Options

Back to Camelot, now with added Mackenzie Crook, Merlin S2 discussion, (6/4/2013)

Comments

• Options
    Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really want to know how you picture us! As for the blow by blow account <sniggers>. I'm not meeting Colin unless we somehow persuade him to come back with us/kidnap him so you'll have to rely on Avi for that one.

BIB eh? what? :confused: What am I doing now? ;)
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    *tuts* :rolleyes: Honestly! :p

LOL ;)
    Avi8 wrote: »
    Star was the hardest because neither of us know anything! Lem had a very definite image of you Star but I have forgotten most of the details. The one thing I remember is she thinks you have short spiky blonde hair but I think you have long sleek straight blonde hair. So which of us is closest?

You're the closest but my hair isn't blonde :)
    I really, really want to know how you picture us! As for the blow by blow account <sniggers>.

Me and you are so alike Keren ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But he's old! :p Nah, Liam is OK, but not a patch on Rupert. :D

Well, granted, he is 59 but he looks darn good on it.

And his wife was only a year older than me I think so he obviously would not consider me too young. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am well, thank you m'lady. I hope you are too? and how's our Aithusa doing? :D

I'm sorry to report that part 2 of 'The Pub Quiz' story has been put on hold while I wander off on another 'bad mood' story that involves Morgana being caught outside Camelot after S4 and put on trial for Sossery :(

But fear not, fair one! for help is at hand! Her defence council is Sir Stu of Camelot and he'll be calling on various witnesses such as Aithusa, Natarhi and your very good self throughout the proceedings...If you can make it, that is?

The first instalment should be ready tomorrow night hopefully

I am very well thank you. Me and Aithusa have had a lovely day :) We went for a stroll to Avalon lake because she fancied some fish. We met Merlin there and Aithusa 'accidently' set him on fire and after laughing for a few minutes (my bad :o:p) I pushed him into the lake to put him out. Ignore the bandage on his head he might have hit a rock on his way down :o

Of course I can make it. Anything for Morgana :) I look forward to reading it my good Sir.
  • Options
    RazzylewRazzylew Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, Witches Quickening. I'm running late I know, so I'll post my thoughts then read back on what you lot have already said....

Ok, A knight that's not Leon or Arthur? He won't live long then. Oh look. Nope. not long at all.

Mordred gave a very evil smirk there. Is that where Morgana learnt it from?

Ooo interesting. I assumed mind conversations were private (like a phone call) I didn't know they could be overheard. So how come Morgana didn't hear Mordred talking to Merlin in series 1? Because her powers were so weak? OK, why didn't Merlin hear Mordred call to Morgana then at least?

Wearing chainamil without a belt is even more unflattering than normal, Alvarr.

Warning Bells - drink!
    OK lots of warning bells, that apparently can't be heard in Morgana's chamber, so drink every time the scene cuts away then!

Another episode that makes me think my nightwear is just not glamorous enough. But probably more comfy.

More bells? Are the bell ringers trying to get us pissed?

Those vaults look barely visited, yet every time something goes missing Arthur/Uther/Gaius immediately identifies what has gone and knows what it did.

Well Merlin looks about as thrilled as Star, Natarhi or SirStu at the prospect of a conversation with the Dragon.

Morgana changes clothes, and again, and again! :eek: Clearly she's trying to finish off the job the bell ringers started.

So one footprint doesn't mean its a renegade, but a trail of them does?

I'm not sure who Morgana is meant to be upset for there - Arthur and the knights or Alvarr and Mordred?

Wow, they've made Mordred into a proper, unlikeable, unrepentant bad guy this episode.

Is Alvarr a druid? I assume not because he doesn't recognise Merlin to be Emrys. Have all the previous druids he's encountered recognised him?

Jeez Morgana - pick an outfit and stick to it! *hic*

BRCOS for Keren in lieu of any shirtlessness this episode.

Haha. Go to your room young lady!

Gaius you're wrong. I can tell you exactly what happens in the future, and its going to end up with pretty much everyone except you two dead. :rolleyes: :cry:

Guarding fail, vaguely redeemed by a cunning guard, but uhoh, plan failed, he'd dead - so the average Camelot guard IQ has dropped back to normal.

Not more bloody bells.... :eek:

Is that a threat from Uther to Morgana or a subtle plea not to admit her part so he can pretend to be ignorant, I wonder?

Overall, I thought it was an ok but not amazing episode. It could have benefited from some appearances from Leon.

