour storyline but I dont get why they had to get rid of the girl so quickly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milmol wrote: »

:D:D:D I think he may have appeared on DS as I keep losing my posts!;)
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long ago in Brookie there was several hints over the suitability of Katrina as a nanny - questions about why she left her last job, lack of references, etc.

I always thought something would come of it but it never did.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot about Michelle's other son
    Corrie:

Danny Baldwin was going to have an affair with Kelly but it just got dropped for no reason.

Janice wanting to become a nurse and being taught by Ken

EE:
    Dennis once won a car from Minty in a poker game yet a few weeks later was having to get the bus everywhere

And my personal favourite. Minty was introduced as Laura's hardfaced, a%$ hole landlord who was a complete pr1ck to her. Phil convinced him to sort it out because they go back years, Minty said sorry and fixed what needed to be fixed for her. But these flats were never seen or heard of again...
  • marius1marius1 Posts: 5,529
    Forum Member
    milmol wrote: »

this storyline is picked up again very soon and involves some drugs
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eddie Windass prentending to be Roy Cropper.. So he could win a prize at the supermarket
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    The connecting door between Tony and Max's flat in Hollyoaks. Max and OB spent ages using it to play tricks on Tony, yet a couple of months later when Claire was holding Max prisoner in the flat and OB was trying to see him he tried breaking the door down, rather than using the secret door they'd used to get from into Tony's (where OB was now staying).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    i think the worse forgotton storyline is corrie with michelle forgetting about her son alex. she doesnt even mention him nor does ryan mention his family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    does any one know how to get rid of the annoying ads that keep coming up here
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does any one know how to get rid of the annoying ads that keep coming up here

They'll probably get dropped and forgotton about sooner or later. Shame really was looking forward to seeing how it all panned out
  • charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronation Street:

Janice becoming a nurse- she saved Joshua, but was then never mentioned again.

Michelles other son

George and Eve have totally disappeared again. What an anti-climax

Waterloo Road is the worst for forgetting storylines/ characters.

Tom seems to have totally forgotten about Donte/Chloe or Mika and they have never been introduced to there new"brother". They were major characters but just seem to have left and never be mentioned again...

Rachel and Phillip seem to have forgotten about Eddie and Melissa and the new baby. Phil has never mentioned his new brother/sister and Rachel never mentions the "love of her life"...

Rose has forgotten that she has a son in prison for murder. Steph has forgotten her adopted daughter was murdered. Rose never mentions Marley or Prince. Rose never visists Earl in prison. Ridicolous really as Earl was supposed to be some major psycho but seems to have totally been forgotten about. Rose has forgotten she is a grandmother! Does that baby ever get mentioned?

Kim has forgotten she kidnapped and formed a bond with a baby girl. She wasn't even arrested and nothing happened to her after that...

Rachel and Chris have suddenly forgotten they have developed feelings for each other at the end of last term and even slept together.

Rachel has forgotten she has a henious scar on her breast that damaged her relationship with men. Didn't seem to stop her going into bed with Chris...

Tom seems to have forgotten all about Davina.

Helen Hopwell, Jasmine and Matt all seem to have vanished off the face of the earth.

Andrew Trenaman returned to Waterloo Road, only to disappear again next series and no mention of why he left. Kim didn't seem to bothered as she soon jumped into bed with Max...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat had a heart attack and was at deaths door for a couple of minutes.
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Real Walford. But glad it was dropped.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coronation Street:

Janice becoming a nurse- she saved Joshua, but was then never mentioned again.

Michelles other son

George and Eve have totally disappeared again. What an anti-climax

Waterloo Road is the worst for forgetting storylines/ characters.

Tom seems to have totally forgotten about Donte/Chloe or Mika and they have never been introduced to there new"brother". They were major characters but just seem to have left and never be mentioned again...

Rachel and Phillip seem to have forgotten about Eddie and Melissa and the new baby. Phil has never mentioned his new brother/sister and Rachel never mentions the "love of her life"...

Rose has forgotten that she has a son in prison for murder. Steph has forgotten her adopted daughter was murdered. Rose never mentions Marley or Prince. Rose never visists Earl in prison. Ridicolous really as Earl was supposed to be some major psycho but seems to have totally been forgotten about. Rose has forgotten she is a grandmother! Does that baby ever get mentioned?

Kim has forgotten she kidnapped and formed a bond with a baby girl. She wasn't even arrested and nothing happened to her after that...

Rachel and Chris have suddenly forgotten they have developed feelings for each other at the end of last term and even slept together.

Rachel has forgotten she has a henious scar on her breast that damaged her relationship with men. Didn't seem to stop her going into bed with Chris...

Tom seems to have forgotten all about Davina.

Helen Hopwell, Jasmine and Matt all seem to have vanished off the face of the earth.

Andrew Trenaman returned to Waterloo Road, only to disappear again next series and no mention of why he left. Kim didn't seem to bothered as she soon jumped into bed with Max..

LOL this made me laugh, it's so true. I remember Steph morning Maxine for about a week and has only mentioned her about once since.

Also Tom seems to have forgotton he was living with Sambuca and they had a close bond, Denzil too. I don't think he's mentioned Davina, Izzy, Lorna, Mika or Chlo for years LOL
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Eddie Windass prentending to be Roy Cropper.. So he could win a prize at the supermarket

That storyline did get resolved as I remember Hayley finding out and confronting Eddie but I can't remember what punishment Eddie received.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    The mystery of of the disappearing characters in Waterloo Road is the best - they did mention that Mika had gone to Uni, but heaven knows what happened to Chlo/Donte/Jasmine/Matt/Helen Hopewell/Davina/Earl

And why did nobody grieve for Maxine for more than 5 minutes?

Also, Aleesha and Danielle were supposed to have been 'bought' by Jack Rimmer in S3 because they were 'Gifted and Talented' - they did their GCSEs in one year - yet this series, they were shown failing the Uni interview thing they did - what happened?

However, they've stopped doing long running stories in Waterloo Road now - they just focus on a different character every week.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janice becoming a nurse, I'm sure they'll pick that up again at some point. Everyone would be complaining if she was suddenly a nurse after 2 minutes of training!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    marius1 wrote: »
    this storyline is picked up again very soon and involves some drugs

OOOOOH! Intense, actually cannot wait. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks - Fletch running away because after he mugged Sacha so he could buy drugs. He's never been mentioned since.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    The storyline in Eastenders where they were going to transform the gardens and also Roxy was going to pay for a fountain, and now it seems to be completely forgen. I thought Jean wouldn't let this drop? :S
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The revelation of Archie raping Ronnie when she was a kid seems to have been conveniently forgotten by Roxy. She still bangs on about her beloved dad and is quite happy to spend his millions and not give Ronnie anything when she needed some money last week ................but.................he raped your sister Roxy ?? :rolleyes:
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    In Hollyoaks they seemed to forgotten about Gaz being attacked by Anita and to think about it I don't think that there was ever an outcome.