Options

Karen Buckley Missing Girl

Comments

• Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    I was sure I posted earlier in this thread..????

Anyway, I'm not holding out any hope if this poor girl being found alive
    Although, I hope I'm wrong.

You did!! I saw it before it disappeared.

It doesn't sound good does it.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    You did!! I saw it before it disappeared..
    Thank you! Thought I was going mad for a second there.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    You did!! I saw it before it disappeared.

It doesn't sound good does it.

Why?:confused:
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    Well you are clearly not reading the whole thread.

I was speaking regarding the media, at the very top of the thread.

How many people disappear never to be seen again and leave behind a clue, it does not mean they are dead or alive, they could just be missing.

What's your point. That they should not look for this poor young lady?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's your point. That they should not look for this poor young lady?

What are you talking about, I made my point in the first post of this thread, why do media report some but not others, that is the point you have clearly missed.

I am not on about if the police look for someone or not, I am referring to media.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why?:confused:

The police are expressing concern, they clearly don't think she has safely wandered off.
    Electra wrote: »
    'We are gravely concerned that Karen has come to some harm, whether that is down to foul play, criminality or she has taken unwell or had an accident is obviously still to be established.'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3038568/Parents-missing-student-vanished-nightclub-telling-friends-going-toilet-desperate-come-home.html

Yes, the Police don't say stuff like that lightly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The police are expressing concern, they clearly don't think she has safely wandered off.

Is that why the post was removed?

It said she had wondered off?
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about, I made my point in the first post of this thread, why do media report some but not others, that is the point you have clearly missed.

I am not on about if the police look for someone or not, I am referring to media.

I think the media pick up quite quickly on what might be a missing person, runaway , deliberate dissapearance and a highly suspicious dissapearance .
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

So Sorry. I misread your post. 😔
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My post was removed plus all the posts that quoted it, DS getting jittery legalwise or my post contravened a DS regulation.
    Who Knows ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is that why the post was removed?

It said she had wondered off?

What post was removed?

Which part of my post were you expressing confusion at?

ETA I see posts have been removed, Addisonians was linked via quoting.
  • Options
    pat898pat898 Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is the third thread in GD, DS will get the hump.

Hope she is found.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's 24, not a girl.

Hope this missing woman is found safe and well.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
  • Options
    pat898pat898 Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

Sorry :) I didn't know
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope you are not implying I am of a dim persuasion. The local radio did say his name . As I was driving at the time I missed it so therefore I put random . Respectful or not, it was announced she did not know him. So that makes him a random. Showing respect goes both ways and you need to take some of your own advice

Random:
    adjective
    > proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern:
    the random selection of numbers.

Informal.
    > unknown, unidentified, or out of place:
    A couple of random guys showed up at the party.
    > odd and unpredictable in an amusing way:
    my totally random life.

Random is not a noun. He is known therefore he's not unknown or unidentified.
    He is not B]a[/B] random, because that doesn't make sense, and he's not a random person because he's known. He may have been a random one-night stand, and if so, why not say that?

So the local media didn't say he was a random, as the local media would presumably have a slightly better grasp of the English language than to use such a colloquialism on a professional broadcast. Your misuse of the word random is why your post is being picked up, and your response only compounds the initial assertion re: dimwit.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you are clearly not reading the whole thread.

I was speaking regarding the media, at the very top of the thread.

How many people disappear never to be seen again and leave behind a clue, it does not mean they are dead or alive, they could just be missing.

It's the police who alert the media in the hope of attracting informati8n. It is unusual for a woman to disappear on a strange street in the middle of the night after ditching her handbag in a park.
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw poor lass. Not looking hopeful really. So sorry for what her family are going through.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member

Pretty white girl, decent background - media will pick it up

Not so pretty/not caucasian/not so decent background -media will not pick it up

Sad fact
  • Options
    Katrina_WoodsKatrina_Woods Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Do you actually have a life troll hunter?? Are you from glasgow ? Did you hear the local broadcast ? The word random is used to denote that she really did not know the guy from Adam . If a girl goes off with a guy she has never met before then he will be called a random. Yes his name was broadcast after the event. For all she knew he could have given her a different name . That is something that can be clarified if she is found safe and well.
  • Options
    UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I think the media pick up quite quickly on what might be a missing person, runaway , deliberate dissapearance and a highly suspicious dissapearance .

Yup.

The vast majority of people who go missing do so of their own free will in circumstances that make this fairly obvious (they leave home taking money and personal items with them, for example), whereas most children reported missing have been taken out of agreed custody arrangements by a parent or another family member. Many adults who go missing have a history of doing so or of being AWOL from school, work or family commitments and there is no immediate cause for concern if they do not check in for a few days. In short, most people who go missing either turn up shortly thereafter or have clearly actively decided to absent themselves from certain aspects of their lives. There are sometimes mistakes from the authorities who consider a missing person not to be at risk or more rarely, consider an absent person who has not been in touch to be at risk when they are not (James Argent recently for example).

People who go missing at the end of a night out, who don't seem to have personal possessions with them, and who don't have a history of going missing, do get publicity - you see this regularly with men too so it's not just "missing white woman syndrome."
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm following this case closely it's not looking good unfortunately with her handbag being dumped. Very sad Karen's family must be suffering immensley. It's almost fully light here near Glasgow so thorough searching should be starting imminently.
  • Options
    tv_lover_06tv_lover_06 Posts: 6,278
    Forum Member
    I hope she is found safe and well, thoughts go out to her family
This discussion has been closed.