As for the drinking, I think the bell ringers and Morgana were trying to have a competition to see who could get us the most pissed! :eek: Throw in a couple of guarding fails and some dramatic music and I'd've emptied my fridge of booze if I was actually drinking this week!
  • Options
    SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    I am very well thank you. Me and Aithusa have had a lovely day :) We went for a stroll to Avalon lake because she fancied some fish. We met Merlin there and Aithusa 'accidently' set him on fire and after laughing for a few minutes (my bad :o:p) I pushed him into the lake to put him out. Ignore the bandage on his head he might have hit a rock on his way down :o

Of course I can make it. Anything for Morgana :) I look forward to reading it my good Sir.

You did what? :eek: Both Morgsy and I have told you before that you shouldn't go putting fires out on your own! You could have got your hands all sooty or even singed your lustrous eyelashes! Did you stop to think of that young lady? :mad:

You should have left Merlin to burn until he found his own way into the lake (yes I know finding lakes isn't his strong point) or the fire burnt out of it's own accord...

Really, I'm very cross with you :mad::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You did what? :eek: Both Morgsy and I have told you before that you shouldn't go putting fires out on your own! You could have got your hands all sooty or even singed your lustrous eyelashes! Did you stop to think of that young lady? :mad:

You should have left Merlin to burn until he found his own way into the lake (yes I know finding lakes isn't his strong point) or the fire burnt out of it's own accord...

Really, I'm very cross with you :mad::D

*Head drops and shoulders slump at being told off by her guardian :(*

I'm so sorry my good Sir but I didn't want Aithusa to get in trouble for setting him alight.. again. The fire wasn't getting any smaller and after laughing I panicked thinking that Aithusa would get in trouble so I pushed Merlin.. with my foot not my hands god forbid I might have gotten them dirty :eek: Into the lake.

I'm truly sorry my good Sir. I promise that the next time Aithusa sets him on fire I shall do nothing to help :)

*Smiles at Sir Stu and looks upon him sweetly through her eyelashes*
  • Options
    Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, we talked about what Natarhi, Keren and Star looked like, but there isn't much to say because I told Lem what Natarhi looked like based on the photo you sent me Nats before Lem could speculate.

I then told her the little I know about you Keren based on what you have told me. Again, I kind of jumped in with what you told me and didn't actually wait to hear what Lem thought you looked like. Sorry! (I told you Nats, I am like that - I do talk too much :o)

Star was the hardest because neither of us know anything! Lem had a very definite image of you Star but I have forgotten most of the details. The one thing I remember is she thinks you have short spiky blonde hair but I think you have long sleek straight blonde hair. So which of us is closest?

Typical. :rolleyes: :p You're not off the hook though Lem, I still want to know what you originally thought! And the little you know about me? I've told you loads! You know my dress size, shoe size, height, hair colour, hair length, hair consistency, body shape, skin colour. The only thing I haven't said is my eye colour. I think you should guess what colour they are. :D

As for star, you're both wrong. She's clearly a brunette. I agree with you that her hair is straight though.
    Could do. *wonders where 'up here' actually is* It would have to be either a weekend or a Monday though. PM me and let me know if you have any free time if you want. :)

I have told you before where up here is. ;) But to be fair it was a while ago. I can't do a Monday, weekend would be okay but I really need them for work. I could just go down on the 6th and meet up with you then. Yes, I could spend the night at yours! Excellent idea, thanks Nat. :D
    BIB eh? what? :confused: What am I doing now? ;)

You're giving missy the blow by blow account of your meeting with Colin. ;)
  • Options
    NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Razzylew wrote: »
    Right, Witches Quickening. I'm running late I know, so I'll post my thoughts then read back on what you lot have already said....
    Don't worry, we're mostly talking about Avi meeting Lem. I'm not sure anyone else is actually watching the episode at all. :p
    Ooo interesting. I assumed mind conversations were private (like a phone call) I didn't know they could be overheard. So how come Morgana didn't hear Mordred talking to Merlin in series 1? Because her powers were so weak? OK, why didn't Merlin hear Mordred call to Morgana then at least?
    I'm going to say that the answer to question one is because she didn't properly have her powers, and the answer to question two is either that Mordred was too weak to properly project at that point, or that Merlin was too far away (we don't know he was in the castle when Mordred said Morgana's name). But I'm just filling in the plot holes. ;)
    Although I thought it was implied Merlin could hear Kara when she spoke to Mordred in series 5, so it would seem that mind conversations are not private.
    Wow, they've made Mordred into a proper, unlikeable, unrepentant bad guy this episode.
    Do you think? I thought he seemed like a lost child. He seems mostly to want to just see Morgana, and other than that is being influenced by Alvarr.
    Is Alvarr a druid? I assume not because he doesn't recognise Merlin to be Emrys. Have all the previous druids he's encountered recognised him?
    The druids in the camp of 2.03 (where Morgana ran away) didn't give any sign of recognising Merlin as Emrys. I think at this point the only other druid he's met is Mordred. He didn't even meet the Druids Mordred was given back to in 1.08, because Arthur took Mordred to them alone.
    Jeez Morgana - pick an outfit and stick to it! *hic*
    LOL! :D
    Is that a threat from Uther to Morgana or a subtle plea not to admit her part so he can pretend to be ignorant, I wonder?
    Good question.
    Overall, I thought it was an ok but not amazing episode. It could have benefited from some appearances from Leon.
    Well, what couldn't? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Head drops and shoulders slump at being told off by her guardian :(*

