Options

How are the candidates chosen?

Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
Forum Member
✭✭
Apologies if this has been discussed before, as I'm still fairly new to The Apprentice threads.

I only ask because when I looked at the individual blurb for the candidates most, if not all, appeared at some point to have already made the news for being precocious. Although they say anyone can apply it almost feels as though the junior Apprentice candidates were specifically head hunted, because they had already appeared in the past on national, or major regional newspapers for whatever they claim to be good at. Or maybe they got on because being able to provide press cuttings of what they had already done made it easy for the producers to fast track them rather than hold lots of auditions.

Comments

• Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a web-based application form that is open to anyone. From that initial list, a smaller number of candidates are invited to interviews around the country.
    On the basis of the regional interviews, about 75 candidates are called back for a second round in London. At this stage, the candidates are assessed in groups, and asked to do various exercises to test their business skills and how they work in a team.
    After this, between 20 to 30 candidates are assessed by a psychologist, references are taken and other checks made. It is from this group that the final line-up is chosen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0071b63/faq
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I believe that the first several stages are chosen by the producers, and once it is narrowed down, Lord Sugar gets a say on who he wants. I'm not entirely sure though.