Forum Help

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    You can't change your username and if you de-register you can't re-register from the same IP address so a big fat NO on both accounts I'm afraid :cry:

It's quite a pity really, I can't stand my username. :o
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »
    Are we allowed to change our names or de-register and come back as a new identity? I seem to remember someone saying this is no longer allowed but I'm not 100% sure.

mary patricia is correct: we no longer allow users to de-register to then re-register with a new name and we have been unable to provide name changes for a few years now due to technical restrictions.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not being a smart arse here, I genuinely don't understand the question. If you want to exculde words in a search couldn't you just not type them? :confused:

I don't get it :confused:

I feel really thick. What am I missing?
    It's not excluding the word, it's excluding any post that has the word in it.

EG.
    Say I want to find posts about RPG games.So I search for any post with the phrase "rpg" in it. However, I find loads of posts from this search result that also have , for eg, "fallout" in them. I dont want to trawl through them, as I have the game already, so I want to omit any search results on 'RPG' that also have 'fallout' in them.

Or in Toms example, that would give all posts that have "Aiden" in them, except any that also have "Grimshaw".
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a question!

When you're in the thread list pages, you can click on the Replies column to see a list of "Who Posted?" in a thread, ranked by number of posts. But is there a way of finding out once you've opened up the thread? - specifically I'm thinking if you've arrived at the thread via a search. You could of course hunt the thread down on the thread list, but this could take a few minutes and could be an extra hassle if it's a thread from over a year ago and you're set up to only view the last month or something. There ought to be an easier way, but I don't think there is. Could it not be added as an option under "Thread tools?"
  • HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    I have a question!

When you're in the thread list pages, you can click on the Replies column to see a list of "Who Posted?" in a thread, ranked by number of posts. But is there a way of finding out once you've opened up the thread? - specifically I'm thinking if you've arrived at the thread via a search. You could of course hunt the thread down on the thread list, but this could take a few minutes and could be an extra hassle if it's a thread from over a year ago and you're set up to only view the last month or something. There ought to be an easier way, but I don't think there is. Could it not be added as an option under "Thread tools?"

You could bump the thread, bring it to the top of the index, then click on the number...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Henderson wrote: »
    You could bump the thread, bring it to the top of the index, then click on the number...

Well you could, but there might be reasons why you think the thread is better left buried, or something like that. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a question!

Ignore this, I've just realised I've had my stupid hat on again :rolleyes::o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I have a question!

You could do it this way...

Each thread has an ID in the URL. I think it's a 8 digit number.

The URL of 'Who Posted in this thread' is:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=1429375

Replace the 8 digit number in the link above (1429375) with the ID of the thread you want to see who has posted in.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a question!

Click on the name of the thread starter, view 'all threads by', then click on the number from there.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a question!

I didn't know you could do that. Cool :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignore this, I've just realised I've had my stupid hat on again :rolleyes::o
    Confusing wrote: »
    You could do it this way...

Each thread has an ID in the URL. I think it's a 8 digit number.

The URL of 'Who Posted in this thread' is:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=1429375

Replace the 8 digit number in the link above (1429375) with the ID of the thread you want to see who has posted in.

Thanks anyway. Useful if you were searching for individual posts. :)
    Joni M wrote: »
    Click on the name of the thread starter, view 'all threads by', then click on the number from there.

Or, when performing a search, search for threads rather than individual posts. :)
    I didn't know you could do that. Cool :cool:

Well I'm glad my stupid hat was of some use! :D
  • leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I am at work I am unable to start new threads in any forum. The button at the top is not there for me. Does anyone know why and is there another way I can start a new thread?
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I am at work I am unable to start new threads in any forum. The button at the top is not there for me. Does anyone know why and is there another way I can start a new thread?

Maybe your work's system has DS 'blocked'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can that be when I can view it now and post? I just can't see the button for new thread. I'm at work now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can that be when I can view it now and post? I just can't see the button for new thread. I'm at work now!
    Hmmmm....all very odd. What do you see when you try to start a thread?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see nothing, where the button should be to click, its just blank. Very bizarre and annoying cos I can't remember what i wanted to talk about when I get home!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see nothing, where the button should be to click, its just blank. Very bizarre and annoying cos I can't remember what i wanted to talk about when I get home!

Best bet is to contact DS & see if they can advise you.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Why am I getting msgs from my AV that the DS is an unsafe website :(

This msg came up to day

`This website has been reported to contain the following threats:

Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Why am I getting msgs from my AV that the DS is an unsafe website :(

This msg came up to day

`This website has been reported to contain the following threats:

Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

Me too, there's a thread about it here Tissy.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1442726
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people on your 'ignore' list know they are on it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it. If you put someone on ignore it just collapses their posts. However if someone quotes them, you can see it. I'm gonna put you on ignore now to see if it makes any difference to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @ snow.mountain. I am now ignoring you! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. If they tried to send you a PM they would get a message saying you have the PM function disabled. Other than that they wouldn't know.
  • Jib111Jib111 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this, know how to make a poll now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ snow.mountain. I am now ignoring you! :D

:D Oh no! I feel lonely now!!

Also I was wondering suppose you ignore someone, and then they quote one of your posts in one of theirs ... how will you ever know?

The complications of social exclusion :(
This discussion has been closed.