I'm so sorry my good Sir but I didn't want Aithusa to get in trouble for setting him alight.. again. The fire wasn't getting any smaller and after laughing I panicked thinking that Aithusa would get in trouble so I pushed Merlin.. with my foot not my hands god forbid I might have gotten them dirty :eek: Into the lake.

I'm truly sorry my good Sir. I promise that the next time Aithusa sets him on fire I shall do nothing to help :)

*Smiles at Sir Stu and looks upon him sweetly through her eyelashes*

*Eyes mist over at the selflessness of his wonderful, adorable ward...allows himself to be mollified* :D

Very well, I'll explain to Morgsy that you acted out of concern for Aithusa and was in no way trying to help Merlin...I think she'll be able to live with that :D

BIB - Too much risk to your dainty and delicate tootsies I'm afraid :(. If you must do it again, use a big stick or even better, an electrified cattle prod or a taser :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical. :rolleyes: :p You're not off the hook though Lem, I still want to know what you originally thought! And the little you know about me? I've told you loads! You know my dress size, shoe size, height, hair colour, hair length, hair consistency, body shape, skin colour. The only thing I haven't said is my eye colour. I think you should guess what colour they are. :D

Really? I will need to check my records then...

I have told you before where up here is.

Ah I actually think I do remember where you said you were. Very easterly? yes? So are you back on for being able to come on the 7th Keren?

You're giving missy the blow by blow account of your meeting with Colin. ;)

Oh right. I am booked to blow Colin. That's great. :D:p <---- getting ready. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D:D:D
    The only thing I haven't said is my eye colour. I think you should guess what colour they are. :D
    I guess green or grey. :)
    I have told you before where up here is. ;) But to be fair it was a while ago. I can't do a Monday, weekend would be okay but I really need them for work. I could just go down on the 6th and meet up with you then. Yes, I could spend the night at yours! Excellent idea, thanks Nat. :D
    I think you told me what station you would be coming into London from, but not any more than that. And for all I know you could be getting a bus or local train to get to that station, so I don't know very exactly where you are.
    Oh right. I am booked to blow Colin. That's great. :D:p<---- getting ready. ;)
    *Snert*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Eyes mist over at the selflessness of his wonderful, adorable ward...allows himself to be mollified* :D

Very well, I'll explain to Morgsy that you acted out of concern for Aithusa and was in no way trying to help Merlin...I think she'll be able to live with that :D

BIB - Too much risk to your dianty and delicate tootsies I'm afraid :(. If you must do it again, use a big stick or even better, an electrified cattle prod or a taser :D

*Places a kiss upon Sir Stu's cheek*

I am very sorry for worrying you my good Sir. I acted without thinking of my own safety, only to protect Aithusa.

Please explain to Morgana for me, I don't want to feel her wrath.. she's scary when she's angry :o

:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right. I am booked to blow Colin. That's great. :D:p <---- getting ready. ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just realised I'm going to be the only person there who hasn't met anyone before. I feel even worse now. Looks like I'll be swigging vodka on the train down then. :(

I won't have met anyone when we meet on the 18th. Worse still, you'll have all met each other together already AND seen the play. I'll just stand quietly in the corner (and knock back the drinks in the pub!)
    Even more useless guards, don't even know he's not a knight (mind you they must have a very high staff turn over, so I guess it's to be expected).

