Open mouth insert foot!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,526
Forum Member
Today I inadvertently put my foot in it- I was driving while my friend was chattering about her Wii Fit weight reading versus her bathroom scales.

She said she weighed a few pounds less on the Wii than her bathroom scales, so chose to believe that lesser reading over the other!

I (absentmindedly- paying attention to the roundabout) started agreeing about how I would definitely be more inclined to believe the Wii Fit’s weight reading over a bathroom scale because the Wii is electronic and scales can sometimes be knocked off centre. The computer reading is much more accurate I’m sure! :)

Turned out she had said that she is heavier on the Wii Fit than on the bathroom scales, so has chosen to believe the bathroom scales reading. :o:o:o

Luckily she saw the funny side and we both had a good giggle- I’m absolutely mortified!!!

Has anybody else got any foot-in-mouth stories?

Comments

• PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lardy lady should have been walking, not gossiping in a car....
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pinkster wrote: »

Has anybody else got any foot-in-mouth stories?

'Mmmm, delicious pigs trotter' I said at a dinner party. Turned out that our hosts were cannibalistic police killers!
    Do I win £5?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah loads.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Guy I used to work with used to drive a red Mondeo.

Got into the office one day and found him showing people some photo's he'd taken of his Mondeo, which'd apparently been seriously walloped in the rear by a black BMW which was lying on it's roof on the hard-shoulder of a motorway slip-road.

After commiserating with him about the damage to his car and saying how some drivers are utter arseholes who shouldn't be trusted with a skateboard, much less an expensive car, he revealed that he'd been in the process of collecting his father-in-law's black BMW from the airport when he'd run into the back of his missus, who was driving his Mondeo. :o
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've come across times when people repeat themselves, they must have it written down somewhere as a reminder for a rainy day .:D
  • MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going on about one of the roughest areas in Newcastle, talking to a new colleague. I said those type of houses you wipe your feet coming out, fear for anything shiny you leave outside and in general fear for your life.

'So where are you from then?' I asked my colleague.
    Aforementioned area came the reply...
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    Going on about one of the roughest areas in Newcastle, talking to a new colleague. I said those type of houses you wipe your feet coming out, fear for anything shiny you leave outside and in general fear for your life.

'So where are you from then?' I asked my colleague.
    Aforementioned area came the reply...

Wallsend, by any chance?

Used to work there.

Went into my local chip-shop one day and found they'd erected a plexiglass shield, like a bank, on the counter with a tiny hatch to serve food through and only a 2ft gap at the top for ventilation.

Went back a few days later and found they'd been forced to reinforce the plexiglass shield with steel bars every couple of feet and fit a plate-steel shield across the 2ft gap at the top of the plexiglass.

While I was there somebody offered to give me his flat in return for a one-way plane ticket to New York.
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..One happened the other day at our office that was just painful, colleague says to another colleague "Why do I see so many Jews queuing up for lottery tickets, don't they have enough money already?" completely oblivious to the fact that the guy he said it to is Jewish.