I thought that, but yes, the high turn around of knights is good excuse. I think the turn around is about to get even higher in a couple of weeks though, right?
    Did they not think of Merlin being able to hear Mordred?
    Yep, I have issues with this whole overhearing thing too. Although at least at this point they don't know how far away he is I suppose? (Assuming you're referring to when they were trying to work out which way to go?)
    Someone needs to dust down there.
    Please don't ever come to my house :o
    'Ey up, Arthur in the BRCoS and Uther in the father of the BRCoS in the same scene. One for Smint and Keren there. :D

I've never really understood the appeal of the BRCOS (at least when its not enchanted :p), but here Arthur looks like he's wearing a grotty brown dressing gown! :eek:
    Blah blah Gaius blah.

Oh and straight to the lying lizard, great.

Blah blah blah, does he ever shut up with this twaddle?

LMAO. I was thinking of you. I imagine you were necking your drink just to make it through those scenes :D
    Also I'm counting this as a retrospective guarding fail, seeing as Alvarr and Mordred clearly escaped Camelot. *drinks*
    Are you on a mission to get yourself to A&E tonight?
    Go Avi, go!

Nice little dancing step you're doing there Avi.

Avi! I completely forgot about you this week. I do apologise. I will keep an eye out for your majestic dancing when I rewatch this ep with the commentary.
    Ooh, vision of doom. So seeing the dragon burn Camelot all to ruins was not enough to stop you from releasing him Merlin? Ffs man get a grip.

Yeah, I can not understand why he would ever release the dragon after seeing that. I will wait until I see the episode because surely those writers and producers with their amazing attention to detail will have come up with a way to address that issue... :rolleyes:
    This has got to be some kind of Morgana outfit change record.
    She must be keeping Gwen very busy, so why isn't she suspicious (other than because that would require her to actually have some scenes and lines) unless Morgana can dress herself unlike Arthur
    Wish I was coming with you. I have pictures of you all in my head. I don't always contribute but read everything. I can't come though as we are on holiday but I will want a blow by blow account of your meeting with Colin.

If you can't make the 7th, come on the 18th! Then you can join me in meeting everyone for the first time!
    Just seen Rupert in the Philly ad. Son 2 said he looked like Liam Neeson. :confused:

The way he walks off at the end is the bit I love. I swear that's my reaction every time I hear the dreaded cry too. Although I usually take a bit longer than that before getting up in the hope it'll stop on its own. (It never does).

But wtf is going on with his hair?? At least it is just weirdly styled rather than a horrendous cut like Eoin's. Leave their hair alone people!
  • Options
    Lem_1Lem_1 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    She started it by saying she has mental pictures of us.. we NEED to know what they are

NEED is rather a strong term, anyway, looks like I'm totally wrong about you so I'll give up now :)
    I don't need to find out anything about Lem. I already know everything by hiding in bushes opposite her house and peering through the windows with my binoculars.

:eek::eek: quickly closes curtains
    Well, I am back from having tea with Lem. We had a lovely chat and both feel we will be that bit less nervous and shaky when August comes around. :D

Was fun and good to chat, although I do admit we were both shaking to begin with. I'm sure August will be less traumatic!
    It is nerve wracking and I confess to visiting the loo twice in quick succession beforehand :o but it is worth it Keren.

Glad it was worth it :D
    Interrogate? No!
    Discuss you? Oh yes! ;)
    Bean spilling? Hmmm, shouldn't I wait for Lem to get home first?
    No, she won't mind. Spill now!

She WILL mind :eek:
    No beans to spill but we did have a good chat about all sorts of stuff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Places a kiss upon Sir Stu's cheek*

I am very sorry for worrying you my good Sir. I acted without thinking of my own safety, only to protect Aithusa.

Please explain to Morgana for me, I don't want to feel her wrath.. she's scary when she's angry :o

:D:D

I'm sure she won't be angry with you, m'lady :) but she'll probably insist you burn the shoes you were wearing at the time because they've got Merlin on them :D

Anyway, I don't want you worrying yourself about that because you'll be appearing in court on Morgana's behalf soon :D and you'll need to be at your most restrained and dignified because Merlin is the chief prosecutor and he may want to ask you a few questions...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't ever come to my house :o
    Lol! :D It's all right I was being a complete hypocrite, I'm terrible at dusting. I tend to leave it until it's a good couple of cm thick and then hoover instead of using a duster. :o:p Do not even ask about the cobwebs on my ceiling.
    I've never really understood the appeal of the BRCOS (at least when its not enchanted :p), but here Arthur looks like he's wearing a grotty brown dressing gown! :eek:
    :eek: Did you miss it's first outing in series 1? It was a lot more sexy then. I confess I don't always notice it straight away now.
    Are you on a mission to get yourself to A&E tonight?
    The drinking list is the drinking list. I can't help it if they put 20 drinks in an episode can I?
    Avi! I completely forgot about you this week. I do apologise. I will keep an eye out for your majestic dancing when I rewatch this ep with the commentary.
    Yes, do. It's just after Arthur is teasing Merlin and before Merlin makes the footprints appear, as they are walking up to the fork in the path and stopping.
    Yeah, I can not understand why he would ever release the dragon after seeing that. I will wait until I see the episode because surely those writers and producers with their amazing attention to detail will have come up with a way to address that issue... :rolleyes:
    Oh they did. Just one that will make Star scream.

But wtf is going on with his hair?? At least it is just weirdly styled rather than a horrendous cut like Eoin's. Leave their hair alone people!
    Amen to that! We should start a new campaign (to run alongside our Burn the Shirts! one): Hands Off the Hair!

;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, there's appreciation for you! :rolleyes: How can Avi the Wonderhorse be forgotten? ;)
    Lem_1 wrote: »

You're back quickly! You must have put your foot down pretty firmly. <admires firm feet> :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She WILL mind :eek:
    Well Avi has already told us she described us to you before you could guess, so why not just say if you were surprised by the descriptions? :D You don't have to say what you were actually imagining (at least not as far as I'm concerned). ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, we're mostly talking about Avi meeting Lem. I'm not sure anyone else is actually watching the episode at all. :p

I didn't watch it :o

Because he's a ******* stupid, useless, ******, ****** :mad::mad:

Oh evening Razzle :D
    quickly closes curtains

Evening Lem :D
    Oh they did. Just one that will make Star scream.

Huh? Star is lost?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, there's appreciation for you! :rolleyes: How can Avi the Wonderhorse be forgotten? ;)

Its because your performance is so subtle and effortless. One of those people who adds depth and realism to a scene without us noticing due to its sublime subtlety. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she won't be angry with you, m'lady :) but she'll probably insist you burn the shoes you were wearing at the time because they've got Merlin on them :D

Anyway, I don't want you worrying yourself about that because you'll be appearing in court on Morgana's behalf soon :D and you'll need to be at your most restrained and dignified because Merlin is the chief prosecutor and he may want to ask you a few questions...:D

Oh thank god. I know how much she worries about me but I have assured her I can take care of myself :)

Oh Aithusa burnt them for me when we got home. They had a little bit of scuffing from the walk and I couldn't possibly wear them again :eek:

Oh I'll answer Merlin's questions alright :mad::mad:
  • Options
    Lem_1Lem_1 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Well Avi has already told us she described us to you before you could guess, so why not just say if you were surprised by the descriptions? :D You don't have to say what you were actually imagining (at least not as far as I'm concerned). ;)

Ok, Natarhi, from Avi's description, you are similar to my idea, as is Keren but looks like my idea of Star is way out
    Evening Lem :D

Evening Star, Night Star, Lem's tired after all that driving, time to sleep!

Avi - Yes, firm feet do get one home quickly and light traffic also helps :)
  • Options
    Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I will need to check my records then...

Not all of that was via PM, some of it I have mentioned on here in the past. Not my fault you can't remember. :p
    Ah I actually think I do remember where you said you were. Very easterly? yes? So are you back on for being able to come on the 7th Keren?

Yes, that's right. Don't know about the 7th yet, my tutor hasn't replied.
    I guess green or grey. :)

Well done. You're just too good for this game Nat. Now you have to guess which one is the right one. Part of my left eye is hazel, I've noticed through watching Merlin that Anthony Head has the same in his left eye too. His is more obvious than mine though.
    I think you told me what station you would be coming into London from, but not any more than that. And for all I know you could be getting a bus or local train to get to that station, so I don't know very exactly where you are.

I've looked at my PMs and I definitely told you as well as how long it would take me on the train. Again, not my fault you can't remember. ;)
    I won't have met anyone when we meet on the 18th. Worse still, you'll have all met each other together already AND seen the play. I'll just stand quietly in the corner (and knock back the drinks in the pub!)

It'll be fine. We'll be so drunk that you won't remember anything the morning after so at least if it is awful you won't be embarrassed. ;)

<Does not compute> Here is why I love the BRCOS. Especially the top left one and the one underneath. It's the swirl and sway and the way it emphasises Arthur's masterful stride.